How about most chilling scene?

Author Topic: How about most chilling scene?  (Read 5364 times)

Erik

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Personal Text
    d'oh!
Re: How about most chilling scene?
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2008, 04:42:14 AM »
There where two sisters.

Alright, my opinion:
The Sixth Sense: When Malcome turns up the volume on his interview tape with Vincent and hears the 'dead'.
Unbreakable: When David fals on the pool and strugles in the water
Signs: Deffinately the Brazilian backyard scene
The Village: When one of 'those we don't speak of' bumps onto the watchtower.
Lady In The Water: When Ivy was found by Cleveland and one of the Scrunts attacks. Cleveland runs to his house, while Ivy points out to the pool, because she knows she is safe in the water!
We can breath in space,
they just don't want us to escape...

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2008, 03:42:15 PM »
Allright, so I was right.  Though I wasn't really sure.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

Lieutenantnike

• The Sixth Sense

• Email
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2008, 11:55:16 PM »
THE SIXTH SENSE : Every seen taking place when Cole is awake very late at night. The boy with his head blown open, his mom with scars all up her arms, the figure stalking him when he's in the bathroom and the thermostat drops. Luv it. :)

UNBREAKABLE : The surprise ending of course! Although not my favorite, Unbreakable holds my FAVORITE surprise ending in a movie EEEVVVEEERRR!! I -never- saw it coming.

SIGNS : The alien walking by outside at the Brazillian birthday party. #1 SCARIEST NIGHT SCENE OF ALL! It's so surreal and makes you feel claustrophobic and just 100% straight-up genuinely HORRIFIED! It was that single scene that got me interested in directing film.

THE VILLAGE : When Ivy is hiding behind a tree in the woods and we, as the audience, get our first full glimpse of one of Those We Do Not Speak Of. Even though we know it's Noah, it's still utterly disturbing and I get frightened every time I watch it.

LADY IN THE WATER : To be honest, I don't think I had one... I love this movie--probably my 2nd favorite, below Signs--but for different reasons. I love how funny, uplifting and light-hearted it is compared to his previous films. I wasn't ever scared watching it, which I suppose I was kind of happy for.

THE HAPPENING : Well, #@!*... Everything in this movie sticks out. Undoubtably his most disturbing film to date. The 20-or-so people hanging from the trees when the group in the Jeep drives through the town REALLY shocked me. I didn't see it coming at all. Also, the lion-tamer caught on video was pretty god-awful.

Namaste

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2008, 12:22:28 AM »
6th sense- "that's them" I get goosebumps even thinking about it.   :-[
unbreakable- opening scene when elijah is born
signs- the deleted scene "third story" where they're trying to keep the alien in the attic
Vilage- the back and forth between the boys at the stump and August Nicholson's house
LITW- the scrunt in the mirror
Happening- The only suicide scenes that were chilling were at the construction site. the rest were just too fake to be anything but laughable (well the jeep crash was ok) Also Mrs Jones was pretty creepy especially from bedtime till she went out to the garden.
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

FoxxyMama

• Wide Awake

• Email
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2008, 12:59:13 AM »
The Sixth Sense: Its been so long since ive seen it but one scene that really stuck out was when the boy turned around and he had the gunshot wound to the back of his head.

Unbreakable: When David gets pushed into the pool

Signs: The opening credits, not knowing much about Shyamalan films the first time i watched it i didnt expect it to have such a menacing score. When Graham was walking through the cornfields and his flashlight went out.

The Village: When Lucius grabs Ivy's hand and runs into the basement when "Those we dont speak of" raided the town. Favorite scene from that movie.

Lady In the Water: its Story not Ivy for those who made the error. Oh well. Anywho, it wasnt scary all to much but the scene when Story and company are all by the pool about to say goodbye Story peaks over Cleveland's shoulder to see the scrunt.

The Happening: When Mark Wahlberg's character walked through the house at the end looking for his wife and the little girl and the awesome music started playing.

-Foxxy
"Whats furry furry rabbit?"
"Its a game isn't it?"

Prince111

• The Village

• Email
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2008, 12:57:01 PM »
1.  The whole basement scene in Signs.

2.  The scene with the girl vomiting under the tent in The Sixth Sense.