Anyone seen this?

Author Topic: Anyone seen this?  (Read 12853 times)

tiffanycuppycake

• Praying with Anger

« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2007, 11:43:22 AM »
i foujd out from my daughter that he was gonna do it. i hope w/e he decides too do he always does it well.
incerely.

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• http://www.teddyblass.com
Anyone seen this?
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2007, 01:04:03 PM »
Quote from: "MNightFan430"

I have never seen Avatar and I don't know if I should...

I really enjoy the series! I have the first season on DVD, it's really fantastic. Everybody has different tastes, and it is aimed at a younger audience, but everyone that I have talked to who has seen the series (young or old) has said that they like it. Nick plays it every weekday @ 4:30 PM EST, give it a try.

gonzito

• Praying with Anger

Anyone seen this?
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2007, 11:04:51 AM »
mnightfan430 you're pissing me off with always listing people!!!

stop it! ok?

what about this story of numbers of posts?!

are you stupid or what?

I can post only one time in a year and be a better fan than you are...

so stop judging people...
he scariest thing is not knowing your place in the world...

MNightFan430

• The Village

Anyone seen this?
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2007, 07:37:51 PM »
gonzito,

Please, do not start a fight on a forum...  It would look stupid and we all know that they never work out.  AND don't tell people not to judge others especially after you claim to be a better M. Night fan than me.  Do you know who I am?  How do you know I'm not the better fan?  Please don't be a hypocrite.  I didn't specifically state, "I hate gonzito because he doesn't trust M. Night and doesn't like his next project!"  Where did I post that?  Like I said, I'm not pushing any forum fighting, but you know there are people on here that "just like his movies".  Can I get an Amen anybody?  Like I said, I responded with that saying because of all the negativity towards his next project.  We don't know anything yet.  Why are we JUDGING only a few short descriptions of what will happen in the next two years?  I will apoligize though if it upset you because I meant it in a joking manner, but I can't express that on a forum.  I figured if I ended that post with some excitement people would understand that I was only making a statement, not a criticism.

So, I'm sorry gonzito.

I hope to hear your response within a year.
See...tell him to see...  Tell Merrill to swing away.

gonzito

• Praying with Anger

Anyone seen this?
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2007, 12:52:48 PM »
I think the problem is that we did not understand one to other...

I'm sorry if my point of view was not so clear...

But I still think you're wrong.

And what I said about "the better fan" was just a supposition...because it's a thing  
 that can't be known.
he scariest thing is not knowing your place in the world...

MNightFan430

• The Village

Anyone seen this?
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2007, 01:02:05 PM »
Ok then.

Let's agree to disagree.   :D
See...tell him to see...  Tell Merrill to swing away.

Mr. Mammal

Anyone seen this?
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2007, 08:01:35 PM »

Legolas

• The Sixth Sense

Anyone seen this?
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2007, 03:23:06 PM »
I was very surprised when I saw that Night was doing this.  At first I was a little disappointed because I like his original material.  However, the more I think about it the more it makes sense.  Night's last two movies have been beyond the comprehension level of critics and didn't do well.  This is definitely a major low point in his career.  If things go well, his green movie will most likely be made before Avatar.  If the green movie doesn't do well it could be the end of his career.  That is, if he didn't have Avatar.  From what I hear read, it seems as though Avatar is very popular.  Failure of the movie would be very improbable.  I would rather have Night make Avatar than lose his career.  Besides, it seems as though it could be very interesting.  I don't think Night would make something disappointing.

In the end, I've decided that I just need to trust my hero.  After all, he is the one that I have hailed as the greatest genius the world has ever known.  He has reasons for doing what he does.  I should not doubt him.  I'm sure this will all turn out for the better.

afi_village

• LITW

Anyone seen this?
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2007, 08:52:00 AM »
when i first heard about this i was a little worried...making a cartoon series into a live action movie?  i thought maybe it would box him into the stereotype of being a kids director, which i would hate.

but i was flicking channels on tv and the show just happened to be on.  after watching it i feel a lot more confident that this is good material for him to work with.  the story and characters are actually quite interesting.

i think as long as he doesn't make the film too much orientated towards children it could actually be really good.

i would rather see him direct his own original material, but this is definatly a good alternative if that is not possible.  like legolas said in the above post, it is important that he still has a career!!  and this will most probably help with that!

if you get an oportunity to watch the show then i would recomend to, it may help you put aside your worries...or it could just make them worse!
OH MY GOD...i was at a placebo concert last night and i was second row standing right in front of brian...then i got steve's drumstick!  HELL YEAH!!!

werebearxxx

• The Happening

• http://myspace.com/werebearxxx
Anyone seen this?
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2007, 01:24:07 AM »
i would like to first say:
i am not an anime fan in any way. the closest thing that i like to that would be the last samurai.

on a wimm, i watch airbender the other day and i would have to say that i was truely imprest. i really enjoyed it, and i think that it would be a great live-action movie. and who better to do it than the best director of our time....mr. shyamalan.

so if you ever get the chance...give it a shot. i think that you might enjoy it.

Legolas

• The Sixth Sense

Anyone seen this?
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2007, 10:29:44 AM »
I've been watching Avatar ever since I heard about this project.  I've seen every episode that's out so far.  I am definitely an Avatar fan now.  This show has incredible potential.  Now I understand why Night took on this project.  If anyone here has any doubts, watch the show!  The movies are going to be absolutely fantastic!

ianisalways

• Praying with Anger

Anyone seen this?
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2007, 05:17:34 AM »
Quote from: "werebearxxx"
on a wimm, i watch airbender the other day and i would have to say that i was truely imprest. i really enjoyed it, and i think that it would be a great live-action movie. and who better to do it than the best director of our time....mr. shyamalan.

i do have to say i'm not very impressed with your spelling...
c'mmaaann.

:?
vdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=ianisalways
myspace.com/ianisalways

mathematicalArtist

• Global Moderator

• Personal Text
    FearEnds WhereFaithBegins
Anyone seen this?
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2007, 03:18:40 PM »
Quote from: "ianisalways"
i do have to say i'm not very impressed with your spelling...
c'mmaaann.

Comments like this are best left to PMs... if they are to be left at all.

If you feel the need to further this discussion with me or anyone else, please use PMs.

Thanks. :)
Men occasionally stumble over the truth,
but most of them pick themselves up
and hurry off as if nothing had happened.

- Winston Churchill

werebearxxx

• The Happening

• http://myspace.com/werebearxxx
Anyone seen this?
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2007, 12:00:35 PM »
any news on the AvATAR front?????????

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

• http://www.teddyblass.com
Anyone seen this?
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2007, 03:23:37 PM »
Not really. The start of Season 3 (aka Book 3 for Avatar fans) was 'delayed'

Although it never really had an official start date, many said that season 3 was going to begin around May. Now, Nick is saying that season 3 will begin sometime in the second 1/2 of 2007.

could this be somehow related to the movie?