M Night Shyamalan and Paine Family on set of The Happening

Author Topic: M Night Shyamalan and Paine Family on set of The Happening  (Read 2470 times)

DrPaine

• Praying with Anger

« on: September 04, 2007, 10:41:12 AM »
August 6th 2007, While in NYC on a business trip, my wife, kids, and I decided to take a walk through central park. While walking in the park we could hear a very loud noise so we decided to investigate. As we walk towards the sound we notice several signs that had disclaimers we were in an area a film is being shot. Wow a film is being shot we thought. About then we notice the source of the noise was several huge fans. The fans, about 8 feet in diameter, were being used to blow several trees around on a movie set.

We stopped to watch, while others were being hurried by the security around the set down a second path. Soon the security guards would close off access to the area we were standing in. They then began to relocate the movie set to where we were standing. We started to notice that we were the only one's without an id hanging from our necks. They must have overlooked us or thought we were movie extras.

It was around then that my wife pointed out, " Hey isn't that the director guy, M Night .... !". My wife funmbled to get her camera out when one of the set people came over and told us no pictures please. Soon after M Night walked near us to speak with the same women that told us no pictures. My wife waved at him. He turned to us and she asked "could we take your picture?" He then leaned down to squeeze our 7 month old baby's face and said, "sure especially for someone with such a cute baby". We then had our picture take with M Night Shyamalan. We introduced ourselves to him and told him that we are big fans of his movies. He said, "If you liked those then you will love this one. I've already killed someone today.. muhhaha". He went on to explain the movie is titled the Happening and would be released next year, June 13th.

Before he left to go back to directing the movie, he leaned into me and said, "Play along like we know each other.." In a loud voice so the security people could hear, he pointed at me and said he would be seeing me later. I then said, "Oh it was good seeing him again as well.. lol". He then went back to directing the movie. Later we found out that it was actually his birthday. What a nice guy to take time to talk with the fans.

M Night Shyamalan, if you ever get this message, thank you for making our trip to New York City a memorable one!

Thanks,
Jason, Patty, Shawn, and Christopher Paine

UFOReader

• Praying with Anger

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007, 12:42:21 PM »
who's jealous? I AM!!

marco

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Personal Text
    "Look! A circle!" - "Yeah...what's the problem?"
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 01:43:01 PM »
:shock: Me too... :shock:
You have registered here only to make us go crazy?!?!?!?!?! :evil:
Of course I'm just kidding..or maybe not?? :cry:
Lucky you! 8)
"Welcome to The Cove"

DrPaine

• Praying with Anger

naaah
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007, 04:00:33 PM »
Naaahhh...  I wouldn't do that to you !!  :D

But really what a nice guy to do that for us... I thought it was a cool story that had to be shared with people who could really appreciate it. If only we could have gotten invited to his birthday party later that night ... lol :)

drpaine10

marco

• Personal Text
    "Look! A circle!" - "Yeah...what's the problem?"
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2007, 05:39:21 AM »
Well,I think you found the right place to share this :wink:
Have I already told you that you're very lucky??? 8)
"Welcome to The Cove"

• Praying with Anger

• Email
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2007, 07:47:42 AM »
Man, I wish that had happened to me.  You are so lucky.  But that's great for you.

I see a whole world, Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt

Sri HK

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2007, 08:49:05 PM »
Cool.....thanks for sharing!

:)
What you see isn't always what u get.

Specter

• Administrator

• NarniaFans
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2007, 05:20:49 PM »
That is Totally awesome.  What I would give to just be able to spend one day with Night, talking about everything under the sun.  He's got quite the imagination, and it'd be really fun just spending time with him.