List your favorite JNH/MNS Scores in order

Author Topic: List your favorite JNH/MNS Scores in order  (Read 14526 times)

Erin

• Signs

• The Future is Unwritten
Re: List your favorite JNH/MNS Scores in order
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2008, 07:10:37 AM »
1. The sixth sense
2. lady in the water
3. Signs
4. the village
5. the happening
6. unbreakable

Prince111

• The Village

• Email
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2008, 12:21:16 AM »
1. The Village-(The best film score EVER!)  The sound and sound editing is one of the best I'vew ever heard.  It's hypnotic.
2. Lady in The Water-(Soft and intangible, but great.)
3. Signs (Has a nice Hitchcock feel to it at the biginning of the film.)
4. The Happening-(JNH most creppiest score)
5. Unbreakable-(Daunting and nice layers to it.)
6. The Sixth Since-(This is my least favorite JNH score.)

Mr_Glass.1

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Email
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2008, 09:25:58 AM »
Now that the Happening soundtrack is out it's time to type up a new list.
1. The Village
2. Lady In The Water
3. Unbreakable
4. The Happening
5. The Sixth Sense
6. Signs
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

villager

• The Sixth Sense

• My youtube channel
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2008, 02:22:33 PM »
I have not seen the Happening yet. Also I have not really listened to the music of the Sixth Sense. Here is my list as of now.

The Village
Signs
Lady in the Water
Unbreakable
The Sixth Sence
Well do have him come forward.

Cresmix

• Praying with Anger

• Email
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2009, 12:15:07 PM »
The Village
The Signs
Lady in the Water
Unbreakable
The Happening
The Sixth Sense

Aristacrima

• Praying with Anger

• Email
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2010, 12:21:56 PM »
1 The Village
2 Lady in the Water
3 Signs
4 The Happening
5 The Sixth Sense

Can't wait till the soundtrack from the last airbender is released! something's telling me that I HAVE to buy that soundtrack...
why are you in my every thought from the moment I wake till I'm rocked to sleep by them?

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2010, 10:36:26 AM »
Yeah, I'll definately be buying that soundtrack, and there will be three of them.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

Mr. Heep

• Wide Awake

• Email
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2010, 10:57:47 PM »
Lady In the Water --- Just... I dunno. It used to be one of those "Yeah, I know the opening and that's about it" scores for me, then I listened to the whole thing through. By far in my Top 5 Scores list. Absolutely beautiful in every respect. Every respect.

The Village --- Beautiful violin work; a downright shame it didn't win for Best Score that year. Far better than "Finding Neverland" (though that was also pretty good). What's ironic is I don't even own the score or have it downloaded in any form. I'm thinking about getting the complete score promo soon.

Unbreakable --- Intriguing. Very intriguing. Just above "Signs". One of the best "hero" themes I've heard from a film of this genre.

Signs --- This would be above "Unbreakable" on my list if the other cues were a little more than they are. The opening and closing music is fantastic, but everything else just isn't that interesting to me on its own. Nevertheless, very captivating when it gets loud. ;D

The Sixth Sense --- Never really noticed the themes and cues until about a year ago. Nice, but not (IMO) worthy of buying the soundtrack for. Perfect for the film, not the ears alone, except when the soft themes are played.

The Happening --- Right now, this is on the bottom of my list since I never really payed much attention to the score when I watched the movie. I've only seen it once, and I usually listen carefully to the score of any film at first viewing (I'm a soundtrack collector), but with this I was just trying to see what made the movie "so bad" to others. It really wasn't that bad. It certainly wasn't my favorite Shyamalan film, but it kept me entertained, at least, and that's a movie's primary purpose. Next time I see it I'll be listening more closely.

They call me Mr. Glass/Tibbs

Imalshen

• Personal Text
    Originality requires breaking rules-M.N. Shyamalan
    • Crazy Caera's Demented Dreams
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2010, 06:47:18 AM »
Mine are about the same, save I think I would switch Signs and 6th Sense...I'll have to go back and relisten to those two. lol
There Happen to be Signs in the Village that the Unbreakable Lady in the Water has the Sixth Sense.

Wags

• The Happening

« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2010, 07:42:20 PM »
In order, with a little explanation:

1. Unbreakable: I can listen to this album the whole way through, something I don't really do with the other MNS/JNH scores.  I still can't listen to "The Orange Man" or "Reflections of Elijah" without getting chills.

2. The Village: Come on, who doesn't like this?

3. Lady in the Water: Very diverse and epic songs (Prologue, The Great Eatlon, and End Titles come to mind especially)

4. The Happening: Eerie stuff, like what you'd hear in an old school Horror movie.  "Be With You" is the song with the highest Play Count on my iPod.

5. The Last Airbender: The sItuff's pretty good, sounds pretty Lady in the Water-like in some songs. It's #5 due mostly to me not listening to it much yet. "Flow Like Water" is the best song on the album, and one of the best songs in the MNS-JNH catalog. 

6. Signs: No offense, but a lot of the songs sound the same.

7. The 6th Sense: "Running to the Church" is the only one I really listen to.

Mr. Heep

• Wide Awake

• Email
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2010, 10:59:10 PM »
Quote from: Wags
6. Signs: No offense, but a lot of the songs sound the same.
Come to think of it, you're right, they do all sound pretty much alike. But the beginning and ending songs are still the best on the album, imo.

Erik

• Personal Text
    d'oh!
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2010, 05:03:02 AM »
1. Unbreakable
2. Lady In The Water
3. The Village
4. Signs
5. The Happening
6. The Sixth Sense
We can breath in space,
they just don't want us to escape...

Imalshen

• Personal Text
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2010, 12:18:53 AM »
What about Howard's non Night Soundtracks? He does so many...Blood Diamond, Treasure Planet, Atlantis...he did the live action Peter Pan didn't he? The guy's amazing. If I ever write a book and they make it into a movie he HAS to do the music, and of course, Night has to direct! lol I doubt anything I write would ever be made into a movie though. :P
There Happen to be Signs in the Village that the Unbreakable Lady in the Water has the Sixth Sense.

Mr. Heep

• Wide Awake

• Email
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2010, 12:36:23 AM »
What about Howard's non Night Soundtracks? He does so many...Blood Diamond, Treasure Planet, Atlantis...he did the live action Peter Pan didn't he? The guy's amazing. If I ever write a book and they make it into a movie he HAS to do the music, and of course, Night has to direct! lol I doubt anything I write would ever be made into a movie though. :P
He's my fav. composer. Among my favorite scores of his (non-Night) are "King Kong", "Peter Pan" (you mentioned), and "The Postman". He even composed the themes for movies when other composers scored the rest of the film, like the theme for "Dante's Peak" and "Liar Liar". Really loved his work on the Nolan Batman films alongside Zimmer, though. He's really one of the greats.

Imalshen

• Personal Text
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2010, 05:04:23 PM »
I can't even list all the movies I've seen where he's done the music. He's a god! lol So is Night, of course, though my friends get mad at me when I say people are gods. :P