The Dark Knight score

Author Topic: The Dark Knight score  (Read 2280 times)

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• http://www.teddyblass.com
The Dark Knight score
« on: January 12, 2008, 01:17:08 PM »
I am just as excited for this movie and score as I am for The Happening... I think.

The crazy thing is that the movies will be released about a month apart from each other. I wonder what James' writing process will be like.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
Re: The Dark Knight score
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2008, 01:26:20 PM »
I don't know, he was incredibly busy in the 2007 year, I'm sure he can handle this year.  I can't wait for The Happening and The Dark Knight movie scores to come out.  They will be so good.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2008, 01:32:26 PM »
I'm positive he can handle it, but a little part of me wants him to be 100% dedicated to The Happening.

Also... I remember for Batman Begins, Hans and James were composing and recording the score out of London. I read the Mel Wesson (who is doing some additional music and programing for The Dark Knight as he did with Begins) is not currently working out of L.A., which makes wonder if Hans and James are.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2008, 04:44:41 PM »
That could make things a little more complicated, I guess time will tell.  I'm sure that he will be 100% dedicated to The Happening.  He's been working with Shyamalan for a while, so he obviously likes working with him.  I think it will all turn out for the best.

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 01:37:22 PM »
I understand his commitment to Night, and his continued excellence in scoring Night's movies. However, technically he can't be 100% committed to The Happening if he is working on The Dark Knight as well.

Interesting note, JNH was also scoring Collateral when he was working on The Village and he managed to pull off his best score yet.

I am not that worried at all, but still... lol  :D

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2008, 06:09:37 PM »
Yea, that's a good point.  I think both movie scores will be superb, and he will probably come out of it very tired.  Keep up the hard work James Newton Howard.