Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 178

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 183

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 184

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 220

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 223

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 235

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 250

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 268
Writers Strike

Author Topic: Writers Strike  (Read 2031 times)

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• http://www.teddyblass.com
Writers Strike
« on: January 09, 2008, 11:26:44 PM »
How is it going to effect this movie? Essentially all movies that are in script development, or that aren't currently filming are likey to be effected.

Maybe that's why Night has turned to looking for buildings/sound stages for filming, cause Guild rules should restrict him, Bryan, and Michael from developing the story.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
Re: Writers Strike
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 09:23:13 AM »
I thought the writers strike was only on stage, not films.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

Lifeordeath1

• Email
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 10:49:34 AM »
No.  The strike is for everything!  Movies, Television, whatever.  Even novels, JK.  Hopefully this doesnt effect the movie, or else... that would be very sucky.  I will help with the script myself!
"My biggest fear in life is to be average."
      M. Night Shyamalan

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2008, 02:30:17 PM »
O man, that really stinks.  I didn't realise it was that bad.  Come on Hollywood and scriptwriters, work something out, but make sure it's good so we don't have this problem again in 5 years.

Lifeordeath1

• Email
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2008, 05:13:50 PM »
You got that right!  That's the reason we have so many boring "reality" TV shows!  Can't we all just get along?  Although, I dont blame the writers.  If I was in the union, I wouldnt mind a cut for internet and dvd sales either.  But on the other hand I would rather be working than picketing.  B-O-R-I-N-G.  Hopefully they are writing in their spare time!  We need something good to watch, not sucky!  That's why we all love Night!  Like we have all said, he is original!  How many people actually write, produce and direct their own films while being so highly wanted on the directors list?  Usually when you are very well known in Hollywood people just want to hire you for your director skills, but Night chooses to make his own original ideas.  This is why it's going to be so exciting to see what Avatar: The Last Airbender will look like.  Not his original idea!   ;D
"My biggest fear in life is to be average."
      M. Night Shyamalan

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2008, 12:58:39 PM »
Yea, he'll build on a great idea already, while he brings his excellent directing skills to the project.