Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 178

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 183

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 184

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 220

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 223

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 235

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 250

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 268
The Happening-Success or Bust

Author Topic: The Happening-Success or Bust  (Read 16904 times)

Lifeordeath1

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Email
Re: The Happening-Success of Bust
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2008, 10:26:58 PM »
Not really, I was just interested in the website.  This 'money' thing isnt teatering me either way.  I didnt think the harsh words about the money issue were directed towards me or anyone else.  Its all good!  THE HAPPENING!!!!   ;D
"My biggest fear in life is to be average."
      M. Night Shyamalan

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2008, 09:16:01 AM »
Na, I'm not confused.  I think what people are saying is that they want The Happening to do well, not because it will affect their opinion of Shyamalan but because they want Shyamalan to do well.  Also, if Shyamalan takes enough bad box office hits he might decided to stop doing original scripts.  Go The Happening.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

• http://www.teddyblass.com
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2008, 12:38:57 PM »
Well said Mr Glass.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2008, 05:52:41 PM »
Thanks.  ;D

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2008, 06:56:10 PM »
Also, if Shyamalan takes enough bad box office hits he might decided to stop doing original scripts.  Go The Happening.

Yeah, it might not even be up to him. People could stop buying his scripts, or take away his final cut privileges.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2008, 09:11:17 PM »
Hey guys,

My message was not against anyone here. If you see, there are directors that they suck big time and directors they are awesome and famous and their movies sometimes suck too. For example lets look at WOLGANG PETERSON his TROY didn't worked as it was expected (Troy Is One Of My Favorites) then Wolf directed "Poseidon" that sucked big time.

Look at al these other directors they all survive,but M.Night won't survive? I mean come on guys what's going on? M.Night writes original ideas. He doesn't only write them,  but directs it too. I give the guy 10/10. At IMDB.com forum of M.Night there are people talking SH*T, while they don't even know the art of film making or writing.

Rohan

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2008, 10:59:26 PM »
I think you make a good point. There are plenty of directors that have movies that flop. However, they typically don't write the movies that flop. There is a difference, and it isn't a minor one.

We aren't saying Night won't get to make movies anymore, or anything remotely like that. I think most of us are just pointing out the very real possibility that studios will have major hesitations about buying his scripts if he has a couple more failures. To me, to deny that is to deny the truth.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2008, 11:37:07 PM »
I don't understand the thing with these studios. They are keep coming with the remakes or sequels or prequels. Writers are on strike cause they deserve what they must earn from their work. And studios still have the attitude of actually say NO to a awesome talented director/writer after a failure? I know they didn't do anything to M.night, but the word is already out as it's a possibility.

I am glad the writer's are on strike.

-Rohan

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2008, 11:50:39 PM »
I am glad the writer's are on strike.

Technically that means Shyamalan is on strike too.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2008, 09:57:59 AM »
Yea, but is Shyamalan really on strike, I don't think so.  Who knows why production companies choos what movies to make, including lots of reruns and sequels.  I think Shyamalan is the best director out there, but I am afraid with a few more flop, by production companies standards and he will be relegated to directing movies where he didn't write the script. 

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2008, 09:58:49 AM »
I know you're message wasn't against anyone on this site.  ;D

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2008, 01:16:05 PM »
I'm pretty sure he's being careful. If the WGA finds out he's writting (which I doubt he is), he could be in trouble.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2008, 05:00:30 PM »
I don't think that Night is on strike as he is not only writer, but an director as well. But I have a feeling that he has support to the writers strike. Writers deserves more. They are the ones creating jobs for all directors/actors just all the crew.

Rohan

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2008, 05:22:48 PM »
It doesn't matter if you are a director as well as a writer, if you are a part of the WGA you can't write. Doesn't mean you can't direct, just that you can't write.

There are only a few people who have formed contracts that would allow otherwise, and I'm pretty sure Night isn't one of them.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2008, 09:48:54 AM »
Yea, I guess you're right Dr Malcom Crowe, I hope the writers win out on this one so they don't have to write so many crappy scripts and get paid better.  Shyamalan's good, he's already doing The Happening, and then the Avatar trilogy.