Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 178

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 183

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 184

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 220

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 223

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 235

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 250

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 268
POSTER REVEALED FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Author Topic: POSTER REVEALED FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 17934 times)

werebearxxx

• The Happening

• http://myspace.com/werebearxxx
POSTER REVEALED FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: December 07, 2007, 11:47:14 AM »
IT IS AMAZING. GO TO COMINGSOON.NET. THEY HAVE IT.

AMAZING!!!!!

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• http://www.teddyblass.com
Re: POSTER REVEALED FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 12:57:03 PM »
thanks for the headsup. we've posted it on the front page now.

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2007, 12:59:09 PM »
oh, btw... I don't like the poster.  :'(

It's bland.

Sorry.

Did anyone else notice the Spyglass Entertainment logo on the poster? what gives?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 01:48:43 PM by Dr Malcom Crowe »

Unbroken

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2007, 02:09:23 PM »
I've got to say I like it. A lot. Has me excited.

- It's alright to be afraid, David. Because this part won't be anything like a comic book. Real life doesn't fit into little boxes that were drawn for it. -

Specter

• Administrator

• NarniaFans
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2007, 02:28:19 PM »
Alright, here's my thought on it.  If you take a good long look at it, you'll notice something strange about it.

First: The cars are all spaced apart.
Second: Many have open doors, but it's not a pile-up.
Third: ONE is flipped over.

How is it flipped over and what caused the doors to open?  Was it the people inside, escaping?  Did something cause all of the cars to go careening about and only one of them wound up flipped?

Is it reasonable to say that the flipped car was placed there or did it somehow manage to roll to a dead stop before hitting other cars?

There are many questions worth asking about it, that could make the poster better or worse.

MNightFan430

• The Village

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2007, 02:44:42 PM »
I agree...the tagline is a little bland.  It refrences "The Sixth Sense" and "Signs" instead of saying, "From the Director that brought you..."  Besides that it looks eerie.  I screamed when I saw the poster because I'm so excited!!! 

It's good to be back to this site.  I've been so busy!!!

I have a great feeling about this movie.  I'm not sure about Oscars...but who knows??? 

JUNE 13TH HERE WE COME!!!
See...tell him to see...  Tell Merrill to swing away.

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2007, 04:41:56 PM »
Ok, so nobody else thinks it weird that there is a Spyglass Entertainment logo on the poster? When did they get involved on this project, and how come they haven't announced it?

Sanford

• The Avatar

• Black Lightning
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2007, 04:47:13 PM »
I found that a little weird too. Maybe they've decided to help distribute it?

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2007, 04:52:38 PM »
I don't think they act as distributors, but as a production company. Maybe they're somehow affiliated with Barry Mandel?

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2007, 05:19:06 PM »
Alright Alright, has everybody forgot about my predictions? Yes you guys did. If you go to other thread in the forum about "The Teaser Trailor" we started making predictions when Teaser is going to be released. I stated first I stated myself that first we will see "TEASER POSTER" I know some may think well, thats how it works, but I predicted it, it will be around december and let me predict the Teaser trailor now.

We might see a short teaser around january and if not January. I am sure we will see it around february for sure. Cause during Feb 2008 we will have a official poster.

There is a possibility we see TEASER in front the movie "JUMPER"

Mark my words.

What do I think about 'The poster' man its smashingly spine chilling. Lots of clues. Doors are open, people are gone. Look at the production strategy, they didn't showed the dead bodies. Imagine the world without men who are all dead by natural gas or something. Of course you can picturise it exactly, if you want to picturise A FREEWAY.

We Have Sensed It - Yes We Have been sensing since we were born.
We Have Seen the Signs- Yes We have.
Its Happening - I know it will happen one day. (If we human's don't take nature serious)

The flipped car is because of the accident. I know you might say DUH... Its a clue. The clue is see all other  cars are normal,except doors are wide open which means people got out, and died.

The flipped car seems the last car and the driver didn't killed himself, but he also killed himself now and the car is upside down because of the crash. That's what the poster is saying to me.

Any comments?

Thanks

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2007, 05:30:52 PM »
I still don't like it.  ;D

Here is my touch up of the poster. This would have been better:

Click Here to Enlarge
« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 07:11:17 PM by Dr Malcom Crowe »

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2007, 07:33:00 PM »
I understand what Dr. Malcolm Crowe is saying.  Me personally though, I think it is good.  It has a very creepy feeling to it.  Like you're the last person alive, and even then, you don't know for how long.  Yes Rohan, you did call it.  The poster has got me hyped though, but still, I won't watch any trailers, or teasers.  I like it though.  Very creepy.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2007, 09:22:04 PM »
I think I might have figured the poster out.  What do people say cause pollution.  The biggest cause, or so they say, is cars.  So where is natrue going to strike.  It will first strike the cars, find out a way to stop them.  Then, the people get out of the car, that's why the doors are open.  Then nature strikes back against the people and they die.  Just a thought.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

Unbroken

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2007, 09:53:28 PM »
Good thinking Mr. Glass! Great idea you have there. You are probably right.

- It's alright to be afraid, David. Because this part won't be anything like a comic book. Real life doesn't fit into little boxes that were drawn for it. -

werebearxxx

• The Happening

• http://myspace.com/werebearxxx
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2007, 12:49:52 AM »
come on guys. the biggest thing to notice here is THAT ALL THE CARS ARE GOING IN THE SAME DIRECTION TOWARDS THE CITY!!!
less plant life in cites.
these people were trying to get away from something.

the poster is great. could have been better but who gives a crap..it's m. night here.