TRUE OR FALSE?

Author Topic: TRUE OR FALSE?  (Read 13556 times)

ALF

• The Village

• Email
Re: TRUE OR FALSE?
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2008, 05:12:41 AM »
Which were the motivations to do it?

Yesterday me and some friends were talking about the documentary, we all had agree that it was fake, and that we can consider it another Shyamalan's film.
I think it was a good idea to make the promotion of The Village, maybe because he previously thought that the movie was not going to be a success like the others, and he decided to help its promotion using this documentary.
But we talked about Shyamalan's image after this documentary: don't you think he could have more enemies after this film? I mean, the general public, those who doesn't care too much about the director's life, could think he's an strange man and maybe don't like him because of how he behaves in the interviews.
The question is: does this documentary help only the promotion of the Village or also helps to promote Shyamalan as an intrigant director? Which were his motivations to create this documentary.

I have to say that I love it, I like how is it done and how people are surprised when they see it. I like to see my friends watching it, waiting the moment when they look at me and they say "hey, this is true???"
I love it. ;D
Dame Nature moves in Strange Ways

wiivo

• Wide Awake

• Email
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2008, 12:23:52 PM »
So the press make stuff up to sell papers and magazines and thats fine. A TV station makes a show thats not entirely factual which the press reports on so then the station has to apologies for it. That makes sense :P

I loved this mockumentary. Its brilliant that they got Depp involved too.

Reflection

• Unbreakable

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2008, 01:53:05 PM »
M Night was temporarily dead in a pond as a kid, Jason was temporarily dead in a pond as a kid, the happening opened on friday the 13th...

Hence, M Night believes he's Jason reincarnated!!

I wouldn't talk bad about the guy, he'll stab you from under your bed!!

Namaste

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2008, 02:17:48 PM »
Maybe he had the idea for jason movies swimming around in his head...but then they drowned.
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2008, 09:28:48 AM »
I assume you're talking about Jason from the horror films.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2008, 08:41:53 PM »
lol you're quick, eh?
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

marco

• Personal Text
    "Look! A circle!" - "Yeah...what's the problem?"
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2008, 02:38:16 PM »
so according to the doc(mock)umentary, his movies are inspired by true life events

i saw the happening last night, hey mass suicide

so is m. night supposed to end his life now?

or is he just a green freak?

Maybe he just likes walking backwards ::)
"Welcome to The Cove"

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2008, 11:07:11 PM »
no, he's saying that our self-indulgence and disregard for the rest of the world will eventually lead to our self-destruction.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2008, 01:00:20 PM »
No, I'm not that quick, I just don't watch slasher films. 

K sosay

• Praying with Anger

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2009, 01:42:52 AM »
Hey all

Hows it. he is a bad ass film maker.

I met the guy that came up with the story lines that M night wrote the scripts and directed,
6 sense and on. apparently 1 guy came up with all of his story lines.

Peace

Loved the village best of all 

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2009, 12:34:15 AM »
Hey all

Hows it. he is a bad ass film maker.

I met the guy that came up with the story lines that M night wrote the scripts and directed,
6 sense and on. apparently 1 guy came up with all of his story lines.

Peace

Loved the village best of all 

not true.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2009, 03:32:30 PM »
seriously not true, and yes, The Village is amazing.

noah

• Praying with Anger

• my youtube
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2009, 04:43:17 PM »
i kno this topic hasn't been talked about in awhile, but i think the doc is true...
...if manoj weren't a shaman he would have siimply stated it in one of his many interviews with scifi.

insttead he laughs it off and says 'people believe what they want to believe... if i made films about a rockstar people would think i'm a rockstar..' He never says that he isn't. and all the signs are there and point that he is.

in the book 'the man who heard voices' he even says that there is a hidden room in his house that's off-limits. this is one other point that makes me believe so. that's one of the signs of a shaman.

iheartmanoj

• Praying with Anger

• Email
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2010, 11:16:20 AM »
It has been a while since this post was started, and since anyone last posted on it.  If anyone is reading, let me know...

But I agree with you noah.

I saw this documentary just the other night because I am studying Manoj for a project in my advanced film class.  I was very intriuged by this.

Yeah, some of it seems like it was made up like the whole chat room deal didnt exactly seem believable.  There could have been someone sitting behind them with a laptop typing back, who knows!!!

I have studied Shyamalan and so much about his life that it is ridiculous, I feel like a creeper lol.
But when I discussed this documentary with my professor, he told me to do some research.

So I did. I found a lot of sites where Sci-Fi "apologized" for it but they never really said that everything was fake, they said that they stretched the truth.  Shyamalan himself never denied anything! He would just laugh it off uncomfortably. 

I want so badly to believe that this is true, because come on! So much of it hadn't happened yet... I know that he probably had ideas floating around, but really? Lets be honest, he wants us to think it is not true.

On IMBD.COM's site for the doc. they have some of the "actors" and they aren't even the same people from the doc. just look alikes, some dont even look the same.

Maybe I'm getting too far into this, maybe not. But if you think about it, do you know how crazy people probably thought he was after seeing this?  He had no choice but to make it look like a hoax... But at the same time maybe this was all his plan, his masterpiece and that a lot of it is real but its just so far fetched that he thought it would seem fake so no one thought he was crazy.

Food for thought.