Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 178

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 183

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 184

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 220

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 223

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 235

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 250

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 268
The Happening-Tightly Guarded

Author Topic: The Happening-Tightly Guarded  (Read 2073 times)

Mr_Glass.1

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Email
The Happening-Tightly Guarded
« on: November 06, 2007, 10:04:46 AM »
I was going through some other M. Night Shyamalan sites and noticed one thing in particular.  Has anyone noticed how tightly The Happening is being guarded by Shyamalan.  Sure we have a few pictures, a release date, some information on some of the actors, and the composer.  But nothing else, no film poster, no pictures during filming, and definately no preview, not even a teaser trailer.  The Dark Knight had a teaser trailer out before they even started filming.  Most films companies put out a trailer during or right after filming is completed.  But nothing from Shyamalan, not even a trailer that just has a few words and then the release date.  Not that I mind it, it is certainly building up my anticipation for what I think will be a great movie.  8 months until it comes out, it looks to be great.  Just wondering what everybody else thought. 
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

• http://www.teddyblass.com
Re: The Happening-Tightly Guarded
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 02:21:35 PM »
What you say is mostly dead on, but what's new? This pretty much typical Shyamalan behavior. The script is readily available on the internet, which is unlike most of his previous films.

p.s. - The Dark Knight was already weeks, if not more, into filming when the teaser was released.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007, 04:54:24 PM »
You're right about the Dark Knight, my bad.  How is the script out, that's annoying, o well, I won't read it.  That could really mess things up for Shyamalan if it has a twist at the end and that gets out.  What happens, will happen.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

Unbroken

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2007, 06:41:55 PM »
Something I noticed... the original Happening script was leaked almost immediately, and everyone who reads it says there's no twist.

Perhaps Night actually let that out on purpose to fool people. He has to know the first script is leaked, and if so why is he guarding this one so well? I think he wants the audience to come expecting just an intense thriller (possibly horror) with no expectations of a twist (and thus no disappointments, like in his last two). Then he will REALLY surprise them.

Just a thought. I'm not going to expect a twist though. I'll enjoy it more if I see it as Night intends, with no preconceived expectations.

--- There's a dog inside the building. Go. Shoo! ...Why you're not a dog at all... My God. This is like a moment from a horror movie. It is precisely the moment where the mutation or beast will attempt to kill an unlikable side character. BUT, in stories where there has been no prior cursing, nudity, killing, or death, such as in a family film, the unlikable character will narrowly escape his encounter and be referenced again later in the story, having learned valuable lessons. He may even be given a humorous moment to allow the audience to feel good about him. This is where I turn to run. You will leap for me. I will shut the door. And you will land a fraction of a second too late. ---

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

• http://www.teddyblass.com
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2007, 07:13:12 PM »
I don't think he purposely leaked the script, and I doubt he added a twist... but I guess I wouldn't put it past him :D

The script that was leaked is what he pitched the studios, so unless he discussed it differently in the meetings, it doesn't make sense to add the twist... unless Fox requested it. ???