Vanishing Women In Signs

Author Topic: Vanishing Women In Signs  (Read 8836 times)

Namaste

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
Re: Vanishing Women In Signs
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2008, 02:42:46 PM »
It's not only that they dont want to take responsibility, but that they want certain people (those who make them feel afraid or guilty) to take the blame; not just anyone.
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2008, 03:53:42 PM »
That's true, because if you shift the blame it appears to set you free.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

Prince111

• The Village

• Email
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2008, 10:35:36 PM »
When the sheriff is talking to the hero she says some crazy women came staggering into a bar screaming and making a big mess then staggered out and had not been seen since.

It is not mentioned in the movie but I strongly think the aliens got the women and that was why she was not ever seen again. If the aliens needed food who better to grab then someone that no one knew who they where or would be looking for. If the aliens had been in the area for days scouting they would know who everyone was and who would be missed.

I can understand where you could come up with that explination, but I always saw her just as a woman passing through...people do it al the time in movies.  you'll see a character say one line, or just two or three words and that's it.  I'm not saying that you're reading too much into this, but that's what I got from it.  Even with Night's movies being so deep, not all of the character (on or off screen have some deep meaning.  Most do, but not all.)  I'm not disagreeing with you, that's just how I read that character in Signs.

marco

• Personal Text
    "Look! A circle!" - "Yeah...what's the problem?"
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2008, 03:22:43 AM »
I think both women have not a deep meaning through the story.
Probably the old lady spitting on the skateboards represents only another funny moment in the movie (there are many others,especially with the officer herself).Then the stranger is only a way to focus the viewers' attention on her instead of something else for what is happening...or it could also be like Namaste said before,that is the scapegoat theory.
"Welcome to The Cove"

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2008, 01:32:38 PM »
I need to watch Signs again, I haven't seen it in a while.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village