What will/should THE HAPPENING sound like?

Author Topic: What will/should THE HAPPENING sound like?  (Read 11304 times)

Reflection

• Unbreakable

Re: What will/should THE HAPPENING sound like?
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2008, 02:16:05 AM »
Maybe that's how people hear it before?  :-*

So there are people in the world how go out and buy a cd of a movie before it comes to the theater, just to say it sucks. Aren't people just lovely?

DILinator

• The Happening

« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2008, 09:07:14 AM »
Maybe that's how people hear it before?  :-*

So there are people in the world how go out and buy a cd of a movie before it comes to the theater, just to say it sucks. Aren't people just lovely?

I sure hope this comment wasn't directed at me, because if it is, you're WAY off base!

First off, I didn't say the score "sucked", and I actually said I liked it and recommended getting it. Was it a little bit of a let-down?  Sure.  Do I think it's one of the weaker scores from this collaboration?  Yes.  But I never said it sucked, and I have been listening to it a ton over the past week.  It sounds like it will fit the movie great, and in the end, that's what a movie score is supposed to do.  It's just not the strongest listen on CD is all I was saying.

To quote you: aren't people just lovely?  ::)
"See what you have to ask yourself is what kind of person are you? Are you the kind that sees signs, sees miracles? Or do you believe that people just get lucky?"

I'm a "Signs" person.

Reflection

• Unbreakable

« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2008, 04:47:28 AM »
I haven't a clue who you are??

I've seen some comments on the soundtrack being bad and wondered about it.

So thanks for the random attack. ???

DILinator

• The Happening

« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2008, 04:29:48 PM »
I haven't a clue who you are??

I've seen some comments on the soundtrack being bad and wondered about it.

So thanks for the random attack. ???

I apologize if you weren't directing it at me....  Just based off what I'd written your comments appeared that way.  Again, I apologize for the "random attack", but realize that in context of this whole thread it didn't seem random. 
"See what you have to ask yourself is what kind of person are you? Are you the kind that sees signs, sees miracles? Or do you believe that people just get lucky?"

I'm a "Signs" person.

Reflection

• Unbreakable

« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2008, 07:12:13 PM »
I read somewhere in The Happening movie thread that someone already had a bad review of the music..

I just posted that in the music thread to ask how it was possible, I didn't know they release the soundtrack first. I guess I didn't read far enough back in the thread, I just picked the closest suject and read a couple posts and asked.

==

It's ok, things like that can happen, that's one of the downfalls of online.

==

So I assume you listened to the new track already, when you listen to the music first and form an opinion and then hear the music with the movie, does it usually change your thoughts on the music with the "feeling" of the movie "pushing" it? Or does it usually stay the same? (your opinion of the music)

DILinator

• The Happening

« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2008, 10:54:52 PM »
I think hearing music in the context of a movie can change opinions.  However, I've already stated that I have no doubt this score will work great in the context of the movie.  I just don't think the listening experience on CD is as good as The Village or Lady in the Water.  The fact that LITW is my least favorite Shyamalan film didn't take away from the fact that it's music is probably my favorite, at least as heard on album. 

I'm a "Signs" person.

Mr_Glass.1

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Email
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2008, 10:04:52 AM »
That's true, if you watch a movie, then the music might be hooked to really emotional parts and you'll like it even better.  One reason why I like The Prestige soundtrack.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village