How about most chilling scene?

Author Topic: How about most chilling scene?  (Read 5365 times)

swingaway

• Wide Awake

How about most chilling scene?
« on: October 23, 2007, 08:01:56 AM »
We've done favorite scene, how about most chilling.  Ya know, the scene that plays over and over when you are walking into a dark room or a basement.

Signs - (I have a few) In the basement when the alien reaches out of the coal shoot to grab Morgan
           The alien outside the window on the roof, the alien hand reaching under the front door

The Village - When the creature makes it's self seen to the boy in the watch tower and also the music that is played in the woods, with the trees blowing - building up the fear

Sixth Sense - When Cole is going to the bathroom and the ghost walks by the bathroom and he does not know it

Lady in the Water - When Cleveland is trying to look at the creature in the mirror

Unbroken

• Futuristic (After Earth)

Re: How about most chilling scene?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 01:36:18 PM »
The Sixth Sense - Cole telling Malcolm about the ghosts in the school. ?You know the prickly things on the back of your neck? ?And the hairs on your arm, when they stand up? That?s them. When they get mad? it gets cold.? I broke out in goose-bumps when that chilling piano music started playing.

Signs - The alien on the roof, the sound of it running and then- *bump* -Graham and Merrill turn around to see the swing jostling and the corn stalks moving.

The Village - When Ivy is in ?the shed not to be used? and moves the monster suit. The creaking sound the hinge makes as it sways back and forth, looking so DEAD is perhaps one of the eeriest thing I've ever experienced.

Lady in the Water ? There were some suspenseful parts but I don?t remember ever being really creeped. The scrunt dragging Story into the woods was probably the best done fright scene though, for me at least.

Unbreakable - (I don't know if you've seen this movie, since you didn't say anything about a chilling part in it, but anyway if you haven't seen it yet then you might just want to skip this because it's a surprise you don't want spoiled) The horrifying realization at the end that Elijah was a cold-blooded, twisted murderer all along. The way he spins his wheel-chair about to face David is incredibly chilling. Suddenly you don't see a sad old man anymore, you see a depraved lunatic.

That was fun.

--- I see dead people. ---

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2007, 08:26:05 AM »
The Sixth Sense-when the first ghost walks by Cole in the bathroom was pretty startling, and then the scene with the hanging ghosts in the school definately gave me goosebumps
Unbreakable-I don't think there were any really creepy parts, although the shot where David Dunn finds the father in the house near the end of the movie was kind of creepy
Signs-I'd have to say when you first see the alien, excellently put together, with the flashlight going out and all, great scene
The Village-When Noah Percy is in the suit towards the end of the film and is following Ivy Walker, creepy, and she's all like, I thought they weren't real and its about 20 feet away and she hids behind the tree and then all of a sudden the camera swings back around and the creature is right there- startling, and the buildup and then the chase
Lady In The Water-NOt really any creepy parts, though when he is looking through the mirror for the Scrunt's eyes is definately tension building, more then creepy, Lady In The Water relies upon a constantly building tension
All of his movies are so good.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

afi_village

• LITW

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2007, 08:57:17 AM »
chilling to me is completely different to something shocking or scary.  some people have said they couldn't really think of anything in unbreakable, but for me the film has so many more 'chilling' scenes then any other.  the whole part of the family in the waiting room of the hospital, finding out he is the only survivor.  then on top of it all seeing them walking out of the hospital with all the people who lost a loved one looking at them, and the media pouncing on them at the door, now THAT gives me chills.
OH MY GOD...i was at a placebo concert last night and i was second row standing right in front of brian...then i got steve's drumstick!  HELL YEAH!!!

leftfield

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2007, 11:51:14 AM »
I think the scene in Unbreakable where the dead mom is chained up and clearly had been tortured ranks right up there. :o

marco

• Personal Text
    "Look! A circle!" - "Yeah...what's the problem?"
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2007, 02:09:32 PM »
Most chilling?The Brazilian video - Signs  :o
"Welcome to The Cove"

Rulm

• Twitter
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2007, 10:12:46 PM »
The Sixth Sense- The scene where Cole runs away from the woman in the kitchen
and runs into his little tent. His reaction was truly frightening...I walked out of the room after that scene, the first time I watched it.

Unbreakable-While not scary, the scene where the murderer shows up behind the curtain and shoves David off the balcony and into the pool freaked me out a bit.

Signs-The birthday video...One of the creepiest, realistic, shocking scenes I have ever seen.

The Village-Not much scared me or creeped me out, but the scene where everyone in the village evacuated to their basements while Ivy stood at the doorway waiting for Lucious was pretty intense.

Lady in the Water-As scary as unbreakable...Which means it wasn't. Though, if I were to choose, I would have to say the scene where Ivy runs under the stair way and the scrunt's head runs through the door. It mad me jump, at least.

OVERALL-The Sixth Sense scene. I have never walked out of a movie before, but that was waay too realistic...I didn't enter my kitchen at night by myself, for about a week.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 10:27:34 PM by Rulm »

steinmansbrain

• The Village

• Email
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2008, 07:39:23 AM »
It's the 'locked in the dungeon' scene for me. Truly disturbing. Not just 'cos Cole gets put in there, but because of the build up.

"I swear on my life I didn't take the master's horse" - that line messed me up. The guy's delievery of it is crazy. Did that guy get put in there 'til he died? Was stealing/borrowing a horse that big an offence? How was Cole supposed to help THAT ghost!?

I suppose it's not chilling in 'afi_village's' sense but certainly creepy.

Opening scene of Unbreakable is probably my most chilling that way. "Did you drop this baby?"  :o

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2008, 09:42:52 AM »
I know back, towards the beginning of our country there were some pretty strict punishments for stealing.  Also, he could have been put in there and forgotten by accident.  Some ghosts Cole couldn't help, besides comforting them and telling them the truth.  I agree, the opening scene to Unbrakable was very chilling, it was like, wow, what is going on here, what's wrong with the baby.

marco

• Personal Text
    "Look! A circle!" - "Yeah...what's the problem?"
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2008, 12:38:44 PM »
The scene of the baby reported by steinmansbrain reminded me of Elijah falling down the stairs when he's chasing the man with the gun...Well,the sound of the bones crashing was very chilling too :o
"Welcome to The Cove"

Unbroken

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2008, 04:11:25 PM »
It's the shattering of the glass cane before he hits the concrete that makes my mind reel and my spine tingle. It's a perfect harbinger of what is going to happen to him, and makes me cringe before he even strikes the stairway.

Then when he hits it, I can almost feel the pain in my own legs. I've seen far worse in other movies, but Night presents that one scene so well it actually effects you. You feel like you are really there, watching the frailest of all human beings plunging to excruciating agony.

I'd have to say it's more chilling than the scene I mentioned beforehand.

- It's alright to be afraid, David. Because this part won't be anything like a comic book. Real life doesn't fit into little boxes that were drawn for it. -

MrStone

• LITW

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2008, 10:10:39 PM »
ok, ok..so i have an unfair advantage.

his most chilling scene is not in any of the previous movies :)

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2008, 09:47:02 AM »
hahaha, don't let the cat out of the bag MrStone.  I get you.  The scene where Elijah falls down the stairs is so painful.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2008, 02:58:11 PM »
Signs : The alien walks out from the backyard in the brazil.

The Village: When the creatures comes to grab Ivy and Luscious takes her hand and runs in the basement. Awesome scene.

Lady in the water : Ending, when the scrunts gets killed by monkey shaped creatures, don't know how to spell their name. When Eagles comes.

The Sixth Sense : when the boy comes from the bedroom, his head has a hole in the back. A Gun Shot.

Unbreakable: when David Dunns get pulled out by brother/sister from the pool.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2008, 07:28:11 PM »
I thought they were two sisters in Unbreakable, o well, can't quite remember. :-\