Unbreakable

Author Topic: Unbreakable  (Read 1578 times)

Mr. Mirage

• Praying with Anger

Unbreakable
« on: June 25, 2010, 03:55:19 AM »
I was just listening to JHN's score for this film this morning, and was once again swept away by just how brilliant it is.

There are those who compare JNH (damning with faint praise) to Bernard Herrmann and Ennio Morricone, often saying that his scores do not quite compare. I would disagree, and disagree rather strongly.

This score is so flawless that in listening to it, the images of the film return to mind, almost like watching the film again.

Granted this is my favorite MNS film, which I often have to tell people it is not merely A comic book movie, but possibly THE comic book movie. It is the yardstick by which all other comic book films are judged (by me, anyway).

The score is so rich and so deep that it stands on its own. I have the disc, and I play it as if it were a stand alone album, and it holds up well.

It stands nicely along with Herrmann's North By Northwest score (the other soundtrack that plays like a stand alone work).

The film is so quiet and understated, and the music carries so much power and authority that I would strongly recommend it to anyone that enjoys classical music.

Thank you for your attention.

Imalshen

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Personal Text
    Originality requires breaking rules-M.N. Shyamalan
    • Crazy Caera's Demented Dreams
Re: Unbreakable
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 01:51:17 PM »
I know how you feel. I find myself humming the soundtrack to this movie almost every day. Howard's music is very good for daily life, and for writing. I love listening to him while I write.
There Happen to be Signs in the Village that the Unbreakable Lady in the Water has the Sixth Sense.