Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 178

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 183

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 184

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 220

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 223

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 235

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 250

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 268
The Happeing-Friday the 13th

Author Topic: The Happeing-Friday the 13th  (Read 6963 times)

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• http://www.teddyblass.com
Re: The Happeing-Friday the 13th
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2008, 01:56:46 PM »
I am interested in seeing a trailer for The Incredible Hulk. As of right now, I'm not planning on seeing it in theaters. Iron Man looks promising. The Dark Knight will dominate all.  ;D

Lifeordeath1

• Email
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2008, 03:02:33 PM »
Sorry about the confusing wording, what I meant was that the new Incredible Hulk is entirely new, except for the fact that Marvel is involved.  Any Marvel movie will almost always recoup what it cost to make, though it might not be popular, just because of the Marvel fanbase.  It is promoting the Incredible Hulk, but not enough, it is getting drowned out by Iron Man, and the Dark Knight.  Yes, The Happening is going to be great.

I have to agree with you there.  Marvel will recoup what it cost to make the film.  Is there a movie that has not done good for them?  I also agree about the non promoting issue.  Whats up with that?  The only things I have heard about IH is word of mouth, nothing else.  Excuse my knowledge of Marvel, but is Iron Man Marvel? 
"My biggest fear in life is to be average."
      M. Night Shyamalan

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2008, 09:45:09 AM »
Yes, Iron Man is Marvel comics while the Dark Knight is DC comics.  The two biggest rivals in the comic book industry.  Yea, who knows why the Incredible Hulk isn't getting enough promotion, but I don't know why.  Yes, every movie of their will at least recoup what it has lost, if not more.  The Dark Knight will be really good but I am thinking Iron Man might do better, what gives the edge to the Dark Knight is that it already had a film come out.  Also, Batman is one of the most popular superheros of all time.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

Lifeordeath1

• Email
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2008, 11:12:35 AM »
True to that!
      M. Night Shyamalan

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2008, 11:41:09 AM »
I am thinking Iron Man might do better, what gives the edge to the Dark Knight is that it already had a film come out.  Also, Batman is one of the most popular superheros of all time.

And Batman Begins is arguably the best superhero film of all time.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2008, 09:59:28 AM »
Yea, it was such an incredibly good movie, it's one of my favorite along with the X-Men, do you know what else was good, Daredevil, that was good.  I'm a big superhero fan though.  So I am pretty excited about this year.

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2008, 11:54:51 AM »
I did not think Daredevil was good. In fact, I think it's one of the worse Superhero movies in recent years. That's just my opinion though.  ;)

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2008, 11:38:41 AM »
No, that's fine, I beg to differ though.  What didn't you like about Daredevil, I'd like to know, who knows, maybe we'll agree on one or two things.

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2008, 11:06:02 AM »
I didn't like the acting (and the casting for that matter), the use of music, the visual style, and the lack of authenticity. The story wasn't half bad, but all of the above made it unbelievable (in the truest sense of the word  ;)).

At least for me anyway.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2008, 03:17:31 PM »
No, that's cool.  I like it and I thought the acting was good, but a lot of people didn't like the acting.  Yea, the visual style was weird, along with the color palate, I wonder if they were experimenting with something.  I actually liked the music and want to buy the soundtrack.  What do you mean by the lack of authenticity?  I was just wondering. ;D

Lifeordeath1

• Email
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2008, 03:44:09 PM »
Wow.  Daredevil is in my top 3 worst movies of all time.  Terrible.  Boring.  But, I guess if your a big comic fan then.  Who does the soundtrack? 

I guess we should stick to the Subject though.
      M. Night Shyamalan

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2008, 05:35:57 PM »
What do you mean by the lack of authenticity?  I was just wondering.

The world felt very exaggerated and unrealistic. I guess superhero movie worlds should be larger-than-life to some extent, but the way it was done in Daredevil made it difficult at buying into anything.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2008, 09:59:48 AM »
O okay, I get it, thanks.

Zozaya

• Signs

• Personal Text
    Why do we dream when our thoughts mean nothing?
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2008, 07:30:52 PM »
Hey, does anyone know if The Happening is coming out on The 13th of June in Mexico as well? Cause im from here and i'm dying to know when it comes out here, if it's not out here that day i might fly to the US to see it, haha!
Why do we dream when our thoughts mean nothing?

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2008, 08:32:22 PM »
There seems to be no official word yet on the release date for Mexico. My guess is that it will see the Friday the 13th release date, but I wouldn't count my chicks before they hatch.