An interesting thought

Author Topic: An interesting thought  (Read 4424 times)

Legolas

• The Sixth Sense

An interesting thought
« on: February 13, 2007, 10:02:48 AM »
I just realized something the last time I watched The Village.  After Lucius admits crossing the forbidden line into the woods, Mr. Walker walks to where he is sitting.  Lucius had done something that was forbidden and had seemingly put everyone in danger.  You would expect Mr. Walker to scold him in some way, but he doesn't.  Instead, he tells him not to fret and that he is fearless.  Then it came to me.  I'll bet that Mr. Walker was the creature that was approaching Ivy as she stood in the doorway, right before Lucius grabbed her hand and the awesome music started.  Obviously, he couldn't be angry at Lucius after seeing that.

Maybe this is obvious to most people the first time they see it.  Perhaps I'm just slow, or maybe I'm completely wrong altogether.  What are your thoughts?

mathematicalArtist

• Global Moderator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• Personal Text
    FearEnds WhereFaithBegins
An interesting thought
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 12:26:01 PM »
I've actually never thought of that before, but it certainly seems like a possibility, especially since Mr. Walker is not seen on screen during the event.  Perhaps everyone is supposed to go to the nearest house for safety, but you would think that he would want to be with his family during such an occurrence.  Then again, since Mr. Walker is the head elder, you also wouldn't think he would turn up missing in this situation.  Hmmm.  Interesting.
Men occasionally stumble over the truth,
but most of them pick themselves up
and hurry off as if nothing had happened.

- Winston Churchill

Legolas

• The Sixth Sense

An interesting thought
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 04:45:05 PM »
Well, Ivy and Kitty are watching the children, so Mr. and Mrs. Walker must be gone for some reason.  Dressing up as creatures and scaring people sounds like a logical reason to me. :wink:

Namaste

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
Re: An interesting thought
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 01:17:54 AM »
yeah i noticed that too..that the parents were nowhere to be found, but that wasnt till the 3rd or 4th time i had seen it. I love that line (well the scene) where walker tells lucious he is fearless. I think, though, that it is because the way lucious faces the creatures reminds Walker of how scared he himself is of the outside world. "you are fearless in a way that I shall never know"

I do not think of what will happen; only of what must be done.
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 05:20:11 PM »
Oh another interesting thought. If the creature which almost reached Ivy were her father, wouldnt she have seen his color?
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Unbroken

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2008, 02:44:28 PM »
Probably. Her ability had a supernatural/psychic element to it.

Sanford

• The Avatar

• Black Lightning
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2008, 09:44:12 PM »
I just realized something the last time I watched The Village.  After Lucius admits crossing the forbidden line into the woods, Mr. Walker walks to where he is sitting.  Lucius had done something that was forbidden and had seemingly put everyone in danger.  You would expect Mr. Walker to scold him in some way, but he doesn't.  Instead, he tells him not to fret and that he is fearless.  Then it came to me.  I'll bet that Mr. Walker was the creature that was approaching Ivy as she stood in the doorway, right before Lucius grabbed her hand and the awesome music started.  Obviously, he couldn't be angry at Lucius after seeing that.

Maybe this is obvious to most people the first time they see it.  Perhaps I'm just slow, or maybe I'm completely wrong altogether.  What are your thoughts?

I never thought of that before, but it definitely seems possible. Maybe he saw how much Lucius really did love his daughter and that made him happy. Cool observation.

Erik

• Personal Text
    d'oh!
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2008, 02:08:17 PM »
Oh another interesting thought. If the creature which almost reached Ivy were her father, wouldnt she have seen his color?
If you look at the scene, Ivy didn't turn to the creature. She hasn't seen any collour at all, except the one of Lucious.
I would expect that some people have the same collour. I think that Lucious has the same collour as Mr. Walker and Ivy's sister. They all love and care about Ivy. The first question that comes to my mind is if she would recognise Noah's collour when he attacks. Perhaps his collour changed from 'caring' to 'anger' or something?
We can breath in space,
they just don't want us to escape...

Unbroken

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2008, 05:41:07 PM »
I don't think Noah had a color. Remember when Ivy put the coat in the closet, and he was there but she didn't notice him?

That was also one of the creepiest parts in the movie... my heart jumped for a moment. It's so cool how Night can use something as subtle as that to scare you.

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2008, 09:05:20 PM »
Only two people had a color for Ivy. Her father and Lucius. I believe her father's color was yellow, but Lucius had red; because her father was living ruled by fear while lucius was living by love. I won't get too into that yet though. Someday though I'm going to do a really deep analysis of the movie (im talking ten pages or more) and I'll share it with you guys..but I need time :o

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

• http://www.teddyblass.com
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2008, 12:41:48 AM »

Good point sir.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2008, 12:41:34 PM »
Interesting point. Mr.Walker is awesome.

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2008, 12:20:34 AM »
"What manner of spectacle has attracted your attention so splendidly, I ought to carry it in my pocket to help me teach?"

..that's all I have to say about that.