auditions

Author Topic: auditions  (Read 41745 times)

robyn

• Praying with Anger

Re: auditions
« Reply #240 on: June 12, 2008, 03:19:00 PM »
Hello, so i'm sorta new, sorta been following this forum and other about the avatar film for a while now.
about auditions... i dunno guys, i found this in an article, its was from an interview at shyamalan's avatar preview:

During the presentation for The Last Airbender, Academy Award(R)-nominated writer/director Shyamalan commented, "Casting has begun and we've seen thousands of kids. I believe we've found the next superstars." -

so does that mean that casting for main roles is over? he's talking in the past tense.
I guess you'd have to contact someone at nickelodeon to find out more...

Here's the link:
http://www.examiner.com/p-179918~Nickelodeon_Movies_and_Paramount_Pictures_Preview_the_2010_Theatrical_Release_of_The_Last_Airbender_at_Licensing_International_Expo_2008.html

Alana1991

« Reply #241 on: June 12, 2008, 09:07:41 PM »
Oh, I feel dissapointed now. :(

I hope there's still a chance for this, I'll keep praying for that, but if not, I still wish you all best of luck in your acting carreers...this just wasn't the time I guess.  :-\

Maybe,if they are done casting this movie (sigh), it may be possible they are going to be casting for the next movie sometime soon, just remember that guys. :)

Thanks a lot Robyn for the news, I really do appreciate it.:)

I may have found one of Avatar's voice over actors web site...do you think they would know anything of the movie?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 09:14:20 PM by Alana1991 »

skander

• The Sixth Sense

« Reply #242 on: June 17, 2008, 04:02:08 PM »
Does everyone here realize that Kevin Huvane is an agent for CAA and not a casting director? That's not to say that agents can't become CD's, but I don't think Kevin has any casting credentials under his belt. Just a thought.

Edit: Oh, wait, I found this posted on IMDB on February 1 2008, which states that casting has not commenced (around that time).

I did some research myself and managed to contact Kevin Huvane from Creative Artists Agency (CAA) and beleive me when i say it was DIFFICULT!

He did confirm to me that castings HAVE NOT commenced (i'm pretty sure he's telling me the truth), except for some actors which have already been attached. Unfortunately, the main character, AANG, has already been assigned to attached Australian actor, Jonathan Nguyen, so i guess the rumors are true.

I'll try to phone again to ask about the casting information.

Alana1991

« Reply #243 on: June 17, 2008, 05:07:12 PM »
ok, cool, good luck.

Should I try Huvane also? I haven't contacted CAA yet.

skander

• The Sixth Sense

« Reply #244 on: June 18, 2008, 02:15:08 AM »
You can try calling Huvane or CAA, but do not send anything to creativeartistsageny@hotmail.com without knowing for certain that it's authentic. It seems sketchy.

I am KATARA

• Wide Awake

« Reply #245 on: July 20, 2008, 07:45:42 AM »
I hope they will have auditions in Texas because I am ready to put my whole life into this here movie.

iamkatara

• Futuristic (After Earth)

« Reply #246 on: July 20, 2008, 07:58:35 AM »
your best bet is to contact Doug Aibel, but just send him a pic and your resume if you have done any acting or singing or dancing, and hope he contacts you back.

I am KATARA

• Wide Awake

« Reply #247 on: July 20, 2008, 08:57:21 AM »
Ok thank you but how do I contact him?

riz_fo_shiz

• LITW

• Personal Text
    Foofoo-cuddly-poo...
    • ~My MySpace~
    • Email
« Reply #248 on: July 21, 2008, 06:13:58 PM »
to get doug aibel, you can get him at his playhouse in New York. idk what the phone number is though... you can probably google him though and get the number.

I?ve never not slept before! What if I fall asleep and something happens?! And something ALWAYS happens!

I am KATARA

• Wide Awake

« Reply #249 on: July 22, 2008, 02:40:31 PM »
Ok thanks for letting me know that RISE OF SOKKA STAR lol and good luck and to everybody else 2>>> lol :P

Shermyyy

• The Sixth Sense

« Reply #250 on: July 25, 2008, 12:36:53 AM »
im wondering the same thing, how can i contact doug aibel? if anyone could be of help, that would be so great! thanks.

kuromi

• Signs

• Personal Text
    OMNOMNOM.
    • Email
« Reply #251 on: July 25, 2008, 01:58:13 AM »
Augh... someone please help me. >_<
I was really looking forward to auditioning for Toph, but..
1. I don't live anywhere near Pennsylvania.
2. I don't have an "agent"

I live in California, and I'm just frantically trying to figure out how or where to audition.

GotRice

« Reply #252 on: July 25, 2008, 02:07:32 AM »
lol welcome shermyyy and kuromi

but just to warn you guys lol this is an old avatar audition thread
if you want more up to date information go to the other auditions forum
heres the link lol

and kuromi u dont need an agent xD

Shermyyy

• The Sixth Sense

« Reply #253 on: July 25, 2008, 12:12:17 PM »
you're serious right? no agent? if not, then i'll gladly walk to Philadelphia for the auditions.

i wonder how far california is from philadelphia... hmmm... lol

and thanks, great forums here ^_^.