Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 178

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 183

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 184

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 220

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 223

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 235

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 250

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 268
Teaser coming soon?

Author Topic: Teaser coming soon?  (Read 36667 times)

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• http://www.teddyblass.com
Teaser coming soon?
« on: November 08, 2007, 05:56:44 PM »
About this time 2 years ago we were presented with the teaser trailer for Lady in the Water (it played in front of Harry Potter on 11/18)

Is there a chance we could be less than a month a way from a teaser for The Happening?

It may or may not be attached to one of the following...
Beowulf - 11/16
Hitman - 11/21
The Mist - 11/23

Hitman is a 20th Century Fox release as is The Happening.
hmmm... ;)

Unbroken

Re: Teaser coming soon?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 06:01:50 PM »
They finished filming a month ago. But we have another six months until the movie's release. We should get a teaser soon. Hopefully.

--- I see dead people ---

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 06:28:56 PM »
Hopefully, though this just helps to build the tension.  If he does release a teaser, I hope it is well done, and not something just thrown out there to keep the fans happy, just to say, hey here's something you all can drool over, even though it's not very good.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2007, 08:06:20 PM »
I think the marketing will be very well thought out this time around. From what I understand, that is one of the reasons Night decided to make this movie at Fox.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2007, 10:37:21 AM »
That's always comforting, I know Shyamalan knows what he is doing, but sometimes the studio doesn't.  Though if Shyamalan chose them then it should all be good.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2007, 04:53:56 PM »
They just finished shooting. It takes time to bring all the scenes together, sound effects and other essential things to turn it into a motion picture. They all take time. Plus, M.Night is strict about his films. I mean look at the hype several months ago about the script released online. That was indeed a short script that was released intentionally by M.Night himself. He just gave us a idea and also to critics that "My next movie is going to be something like this". Night being so secretive and strick will release a script of his next movie just like that. I mean a script is like a writer's child. I am sure there are lots of changes and who knows its a whole different thing. It's a promotion strategy.

Now after I and you all know what's The Happening about, we are all eagerly waiting for the teaser to hit the screens and online. That's promotion. Well, promotion strategy. Let's call it. PS for short.

I would say we won't see any teaser this month or next month. But, I can say this for the fact we might see some shots from the movie and definately a TEASER POSTER. I love M.Night's teaser posters. They are all creative.

Teaser trailer will be released during January. That's a (PS). And on March end we will see a official trailor giving us goose bumps again. Then we all won't be able to go to sleep till JUNE.

M.Night is smart and so as FOX people.

Anyone agree with me? :-)

Rohan

marco

• Personal Text
    "Look! A circle!" - "Yeah...what's the problem?"
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2007, 06:54:44 AM »
Give me a teaser!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-X
"Welcome to The Cove"

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2007, 03:32:29 PM »
Give you a teaser? What kind? Poster - Trailor?

I am sure we will have a teaser poster soon.

Rohan

Rulm

• Twitter
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2007, 06:18:55 PM »
One thing's for sure...It MUST NOT be misleading! The Village and Lady in the Water were, in my opinion, misleading...I can't handle another one! If The Happening is supposed to be scary, then give me a scary teaser! If not, don't do it...I'm crossing my finger's and praying that this film delivers.

marco

• Personal Text
    "Look! A circle!" - "Yeah...what's the problem?"
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2007, 11:03:09 AM »
I mean a trailer!!!Even in English or Dutch or Swedish or French or whatever you want... ;D ::)
Come on,20th Century Fox!! :-X
"Welcome to The Cove"

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2007, 07:23:22 PM »
I can no longer wait either!!!!! ahhhhh!!!!!!

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2007, 09:19:54 PM »
One thing's for sure...It MUST NOT be misleading! The Village and Lady in the Water were, in my opinion, misleading...I can't handle another one! If The Happening is supposed to be scary, then give me a scary teaser! If not, don't do it...I'm crossing my finger's and praying that this film delivers.

I don't want to take on you as personal issue here because everybody has the right to express their opinion. And I am stating out my opinion here and I disagree with you on THE VILLAGE and LADY IN THE WATER were misleading. They were perfectly made. Who cares if someone thought that THE VILLAGE AND LADY IN THE WATER were supposed to be scary and should have made everyone pee in their pants.

M.Night can't just keep making scary movies like he made THE SIXTH SENSE, why we want him to make another SIXTH SENSE. He is smart and has ideas. What we see today from Hollywood today? Let me tell you, REMAKES and stupid movies like BEOWULF, animated 3D. The only reason people went to watch BEOWULF cause they want to see ANIMATED ANGELINA JOLIE having graphic sex.

No offense to Angelina or the actors, but that's what we get today from Hollywood. Stupid movies. A writer/director like M.Night brought us originals always. The happening is original. PLease don't think that THE HAPPENING is a horror movie. Let me tell you it is a movie based on a natural crisis, now you really want to get spooked from natural crisis like you got spooked in The Sixth Sense? I am sure you answer is NO.

The happening is another original movie from M.Night shyamalan and I am sure some scene may disturb us, but for god sake it is not an HORROR movie.

I hope you don't take this personal, just wanted to let that out from my chest.

Peace out.

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2007, 12:45:03 AM »
I would agree with rulm and say that The Village and the Lady in the Water trailers were misleading, not to mention that they weren't all that great IMHO. I think the marketing shouldn't be overlooked for this film, it is extremely important. The only way for this film to be a success with its proper audience, is for it to reach its proper audience. I wouldn't write off marking as unimportant. Sure it won't effect whether or not I, or the rest of us, like the movie. However, it does effect Shyamalan's career. This film needs to be a success, and Night needs to shed his image of being misleading... (even if it is undeserved... which it is)

With that being said....

There are many things to be said about the current state of Hollywood today, but one thing I will not say is that Beowulf is a stupid movie.  I don't wish to criticize a director (and an extremely talented one at that) who is trying to establish a new excitement in the movie going experience. Beowulf is more than a computer generated movie, nor is it animated btw. Robert Zemeckis has devoted many years into developing the Performance Capture field of film, as well as 3D/IMAX presentation of said technology. As we will see with James Cameron's Avatar in 2009, 3D cinema could be a powerful tool helpful in revitalzing the theater industry.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 12:50:43 AM by Dr Malcom Crowe »

Unbroken

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2007, 11:59:19 AM »
Hey Rohan, I think you might have misunderstood Rulm...

He/She (sorry Rulm) wasn't blaming Night or the value of his films, Rulm was refering to the advertisement of Night's latest movies. If you go to the "Official The Village Site" (http://video.movies.go.com/thevillage/splash.html) it makes you think it's about a village that gets attacked by monsters who maul people and splash their blood on the doors. Then a chick runs into the haunted woods after her boyfriend or something like that to escape or get help or something. Whatever.

The point is that it drew the wrong audience, who were in turn dissapointed. A similar thing happened with Lady in the Water, one of the trailers made it look like Story might even be a threat! I mean come on! How stupid can the advertisement blokes be?!?

We are just hoping this one gets promoted properly, whether it's a horror or not.

Hope that helps...

--- I see dead people ---

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2007, 03:42:23 PM »
First off I have to say that Shyamalan's The Village and Lady In The Water were both poorly marketed.  That said, I tend to agree with Rohan.  One thing that annoys me about Hollywood is their failure to stick to the source material.  With Beowulf they completely twisted and altered the story, a great one by the way, and turned it into a sexually alluring, gore filled movie test.  Check the part about the gore, because the book was very gory.  In Hollywood there is a lack of original story, which Shyamalan does have.  They rely on action, sex, and political stories.  Action is fun, but those types of movies never stick with you, they're there and gone.  Sex does two things, it brings in people and turns away people, for the most part I still don't know why Holleywood puts it in there.  Political stories, they, for the most part, bring in the Academy Awards, even though they are not the best, it is an avenue were you can build political allies, but almost never do well on the big market.  That said, there is originality creeping back into Hollywood and Shyamalan is one of those people, hopefully he won't be squashed.