unbreakable aprecc.

Author Topic: unbreakable aprecc.  (Read 3763 times)

werebearxxx

• The Happening

• http://myspace.com/werebearxxx
unbreakable aprecc.
« on: February 05, 2007, 01:41:20 AM »
it was ....soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good.

mr. glass is the best villan name ever.

Legolas

• The Sixth Sense

Re: unbreakable aprecc.
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 10:18:23 AM »
Quote from: "werebearxxx"

I agree.  He is also a very interesting character.  I find it...odd...that he helped David become a super hero so he could be a comic book-type villain.  A very interesting character.

Mr. Mammal

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007, 12:28:33 PM »
Quote from: "Legolas"
Quote from: "werebearxxx"

I agree.  He is also a very interesting character.  I find it...odd...that he helped David become a super hero so he could be a comic book-type villain.  A very interesting character.

He didn?t do it with the intention of becoming a villain. He only realized he was David?s antagonist at the end.

Legolas

• The Sixth Sense

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2007, 01:51:10 PM »
Quote from: "Mr. Mammal"
He didn?t do it with the intention of becoming a villain. He only realized he was David?s antagonist at the end.

I see now.  That's why he said, "Now that we know he you are, I know who I am" or something to that effect.  I haven't seen the movie in a long time.

• Signs

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2008, 12:05:37 PM »
My son and I really appreciated the story. He had never seen the film before, so he was genuinely surprised at the end. We both agreed that we felt sorry for Mr. Glass, but we never came to accept him. Theres something just not right about him, and we felt fine with David resisting him. When David starts accepting Mr. Glass's theory, I started feeling so conflicted. One second I would accept what David was doing, but the other second I found myself wishing he never explored these ideas.

The ending left you really wondering. The whole concept of Mr. Glass's purpose pushed the limits. My son and I talked about it for quite awhile afterward. I like when a film can inspire conversation long after the credits roll.

Mr_Glass.1

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Email
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2008, 09:27:12 AM »
Yea, I agree with you Avatar_Mom, I think though that you are supposed to understand Elijah Price, feel some pity for him, but not agree with him, you can't murder hundreds of people just to find the one person and say that you aren't a murders because you did something good for the world.  I pity him, and others like him, who don't know why they're here and do stuff to find out why.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

Unbroken

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2008, 01:37:36 PM »
Quote Avatar_Mom: "I like when a film can inspire conversation long after the credits roll."

That's why I love M. Night. All his films can do that.

- It's alright to be afraid, David. Because this part won't be anything like a comic book. Real life doesn't fit into little boxes that were drawn for it. -

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2008, 09:46:12 AM »
Yea, I'm hoping The Happening does also.

marco

• Personal Text
    "Look! A circle!" - "Yeah...what's the problem?"
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2008, 05:18:15 PM »
Yea, I'm hoping The Happening does also.

It'll do for sure ;)
"Welcome to The Cove"

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2008, 09:50:40 AM »
The Happening will inspire thought, but it will also be scary, and very moving.  Mark Whalberg is going to do an excellent job.  Anyway, back to the subject.