Heath Ledger-Dead

Author Topic: Heath Ledger-Dead  (Read 10185 times)

Mr_Glass.1

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Email
Heath Ledger-Dead
« on: January 22, 2008, 06:40:55 PM »
I just read on IMDB that Heath Ledger died, they think of a drug overdose.  I think that is sad, it's too bad because he was such a good actor.  Didn't know if anybody else heard about this.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

Lifeordeath1

• Email
Re: Heath Ledger-Dead
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 08:20:05 PM »
I couldnt believe it when I heard about it!  Supposedly they found him in bed with sleeping pills spread about.  Dont know if he overdosed or what, but hopefully he didnt.  I sure hope life wasnt that depressing that he took his own life.  I am sure its very hard for some people not to overdose or take their own life, but it sure didnt seem like things were that bad for him.

Pray for his family, friends and loved ones.  Its such a sad time, esp. with a big movie coming out this year for him.  I dont know how people are going to go to the Batman film without thinking about him dying.  I am sure this will add hype to the film.  He was a really good actor in my eyes, hopefully they give him some kind of dedication on the credits.  A moment of silence would be nice before the film, but I highly doubt it.

"My biggest fear in life is to be average."
      M. Night Shyamalan

Rulm

• Twitter
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 08:46:30 PM »
Oh, my god! He was such a great actor! May he rest in peace. I will pray for his family. This is so hard to believe, but I looked it up, and it's true. :'(

Specter

• Administrator

• NarniaFans
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2008, 12:22:24 AM »
I was in shock when I heard about it.  He and his family are in my prayers for sure.  I heard about it only a couple of hours after his body was discovered.

Orandhite

• The Sixth Sense

• Email
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2008, 04:38:36 AM »
This is really sad, especially so as his two year old daughter is now fatherless.

It is also a tragic loss for the film business considering how he was going from strength to strength with his performances.  His portrayal of the Joker in The Dark Knight is now probably going to be even more unnerving because of his death.

There were rumours running around that the story was just another one of the PR stunts by WhySoSerious and other people have been saying that he "got what he deserved" because he had played a gay role.  These rumours and sentiments are terrible.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2008, 09:32:34 AM »
Yea, that's too bad, people need to learn to respect the dead.  He will be in my prayers as well, him and his family and friends.  He was an excellent actor, it was stunning when I found out about it, also just a few hours after it happened.  I hope he didn't overdoes of pills, that's so sad that he would think life is that bad to kill himself.  We should get more news after the autopsy.

Lifeordeath1

• Email
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2008, 07:19:23 PM »
What?!  People actually said "He got what he deserved" for playing that role!?  Those people need to get a life!  What a bunch of jerks!  If you are against that, fine, but dont be an idiot and call people out like that! 

Do you know where you heard that from Orandhite?
      M. Night Shyamalan

Orandhite

• The Sixth Sense

• Email
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2008, 04:19:58 AM »
I heard it from a friend on another board.  He lives in Manhattan and he's been following the story quite closely as he's been really looking forward to watching Heath's performance as the Joker.  He is gay and is very in touch with any related news stories (he is actively trying to educate people, change their attitudes and help those that are in situations because of their sexual orientation) so is more likely to hear or find about about comments like this.

He also posted that no illegal drugs were found in the apartment, the autopsy was inconclusive, but the investigation was testing a rolled up $20 bill to see whether there was any drug residue on it.

EDIT: it turns out there were no drugs found on the $20 bill (plus other information):

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22788914/
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 04:32:23 AM by Orandhite »

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2008, 09:52:07 AM »
Yea, I had heard they think it was an accidental overdose on something.  It's too bad, especially since he has kids.  Yes, if you disagree with something, okay, but don't bash a man for his beliefs, especially when they are dead.  That's called one thing, dishonoring the dead.

Lifeordeath1

• Email
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2008, 10:35:21 AM »
Wow.  I am still taken back and in shock about this whole thing.  I keep wanting to believe this is a joke somebody is playing, like he is actually going to be seen walking down the street somewhere and the news is going to report it.  Unbeleviable.

I thought the MSN you posted was interesting.  I was very surprised to hear an Olsen twin mentioned.  Never knew they were friends, wonder how that came to be?

I can relate to the non-sleeping disorder he was having.  I like to write and when I write creativly, or study for that matter, late at night, say around 11 or 12, falling asleep is so difficult.  I just lay in my bed, in the dark, not being able to fall asleep.  The body is exhausted, but the mind is still racing about with ideas I have.  When I try to push those ideas out and close my eyes, my brain switches to another subject.  Odd ones too, I will start thinking about really random things when I was younger.  What I did, where I used to hang out, etc.  My brain just keeps firing off in all directions.  I "eventually" fall asleep, but cant really remember when.

With such a tight and long scheadule on shooting days, and also with such a complex character, thorwing yourself into your that role, completely leaving nothing behind, and completely becoming that person, I can really see him having struggles.

Its going to be hard watching him play the Joker, but I can not wait to see his performance, it looks spectacular.  He looks so detailed in character its scary.

I really hope that the paparazzi leaves his family alone and stays out of the lives of his friends.  Heath Leger seemed to be a good man.  I will miss him.
      M. Night Shyamalan

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

• http://www.teddyblass.com
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2008, 08:35:32 PM »
I heard about this when MSNBC first broke the news, and I couldn't believe it. It is so sad to see a young life so full of talent and potential end.

My thoughts and prayers to the family and friends.

Lifeordeath1

• Email
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2008, 08:56:26 PM »
I heard that he used to be in rehab, but didnt stay there, in and out.  Does anyone know if this true? 
      M. Night Shyamalan

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

• http://www.teddyblass.com
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2008, 09:07:09 PM »
I think he entered rehab to research a role. That what I heard. I think that was according to a director of the movie the role was for.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2008, 06:41:59 PM »
Yes, it's so sad.  He was such a good actor.  I sometimes have the problem of falling asleep.  I listen to music each night.  That usually helps.  With Heath Ledger doing research in a rehab facility, that would make sense.  Some actors get really into their roles, he sounds like one of them.

Lifeordeath1

• Email
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2008, 10:29:05 AM »
They havnt the tests back, but I heard something about he had prescription drugs from France, over the counter.  He possibly accidently mixed them, or to much of, both ones from US and europe.  In other words overdose.  Now whether he did it on purpose, who knows?  I sure hope not, but I think it might be one of things no one will ever find out.
      M. Night Shyamalan