Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 178

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 183

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 184

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 220

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 223

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 235

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 250

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 268
The Mood/Tone Of The Film

Author Topic: The Mood/Tone Of The Film  (Read 4746 times)

Rulm

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Twitter
The Mood/Tone Of The Film
« on: December 17, 2007, 02:48:52 AM »
I just saw The Mist, and I loved it. It had a chilling atmosphere, and the tension that builds with the people in the supermarket was pretty exhausting!--In a good way! I didn't think that a movie about a "mist" would be suspenseful, but I was surprised. I think that if The Happening has a similar tone, it could be very effective. I think "wind" would replace "mist", though. After seeing The Mist, I am fairly confident that Night could pull off his story. ;D

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
Re: The Mood/Tone Of The Film
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 12:22:48 PM »
That's cool, I had been somewhat interested in the Mist, but then I did some research on it and found out that it was just a typical slasher films with lots of blood, monsters, and gore.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

• http://www.teddyblass.com
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 02:48:10 PM »
Yea, The Mist is like that, but don't forget it's Stephen King... his writings aren't shallow. The movie is actually about something, which most "slasher" films are not.

Maybe you shouldn't rush out to see it, but I'm sure you'll find it's worth renting (most likely  ;))

Rulm

• Twitter
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2007, 05:14:11 PM »
That's cool, I had been somewhat interested in the Mist, but then I did some research on it and found out that it was just a typical slasher films with lots of blood, monsters, and gore.

Actually, The Mist wasn't your typical "slasher flick". It was mostly about human nature. It's about how people interact when in a life and death situation...If this was the will of god, would you kill someone to save yourself?...It's quite thought provoking. Yeah, it's gory, but it has many layers upon that.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2007, 10:39:39 PM »
I haven't seen the movie or any other Stephen King's movies except "Christene" that movie is awesome. I wish they come up with a new one. Anyone seen it when the car goes crazy.

Rohan

Rulm

• Twitter
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2007, 02:39:16 AM »
No, I haven't seen it. I was never interested in watching Stephen King films, but after watching The Mist, I may go and check out a few. :)

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2007, 10:15:20 AM »
Allright, thanks for the notes on the film The Mist, I will consider checking it out.

werebearxxx

• The Happening

• http://myspace.com/werebearxxx
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2008, 12:23:21 AM »
whoever wrote that about the MIST is really stupid. there was like 2 scenes that had blood. nothing like a slasher film. more of an erie drama thriller.

watch it. its really good.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2008, 02:59:28 PM »
Allright, yea, I'll double check my source next time.  Thanks for the tip.

werebearxxx

• The Happening

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2008, 01:50:54 AM »
i didn't mean to sound mean but everyone ive ever talked to that saw the Mist hated it but me..... and it was sooooo amazing, and i cant see how people can be so dumb to look past the whole gore aspect and appreciate a movie with themes and heart.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2008, 09:33:44 AM »
I didn't feel like you were mean, it's just blood and gore permeate so much of film now, and in slasher films it is so incredibly excessive.

werebearxxx

• The Happening

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2008, 02:20:12 PM »
yeah i hear that.
im so tired of teens getting cut into pieces.... i could cut myself into pieces.

WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO THE GOOD, OLD FASHION SCARE.....?

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2008, 10:00:44 AM »
I don't know what happened to the good old fashioned scare, but we get one coming back with The Happening.

werebearxxx

• The Happening

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2008, 02:26:05 PM »
yeah. my hopes are high. i dont think ill be let down either.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2008, 09:47:14 AM »
My older brothers saw the trailer, and they don't really like Night's films, but after they saw the trailer they were like, "Hey, that looks good, I might go see that."  I think one reason is because it appears Night is branching out, he's trying a new style, somewhat, and also doing some filming outside of Philly.