list your fav night films in order...

Author Topic: list your fav night films in order...  (Read 9941 times)

Mr_Glass.1

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Email
Re: list your fav night films in order...
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2008, 09:24:14 AM »
I know exactly what you mean Saint Amber, when I went to make my list, I was like, uh oh, what do I choose, eventaully my favorite for the list was the one I had most recently watched.  Ungortunately I don't have cable, or any of that, just a simple tv screen and dvd player, and Wide Awake is very hard to find that way.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

Lifeordeath1

• Email
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2008, 05:53:33 PM »
Wide Awake isnt hard to find, just go look on Ebay.  I mean your paying like $20 but...
"My biggest fear in life is to be average."
      M. Night Shyamalan

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #32 on: February 29, 2008, 09:03:34 AM »
Well, if it's that good, it's worth paying the money.

Dal

• Wide Awake

« Reply #33 on: February 29, 2008, 04:43:33 PM »
1. Signs - The perfect movie had a bit of every thing in it  :)

2. The Sixth Sense 

3. Unbreakable 

4. The Village  - Still better than most other movies out there but personally my least favourite of nights films.

Lifeordeath1

• Email
« Reply #34 on: February 29, 2008, 06:45:40 PM »
Well... its not amazingly awesome, but its worth to own M. Nights entire collection.   ;D
      M. Night Shyamalan

DILinator

• The Happening

« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2008, 12:07:59 AM »
In response to Lifeordeath asking about my preference for Wide Awake over Unbreakable....

I liked the movie, and it resonated more with me personally than Unbreakable did.  That's not to say I didn't like Unbreakable.  But that movie remains a slight disappointment for me all these years for having so much unreached potential.  Like I said before, if only the movie were another 20-30 minutes longer, or there had been a sequel.  It just felt unfinished to me the way it was.  Like we only saw the beginning of the story - which we did - but there was so much more.  I don't know.  It has just always lagged a little bit behind the others, and I really liked Wide Awake's message, and sweetness.  After seeing it, I let my folks borrow the movie, and my mom, whose previous favorite was The Village, said it might be her new favorite.  If you're more into the message behind the movies than the actual presentation, I think that can alter and affect one's preference for them. 

BTW, I got my copy through Blockbuster Online, so that's always a route you can go to get more hard to find movies.
"See what you have to ask yourself is what kind of person are you? Are you the kind that sees signs, sees miracles? Or do you believe that people just get lucky?"

I'm a "Signs" person.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2008, 02:08:46 PM »
Yes, thanks for the information.  I really liked Unbreakable, even if it did leave off rather abruptly.

DILinator

• The Happening

« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2008, 07:50:17 PM »
Unbreakable has been the most disappointing Shyamalan movie for me, only because LITW I didn't have high expectations for going in.  I was really excited about Unbreakable going in, and felt a bit of a let down at the end.  Still, I'm not saying it's a bad movie or anything.  Just that it feels unfinished to me, and it's hard for me to get overly excited about movies like that. 
"See what you have to ask yourself is what kind of person are you? Are you the kind that sees signs, sees miracles? Or do you believe that people just get lucky?"

I'm a "Signs" person.

Lifeordeath1

• Email
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2008, 08:59:31 PM »
I understand your point DILinator!  Thanks for the reply!  I can totally understand see your point about it being a little longer.
      M. Night Shyamalan

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2008, 01:45:56 PM »
See, I just knew that it was a Night film, so I knew it would be good.  I thought it was an intriguing story and I felt satisfied at the end of the film.

Prince111

• The Village

• Email
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2008, 10:34:30 PM »
My list is:

1.  Signs-The whole basement scene is scary as you know what.

2.  Unbreakable

3.  The Sixth Sense

4.  The Hapenning

5.  Lady in the Water

6.  The Village

mnightfan4lyfe

« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2008, 11:15:38 PM »
The Sixth Sense - perfectly crafted magic on film. perfect script. perfect actors, cinematography, everything.

The Village - just loved the dark mood of the story, the place, very cool. romantic. joaquin phoenix is brilliant.

Unbreakable - genius. creative, bizarre but amazing. waiting for more!

Signs - summer fun with meaning. the aliens were a little  ???, but other than that, me likey.

Lady in the Water - original, entertaining and moving. not perfect for a few reasons, but still so much better and more interesting that most of what's out there these days.

(didn't see The Happening so IDK)

Namaste

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2008, 12:14:34 AM »
I want to start by saying I am pleasantly suprised to see how high The Village ranked among the responses..its so great to know there are people out there who appreciate it!

1 The Village (fav shyamalan movie by a good margin and my 2nd fav movie of all time)
2 The 6th Sense (just a great movie overall)
3 Tie: Signs and Unbreakable (they are so different you just can't compare them to each other)

Ive only seen part of Wide Awake on TV but it looked really good. I've only seen LITW and the Happening once, so I don't really feel like i can rank them justly yet.

(by the way, if you were wondering; Gattaca is my fav movie of all time. It is pure cinematic perfection in every way, and just barely beats out the village)
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Lieutenantnike

• The Sixth Sense

• Email
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2008, 12:37:50 AM »
1. Signs
2. Unbreakable
3. The Happening
4. Lady in the Water
5. The Sixth Sense
6. The Village

GenPion

• Unbreakable

• Email
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2008, 12:29:39 PM »
1. The Sixth Sense
2. The Village
3. Signs
4. Unbreakable
5. Lady in the Water
6. Wide Awake
7. The Happening

That is not to say the ones at the lower end of the list are film's I don't love. I really love all of M. Night Shyamalan's work. The ones towards the top of the list are easily some of my favorite film's ever made though so it is hard to rank the rest... but M. Night's work has never really let me down.

I might have to share my reasons for picking the order to the films later.