Role Call

Author Topic: Role Call  (Read 10559 times)

Wags

• The Happening

Role Call
« on: June 24, 2007, 01:05:54 AM »
Hey, just wondering if anyone (aside from Dr. Malcolm Crowe, myself, and a few others) are still around and about.

Just drop in with a line.  Doesn't even need to be that important, just want to see some of your smiling faces (figuratively speaking).

Me personally, can't wait for THE HAPPENING.  Comes out the same year as my favorite band's new album (Dredg). Also, relatively the same year I graduate from college.  2008 is lookin to be a good year.

Kind of rambling, but feel free to respond.

afi_village

• LITW

Role Call
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2007, 08:00:00 AM »
i still check the site sometimes, but it's just so dead here...

damn i want that village t shirt, if it weren't for that shipping.

also, everyone should go buy voxtrot's selftitled album, it's pretty amazing.  although telling people outside of australia to buy it won't make them tour here...i'll still tell you all anyway!  you can hear a sample on reaching4lasers.com if you're interested.

i'm pretty hyped for the happening, but it just seems so far away!  i'm sure time will pass quick though, it always does!
OH MY GOD...i was at a placebo concert last night and i was second row standing right in front of brian...then i got steve's drumstick!  HELL YEAH!!!

mathematicalArtist

• Global Moderator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• Personal Text
    FearEnds WhereFaithBegins
Role Call
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2007, 12:03:49 PM »
+1  :D

Like everyone else here, I'm really looking forward to The Happening.  I'm excited that Mark Wahlberg and Zooey Deschanel are signed on.  I know they're both going to do a wonderful job.

Also, over at james-newton-howard.com they have The Happening listed under the Filmography section.  I'm not exactly sure what to make of it since the site is not official, but since I'm such a fan of his music, especially in all of Night's major movies, I very much hope that it's true.

It's always nice seeing everyone who stops by here. :)
Men occasionally stumble over the truth,
but most of them pick themselves up
and hurry off as if nothing had happened.

- Winston Churchill

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

• http://www.teddyblass.com
Role Call
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2007, 03:32:13 PM »
I'll check in even though you mentioned me in the first post.

@mathematicalArtist,
James Newton Howard is pretty much a lock for any and every M. Night Shyamalan movie so that shouldn't really be news. Night has worked with Sam Mercer, James Newton Howard and Brick Mason on everyone of his big 5 movies. If one of them wasn't to come back then that would be news.

@afi_village,
Yeah, CafePress shipping is pretty pricey, but a lot times you can find coupon codes and promo codes on the net. Do a Google search on "cafepress coupon codes", it might take a week because the coupons change daily, but you'll probably find something.

mathematicalArtist

• Global Moderator

• Personal Text
Role Call
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2007, 06:22:48 PM »
@Dr Malcom Crowe,
News is simply new information, regardless of how well it can be predicted.  I'm so appreciative of the work of JNH that I don't take any of his decisions for granted.  Regardless, if and when JNH is confirmed to be working on The Happening, I expect to not see this posted on the home page because it obviously won't be news. ;)

- Winston Churchill

marco

• Personal Text
    "Look! A circle!" - "Yeah...what's the problem?"
Role Call
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2007, 01:37:25 PM »
Hi,everybody!I'm still here...well,actually...I'm always here!Looking for some news,or new topics,or whatever you want.I don't need to tell you that I'm waiting for The Happening just like anyone of you here,I think :wink:
The One Director will start shooting on August!
Keep waiting with hope till Summer 2008!
"Welcome to The Cove"

dan_arbro

• Wide Awake

• http://dan-arbro.deviantart.com/
    • Email
Role Call
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2007, 12:47:04 AM »
Hey, I'm new. I usually check this place 4-8 times a week. I am EXTACTIC for the Happening. 2008 will also be the year I finish College... well University for me. Its the same thing here in Canada, but we call it University for some reason O_o ?

I wish I lived in Philly so I could work in someway on that set. That would be the most amazing thing ever.
"...your book will be the seeds of many of his great thoughts. They will be the seeds of change. "

werebearxxx

• The Happening

• http://myspace.com/werebearxxx
Role Call
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2007, 11:56:05 AM »
im here brohems.

im just sitting queitly waiting on news about the biggest movie of nexxxxt summer.

Legolas

• The Sixth Sense

Role Call
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2007, 04:32:56 PM »
Sorry I haven't been around for awhile, but I'm here now.  Naturally, I am looking forward to "The Happening."  I went to the open call for teenage boys, but they didn't like the way I look....oh well.  Even if we all expected it, it's good to know that James Newton Howard is definitely doing this movie.

UFOReader

• Praying with Anger

Role Call
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2007, 10:01:18 PM »
hey, i'm here. i visit every day to check the news. i also check google news and the imdb boards constantly. this is my favorite place, though.

Indyslf

Role Call
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2007, 12:26:17 PM »
I'm alive and well. I check out the site periodically, but spend most of my time wandering through imdb. The darn thing's addicting.

Sri HK

Role Call
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2007, 08:14:07 PM »
I have been here for the past one yr as a member and close to 2 yrs as a visitor!

:D
What you see isn't always what u get.

werebearxxx

• The Happening

• http://myspace.com/werebearxxx
Role Call
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2007, 02:00:54 PM »
im still kickin son.

mathematicalArtist

• Global Moderator

• Personal Text
Re: Role Call
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2007, 10:02:03 PM »
I love the new forums!  It's great that registration will be easier for legitimate new members.  The more the merrier!  :)

- Winston Churchill

Specter

• Administrator

• NarniaFans
Re: Role Call
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2007, 10:21:08 PM »
Thanks!  Yeah, I'm pretty excited about that prospect myself.  I'm going to do whatever it takes to bring back the feel of the old forums, with the full functionality of this new software.  It's going to ROCK!