Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 178

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 183

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 184

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 220

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 223

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 235

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 250

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 268
The Happeing-Friday the 13th

Author Topic: The Happeing-Friday the 13th  (Read 7258 times)

Mr_Glass.1

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Email
The Happeing-Friday the 13th
« on: January 12, 2008, 01:33:07 PM »
Did anybody else notice the release date for The Happening is June, Friday 13.  Sound like an interesting date to put a film opening.  I think he may have done it on purpose, the Incredible Hulk also comes out that day, so I am going to be busy.  Anyway, just wondering what other people thought.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

• http://www.teddyblass.com
Re: The Happeing-Friday the 13th
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2008, 01:36:11 PM »
Yeah, they mentioned this back when they first announced the movie. Night and Fox specifically choose the Friday 13th as the perfect worldwide release date and marketing tool.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2008, 01:37:26 PM »
I think it will work.  It's very interesting and probably means that it will have a much more dialed up scare factor.

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2008, 03:25:02 PM »
I am interesting in seeing how having basically a single worldwide release date goes, it will be the first for Night.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2008, 04:48:59 PM »
That's true, I hadn't thought about that.  One worldwide release date.  That could be good, a Friday night, an attempt by Shyamalan to rejuvinate himself in the public eye.  I'm hoping something along the lines of what happened with The Sixth Sense, some people watch it, the critics like it, and the word spreads.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2008, 04:16:11 PM »
That's good.

Rulm

• Twitter
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2008, 12:20:14 AM »
I don't think that the Friday the 13th day is a good idea. It sounds like a simple gimmick that has been played out...But, whatever.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2008, 09:34:09 AM »
That's true, it has been a somewhat overused gimmik, but I think with M. Night Shyamalan it will work.

Dr.Hill42

• LITW

• http://www.nate24.blogspot.com
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2008, 06:34:52 PM »
Yeah, it's a gimmick, but thats the kind of thing Night's into. Its an added effect to the theatrical experience, it's also an easy date to remember. You'd be surprised how many people make it a tradition to see movies on Friday the 13th.

Woooo!!! The Happening!!!

They say this one has a surprise ending.
~Dr.Hill42

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2008, 06:57:35 PM »
There are a couple of countries that won't be getting this on June 13, some will get it a day or two before actually.

Markets that will get a Friday the 13th release:

USA    
UK    
Australia     
Spain    
Russia    
Turkey    
Iceland    

more may or may not join that date. only time will tell.

Lifeordeath1

• Email
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2008, 09:23:40 PM »
Why the heck would they make another Incredibal Hulk?  Who wants to go see that when the first one sucked really bad!? 

I hope The Happening STOMPS that movie into the ground!  YES!
"My biggest fear in life is to be average."
      M. Night Shyamalan

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2008, 09:47:31 PM »
Well, this time around The Incredible Hulk stars Ed Norton, and William Hurt. Already a vast improvement over the first film. I have a feeling the release date for Hulk might get pushed back.

Either way, I know The Happening will be a better movie, but I am not to thrilled about the possible competition.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2008, 10:14:47 AM »
Okay, first of all Lifeordeath1 they are making another Hulk because the first one bombed.  They are hoping to rejuvinate it, everything, new actors, new story, new everything, except for Marvel of course.  They are going to have the Hulk fight the Abomination, another Hulk like creature, giving it much mroe action.  Marvel has a strong fanbase and I don't think The Happening will stomp it into the ground, in fact I am a little worried about the competition.  I plan on seeing both movies opening day, if not opening showing.

Lifeordeath1

• Email
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2008, 11:35:45 AM »
I have a friend who loves Edward Norton and will def be there opening day!  I hope it's better!  I guess I wasnt a fan of the other one because it was so cheesy.  Hopefully it is a vast imporvment!  One ? though Mr. Glass.  Is Marvel promoting this new Hulk or is it not?  I was a little confused because you said "except for Marvel" and then "Marvel has a strong fan base". 

Either way The Happening is going to be awesome!
"My biggest fear in life is to be average."
      M. Night Shyamalan

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2008, 09:57:26 AM »
Sorry about the confusing wording, what I meant was that the new Incredible Hulk is entirely new, except for the fact that Marvel is involved.  Any Marvel movie will almost always recoup what it cost to make, though it might not be popular, just because of the Marvel fanbase.  It is promoting the Incredible Hulk, but not enough, it is getting drowned out by Iron Man, and the Dark Knight.  Yes, The Happening is going to be great.