Heath Ledger-Dead

Author Topic: Heath Ledger-Dead  (Read 10420 times)

Mr_Glass.1

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Email
Re: Heath Ledger-Dead
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2008, 03:39:11 PM »
I don't think he would, not from the little I know about him.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

Rulm

• Twitter
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2008, 02:18:45 AM »
There is a rumor going around saying that Heath got so into character for the Joker in the next Batman film, that it took a truly physical toll on him. Some are saying it kinda' traumatized him. Yeah, it's skepticism, but I think it may be possible.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2008, 10:58:02 AM »
I can see how that's possible, some people get so into their roles that it does mess with them.  That's what makes him a good actor.  They think that he accidently overdosed on some over the counter drugs, which is too bad, an accident that just ruined a promising young man and career.  I feel horrible for his little girl, it's really sad.

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

• http://www.teddyblass.com
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2008, 07:10:55 PM »
Christopher Nolan's (director of The Dark Knight) article in Newsweek about Heath Ledger:

One night, as I'm standing on LaSalle Street in Chicago, trying to line up a shot for "The Dark Knight," a production assistant skateboards into my line of sight. Silently, I curse the moment that Heath first skated onto our set in full character makeup. I'd fretted about the reaction of Batman fans to a skateboarding Joker, but the actual result was a proliferation of skateboards among the younger crew members. If you'd asked those kids why they had chosen to bring their boards to work, they would have answered honestly that they didn't know. That's real charisma?as invisible and natural as gravity. That's what Heath had.

Heath was bursting with creativity. It was in his every gesture. He once told me that he liked to wait between jobs until he was creatively hungry. Until he needed it again. He brought that attitude to our set every day. There aren't many actors who can make you feel ashamed of how often you complain about doing the best job in the world. Heath was one of them.

One time he and another actor were shooting a complex scene. We had two days to shoot it, and at the end of the first day, they'd really found something and Heath was worried that he might not have it if we stopped. He wanted to carry on and finish. It's tough to ask the crew to work late when we all know there's plenty of time to finish the next day. But everyone seemed to understand that Heath had something special and that we had to capture it before it disappeared. Months later, I learned that as Heath left the set that night, he quietly thanked each crew member for working late. Quietly. Not trying to make a point, just grateful for the chance to create that they'd given him.

Those nights on the streets of Chicago were filled with stunts. These can be boring times for an actor, but Heath was fascinated, eagerly accepting our invitation to ride in the camera car as we chased vehicles through movie traffic?not just for the thrill ride, but to be a part of it. Of everything. He'd brought his laptop along in the car, and we had a high-speed screening of two of his works-in-progress: short films he'd made that were exciting and haunting. Their exuberance made me feel jaded and leaden. I've never felt as old as I did watching Heath explore his talents. That night I made him an offer?knowing he wouldn't take me up on it?that he should feel free to come by the set when he had a night off so he could see what we were up to.

When you get into the edit suite after shooting a movie, you feel a responsibility to an actor who has trusted you, and Heath gave us everything. As we started my cut, I would wonder about each take we chose, each trim we made. I would visualize the screening where we'd have to show him the finished film?sitting three or four rows behind him, watching the movements of his head for clues to what he was thinking about what we'd done with all that he'd given us. Now that screening will never be real. I see him every day in my edit suite. I study his face, his voice. And I miss him terribly.

Back on LaSalle Street, I turn to my assistant director and I tell him to clear the skateboarding kid out of my line of sight when I realize?it's Heath, woolly hat pulled low over his eyes, here on his night off to take me up on my offer. I can't help but smile.

Lifeordeath1

• Email
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2008, 08:11:03 PM »
Wow, thanks for posting that article, it really touched me.  I am still sad for him.  I was watching Batman Begins yesterday on television and was enjoying it because I hadnt seen it in awhile, then the end came on where Batman is given the joker card.  I realized in an instant that Heath was gone.  Bummer.   :(  Its very nice to know that he thanked the whole crew.
"My biggest fear in life is to be average."
      M. Night Shyamalan

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2008, 10:03:51 AM »
That's a very good and touching article.  Christopher Nolan has class to tell that story.  That was nice that he thanked the crew for working late.  I hope The Dark Knight is the second most succesful film next year.

Lifeordeath1

• Email
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2008, 09:11:08 PM »
HAHA!  I just had to laugh that you said I hope The Dark Knight comes in a good second place this year.  Lol.  I agree.
      M. Night Shyamalan

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2008, 10:08:50 PM »
I will be the party pooper and say that I doubt that either movie will take the #1 or #2 spot.

I would however agree that I hope that it does happen.  ;)

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2008, 09:49:34 AM »
Yea, I have to agree with you Dr Malcom Crowe.  Oh, there is an interview of Heath Ledger on yahoo movies, The Dark Knight, they are talking about him playing the Joker, thought some of you might be interested.

Lifeordeath1

• Email
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2008, 11:01:25 AM »
I will be the party pooper and say that I doubt that either movie will take the #1 or #2 spot.

I would however agree that I hope that it does happen.  ;)

What movies do you think will take the 2 top spot Maclome?
      M. Night Shyamalan

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2008, 11:20:22 AM »
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Also Chronicles of Narnia could do very well. I think Dark Knight will do much better than Batman Begins did, but still, that means it will have to do about $100 million more than Begins to do what franchises like Narnia and Potter have done in the past ($300 million).

Orandhite

• The Sixth Sense

• Email
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2008, 11:27:45 AM »
I think TDK might well be a surprise earner this year.  There has been major viral marketing done for it, and the passing of Heath Ledger and the TYPE of role he is playing in his last movie will probably push up the number of people that will go to see it.

Although going up against those two movies is going to be tough!

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2008, 11:31:55 AM »
I agree, TDK could very well surprise us with the amount it earns. There are a lot of things going for it, and a lot of positive buzz.

I just think movies like Indiana Jones and Harry Potter have a larger potential audience.

Orandhite

• The Sixth Sense

• Email
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2008, 11:47:09 AM »
Definitely.  Indy has got to be the biggest movie of the year.  There are so many people that grew up with him, their parents, and now their kids too!

Rulm

• Twitter
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2008, 02:16:32 PM »
I seriously think The Dark Knight will surprise many when it releases. It may become #1. I wouldn't doubt it. Especially with all the publicity it's been getting. Oh, and the reason it WILL top Batman Begins is because of the Joker. People will crowd the theater like Legos in a box.