After all this...

Author Topic: After all this...  (Read 2749 times)

Wags

• The Happening

After all this...
« on: January 24, 2007, 11:30:17 AM »
Considering that almost all the studios have passed on Green Planet, do you guys think Night will go back and do some re-writes?

It just seems like after all the controversy that followed Lady in the Water, he might have no choice at this point but to do what the studios want him to do and change the script a bit.

spikeshinizle

• The Sixth Sense

After all this...
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 04:33:12 AM »
I'm a huge Night fan, dont get me wrong.  But I think it might be for the best if he does do some re-writes.  Lets not deny it, he was quite stubborn with LITW and it didnt really seem to pay off.  Sure a small group loved it (myself included), but Night himself has said that making films is also a business to him.  And at the end of the day, if he isnt making money, he isnt doing his job well.
Now we could all argue about the artistic merit of his films (I love them all by the way).  But it seems as though studios are a little apprehensive about taking a gamble on his next film.
As much as it pains me to say it (for I love his original work).  I really think he should do Avatar first, if he doesnt agree to it soon enough, it may pass on as well and then what?

I dont want to sound harsh, I love the guy (have I said that enough yet? haha).  I just hope he does whats best for him.

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• http://www.teddyblass.com
After all this...
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 12:31:08 PM »
I personally rather see Green Planet before Avatar, but maybe it is best for him to do something that already has a large fan-base, and is almost a virtual lock for making it's money back. I just believe that Avatar is going to take a lot of pre-production, and a lot of thought put into the script, actors, visual effects, martial arts training, etc. for it to be truley great. If Shyamalan already has a spec script out for Green Planet, then I'm sure it could be set for filming before the years end.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
After all this...
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 03:40:54 AM »
I don't want to see AVATAR first before GREENPLANET, cause GP is his original screenplay and he will rewrite it in a month and we will see if any studio will accept it or not.

In fact, I wish he never do AVATAR cause the taste of his GENRE will fade away from the minds of all his crazy fans.

GP sounds awesome.

Maya

• Signs

• my myspace
    • Email
After all this...
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2007, 07:25:49 PM »
Quote from: "Rohan"
I don't want to see AVATAR first before GREENPLANET, cause GP is his original screenplay and he will rewrite it in a month and we will see if any studio will accept it or not.

In fact, I wish he never do AVATAR cause the taste of his GENRE will fade away from the minds of all his crazy fans.

GP sounds awesome.

...so now we're crazy?
 :wink:

i hope 'green' gets to be made (whatever the title ends up to be)..

i don't think the taste'll ever fade away.
-b.rocha

attributed to einstein:
"if the bees disappeared off the surface of the globe
than man would only have four years of life left."

http://www.myspace.com/274520477

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
After all this...
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2007, 08:19:08 PM »
Quote from: "Maya"
Quote from: "Rohan"

GP sounds awesome.

...so now we're crazy?
 :wink:

i hope 'green' gets to be made (whatever the title ends up to be)..

i don't think the taste'll ever fade away.

Hi Maya,

I know, but somehow I feel that it will fade away.
I will never dislike any movie of M.Night, because he
makes his movies more secretly and most importantly AWESOME.

I want to see GP first. Wish he do it. I think he really wants to do it cause he was in LA and trying to show it to a studio.

-Rohan