Role Call

Author Topic: Role Call  (Read 10564 times)

Mr_Glass.1

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Email
Re: Role Call
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2007, 04:46:15 PM »
I'm here.  I visit this site a couple of times a week.  It's a great site.  By the way-mathematicalartist, I'm a big fan of James Newton Howard.  I own a decent number of his soundtracks.  Which are your favorite.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 09:01:13 AM by Mr_Glass.1 »
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

mathematicalArtist

• Global Moderator

• Personal Text
    FearEnds WhereFaithBegins
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2007, 11:06:19 AM »
My all time favorite of his is The Village, although I also really like his score for Lady in the Water.  In terms of the scores he's made for Night, my next two favorites would be Unbreakable and then Signs followed by The Sixth Sense.  Perhaps you know this, but if you like JNH's score for Unbreakable, you should give a listen to his score for the Disney movie Dinosaur.  There are actually quite a few similarities between the two.  I also really like the work JNH did on Batman Begins as well.  The only other non-Shyamalan movie soundtrack I have by JNH is Treasure Planet which I also like quite a bit.

I'd definitely love to hear your favorites, although we should probably continue this discussion in the James Newton Howard section.  If you can't find a topic you're looking for there, feel free to start a new one.  I hope to see you around. :)
Men occasionally stumble over the truth,
but most of them pick themselves up
and hurry off as if nothing had happened.

- Winston Churchill

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2007, 12:52:46 PM »
Sorry it took so long for me to reply, I've been way to busy.  Sure, I'll start a new topic in the James Newton Howard section.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 09:01:45 AM by Mr_Glass.1 »

chickentac

• Praying with Anger

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2007, 09:28:21 AM »
Hi, I am new here though i love this site. Been checking it out since lady in the water but yeah. Really excited for the happening truthfully though i am so freakin excited for Shyamalan to make the Avatar trilogy cause that is one of my favorite shows.

I  am a big M. Night fan and am graduating college this year as well, getting my degree in film. But yeah
Thanks for the great site.

Specter

• Administrator

• NarniaFans
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2007, 12:02:39 PM »
Hi!  Welcome to the site!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 07:18:03 PM by Specter »

iamkatara

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2008, 01:49:39 PM »
I'm still here. It's pretty dead though, which kinda makes me upset. Let's hope more go onto his main website, and it's not just us. ;D

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2008, 10:22:21 AM »
There's some new people here who seem to post a decent amount, so the site seems like it's becoming a little more active.

lakota

• Praying with Anger

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2008, 05:21:59 PM »
I joined a long time ago and only posted a happy b day message to night. I saw his latest and even got a free poster at our theatre. I loved it it didnt drag like lady. Im in ohio btw. anyways i hope we all have fun on here.
you did something to my thoughts- lady in the water.

ALF

• The Village

• Email
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2008, 06:19:07 AM »
Hi to you all,
I'm also here, but could'nt write in a few days. I visit the site at my work, when there's not so much to do, but in the last days I was really busy, unfortunatly.

The last film I went to see at the cinema was The Happening, and I'm still fighting with my friends to convinve them that they should see it one more time to understand better what's happening  ;D

After that film, there's nothing more at the cinema that I'd like to see, I think movies are crossing a bad moment, and better not talk about spanish movies, just terrible.
Dame Nature moves in Strange Ways

lakota

• Praying with Anger

« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2008, 11:39:18 AM »
Must be nice to have a theatre that shows other typed of movies, let alone the spanish ones. Lima has like one big movie place called stadium 12 and then there is this thing called dollar movies , outside of lima is a bunch of smaller places but none show anything more then ur average ordinary everyday films.......boring in most cases..Oh well we cant have it all i guesse.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2008, 09:23:04 AM »
Hey, welcome to the site.  Hope you enjoy it.

lakota

• Praying with Anger

« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2008, 02:25:48 PM »
thanka. Looks like a lot of good stuff has been posted.

Avalia

• Praying with Anger

« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2008, 09:29:10 PM »
Heyy! I'm new to the site, but I've been a fan of M. Night for a while now.
I haven't seen a movie by him that I don't like. I loved Lady In The Water, I don't understand why a lot of people hated it. Oh well, whatever floats your boat I suppose. The Happening was awesome!! Even if I had to cover my eyes at a few parts.  ;)

I am really really excited to see what he does with Avatar. I love the series and I've always thought that if the right person got their hands on it they could make it into something completely amazing. (More amazing than it already is anyways!  ;D) I can't think of a better person that him.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2008, 09:03:53 AM »
Hey, welcome aboard Avalia, that's great, I also loved Lady In The Water, even though most people don't.  I post a lot here, unfortunately, I've been gone for about a month and haven't been able to post, but I'M BACK.