Unbreakable trilogy

Author Topic: Unbreakable trilogy  (Read 2174 times)

Rulm

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Twitter
Unbreakable trilogy
« on: December 18, 2007, 03:05:03 AM »
Did you all know Unbreakable was first planned to be a trilogy!...But because it didn't do so well at the box-office, the subject was dropped.
...But Night hasn't ruled it out...Hmmm. Yeah, I'm just speculating, but I think, if done well (and actually DONE), it could be great!  ;D

afi_village

• LITW

Re: Unbreakable trilogy
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 07:22:49 AM »
i'd heard of the trilogy thing but i had no idea night hadn't ruled it out!  on first thought i'm excited about hearing that, but thinking a bit deeper it seems like a bad idea.  it would have to be done really well!
OH MY GOD...i was at a placebo concert last night and i was second row standing right in front of brian...then i got steve's drumstick!  HELL YEAH!!!

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 09:56:46 AM »
Yea, I knew all about that.  The thing is, if you take a long break from something it can tend to lose its moemntum, so that might not be such a good idea.  Still, if Shyamalan is directing it, I would see it.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

1.21 Gigawatts

• Wide Awake

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2008, 04:51:25 AM »
well really, the feeling of unbreakable if funny. Its kind of like the first act or the first part of a superhero movie or story. Its all about the introduction and him learning about himself. I can see they making a trilogy around this fact.
~ "If the rule you followed brought you to this, what good is the rule?" ~

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2008, 04:01:40 PM »
I'm all for the trilogy being completed, but only if done by Shyamalan, which would mean it probably wouldn't be done.  Unless Shyamalan becomes rich enough to finance his own films like Mel Gibson did with The Passion of The Christ.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village