Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 178

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 183

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 184

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 220

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 223

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 235

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 250

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 268
The Happening-Success or Bust

Author Topic: The Happening-Success or Bust  (Read 17624 times)

Mr_Glass.1

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Email
Re: The Happening-Success of Bust
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2008, 09:49:46 AM »
Wait a minute, do they already have the script written for the Avatar trilogy, or is that jammed up because of the strike.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

Dr.Hill42

• LITW

• http://www.nate24.blogspot.com
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2008, 11:46:56 AM »
Shouldn't be. Night wrote it.

They say this one has a surprise ending.
~Dr.Hill42

the_sorcerer

• The Village

• Email
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2008, 12:29:05 PM »
alright i know i'm new here, but i just wanted to chime in.....basically you guys have a point that yeah directors do flops, i don't think i've ever heard of a director never making one bad movie. but after the sixth sense, unbreakable, and signs, 3 amazing movies back to back, and all of his movies being marketed around his name, if he does make movies that the general public doesn't like as much (both the village and lady in the water i loved to death!), then you can lose your credibility with average movie goers faster than anything.  so yeah i'm a little worried that the happening might not do as well because people might just not be in to night anymore. i really hope it does blow up because i would flip out if he wasn't able to sell a script again.

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

• http://www.teddyblass.com
« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2008, 12:46:23 PM »
Wait a minute, do they already have the script written for the Avatar trilogy, or is that jammed up because of the strike.

There is no telling whether or not the final script was written. I know that Night had completed a detailed outline for the movie, but I doubt he's got a shooting draft of the script done.

So I am willing to bet that the script is being halted due to the strike. That's probably why they are casting and scouting locations.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 12:48:53 PM by Dr Malcom Crowe »

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2008, 03:27:23 PM »
That would make sense about the lcoation scouting and casting.  I guess that could put the planned release date farther back though.

marco

• Personal Text
    "Look! A circle!" - "Yeah...what's the problem?"
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2008, 09:52:06 AM »
The Happening is a movie made entirely by M.Night,don't forget it (except some producers,of course).He's always done what he wanted to do,so far.I think this movie will be just like the others for some reasons: it will make you feel that sense of magic and mystery applied to the real life that is typical of ALL his movies.At least,this is what I hope ;)
And,as someone already said,the greatest power he's got is the originality,a little thing Hollywood is losing.
"Welcome to The Cove"

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
Re: The Happening-Success or Bust
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2008, 02:21:49 PM »
Yea, that's true about the originality and Hollywood, which is too bad.  I think the Avatar trilogy will have a distinct Shyamalan feel.

Lifeordeath1

• Email
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2008, 10:43:39 AM »
Agreed!   ;D ;D
"My biggest fear in life is to be average."
      M. Night Shyamalan

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2008, 04:28:43 PM »
I mean, I'm also certainly hoping it will have that unique feel.  The Avatar trilogy takes place on this earth right.

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

• http://www.teddyblass.com
« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2008, 05:39:21 PM »
Basically. It's kinda like how LOTR works.

Lifeordeath1

• Email
« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2008, 12:34:37 AM »
Sounds sweet to me!   ;D
"My biggest fear in life is to be average."
      M. Night Shyamalan

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2008, 09:53:36 AM »
Oh, yea, that could be great.  You could film in regular places, but then have it slightly different than this earth to give it a slightly more magical, I hate using that word in this situation, but different feel.

MrStone

• LITW

« Reply #57 on: February 11, 2008, 12:37:29 AM »
I have mixed feelings about whether The Happening will be successful or not.  I read an early version of the script and thought the first 60 pages are good.  the last 40 were very linear.  I am hoping that later rewrites improved Act 3 to be less linear and more exciting.

then i saw the trailer and think it's very good marketing..

so, i'm torn, but i'm still very excited.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #58 on: February 11, 2008, 09:48:12 AM »
I haven't seen the trailer, so I can't comment about that.  Also, I have only read reviews of the script, so again I can't comment on that.  My gut feeling though tells me that it will be a succes.

Rulm

• Twitter
« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2008, 03:24:54 PM »
I think it could go either way. For it to be a success, it will need critical acclaim and word of mouth like Signs and The Sixth Sense...NOT like like Lady in the Water. :-\