Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 178

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 183

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 184

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 220

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 223

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 235

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 250

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 268
Things I Noticed in the Trailers

Author Topic: Things I Noticed in the Trailers  (Read 10573 times)

Maya

• Signs

• my myspace
    • Email
Re: Things I Noticed in the Trailers
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2008, 05:26:35 PM »
about the butterfly thing at the beginning of the thread...it came to mind that the butterflies may symbolize the Butterfly Effect.

the following is from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butterfly_effect

The butterfly effect is a phrase which encapsulates the more technical notion of sensitive dependence on initial conditions in chaos theory. Small variations of the initial condition of a nonlinear dynamical system may produce large variations in the long term behavior of the system. So this is sometimes presented as esoteric behavior, but can be exhibited by very simple systems: for example, a ball placed at the crest of a hill might roll into any of several valleys depending on slight differences in initial position.

The phrase refers to the idea that a butterfly's wings might create tiny changes in the atmosphere that ultimately cause a tornado to appear (or prevent a tornado from appearing). The flapping wing represents a small change in the initial condition of the system, which causes a chain of events leading to large-scale phenomena. Had the butterfly not flapped its wings, the trajectory of the system might have been vastly different.
-b.rocha

attributed to einstein:
"if the bees disappeared off the surface of the globe
than man would only have four years of life left."

http://www.myspace.com/274520477

Maya

• Signs

• my myspace
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2008, 05:27:21 PM »
also, i was starting the trailer again and the writing on the chalkboard on behind the teacher caught my eye!

here's what it says:

attributed to einstein

r. frost.

On glossy wires artistically bent,
He draws himself up to his full extent.
His natty wings with self-assurance perk.
His stinging quarters menacingly work.
Poor egotist, he has no way of knowing
But he's as good as anybody going.
-b.rocha

attributed to einstein:

Maya

• Signs

• my myspace
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2008, 05:31:02 PM »
The Happening is also going to be a little bit controversial to the people who specially deals with GLOBAL WARMING. It will be also controversial those who read bible and go to church too much. It will be also controversial to us, regular people who watch movies,sleep,walk,read,work,dance,have sex, as this will be disturbing our feelings. Controversy in our own minds. M.Night is a master of ideas and very well behaved and well focused film maker. I sometimes think about him. He is a writer who creates ideas and then he decided to bring those ideas and characters on the screen.

The sky scrappers in the trailer/movie is a really great symbol. Who lives in them? US. People like us work or live inside them.

I have read the script of this movie. It's awesome as usual I can say it proudly. I always believe in M.Night. He always comes with an unique idea.

This is will be also a movie that can teach us the value of earth and greenary. I mean we humans don't appreciate anything when it comes to nature. We pollute it, we don't care about it. Think about millions of years ago, animals back then looked weird and they just vanished from the face of this earth. Which means every living thing has its time and period. Later on, something will happen to them and they will be vanished and there will be a new species that surface on the earth.

M.Night sat,wrote an idea and possibility of how may humans go away. It doesnt' always mean that an scientist or a professor can tell us meaningful things. An writer/Director/Novelist can also. And M.Night will tell us on friday 13th.

Anyone agree with me?

Rohan

heck yea!

p.s.  i can already see that this one is gonna be a thinker to everyone whatever their religion, culture, beliefs, etc. 
-b.rocha

attributed to einstein:

Maya

• Signs

• my myspace
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2008, 09:10:11 PM »
you know...the very end of the trailer makes me feel like it might be a part two to signs.  like as though they've figured out how to rid us after the last time so that we can't get them again...doubt it, but that's what came to mind. ;)
-b.rocha

attributed to einstein:

Unbroken

• Futuristic (After Earth)

« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2008, 09:41:59 PM »
Hey I like your thinking, Maya! You made some good observations.

About the "real life" occurrences of dying birds and bees, I wouldn't be surprised if that is how Night got the idea. I'll bet he's cleverly tying in a current event that people tend to purposefully overlook because we don't know precisely what it means, and we are, in a way, afraid of it because of that. We'll never admit it, but when we hear about these types of things we forget about them and pretend they aren't happening. But they are happening. We leave it to the "professionals" because we might not like what we find.

I've heard a theory that radio signals are confusing bees and keeping them from getting back to their hives. I don't know how valid the theory is though.

The Happening will be the most frightening Shyamalan film to date. Not just because people will be jumping off buildings and stabbing themselves with hairpins, but because it ties in directly to our own lives. Most of us have heard the stories about bees disappearing. And we've acted like it doesn't matter. But Night will prove that it does matter, and that unexplainable events ARE happening.

Bees are dying. What will happen next?

M. Night will force us to look at things like they actually matter.

--- Science will come up with some reason to put in the books, but in the end it will be just a theory. We will fail to acknowledge... that there are forces at work beyond our understanding. ---

MrStone

• LITW

« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2008, 09:46:04 PM »
hey, i was just watching the trailer again and they were talking about the bees' dissapearance....does anyone know what the actual cause of the disappearance's were for our 'real life' bee and bird dissapearance? and does anyone think that Night may have gotten the idea for the bees from what was happening to them in real life?

that would be a spoiler :)

as is Rohan's statement. 

Rohan i've also read the script.  I thought the first half was phenomenal..and the second half...well i wasn't as impressed with it, but i read an early version of the script, so we'll see what changes have been made.

but i agree with you...he challenges the way we think, the things we believe, and he does it...all without us realizing..

MrStone

• LITW

« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2008, 09:51:07 PM »
Hey I like your thinking, Maya! You made some good observations.

About the "real life" occurrences of dying birds and bees, I wouldn't be surprised if that is how Night got the idea. I'll bet he's cleverly tying in a current event that people tend to purposefully overlook because we don't know precisely what it means, and we are, in a way, afraid of it because of that. We'll never admit it, but when we hear about these types of things we forget about them and pretend they aren't happening. But they are happening. We leave it to the "professionals" because we might not like what we find.

I've heard a theory that radio signals are confusing bees and keeping them from getting back to their hives. I don't know how valid the theory is though.

The Happening will be the most frightening Shyamalan film to date. Not just because people will be jumping off buildings and stabbing themselves with hairpins, but because it ties in directly to our own lives. Most of us have heard the stories about bees disappearing. And we've acted like it doesn't matter. But Night will prove that it does matter, and that unexplainable events ARE happening.

Bees are dying. What will happen next?

M. Night will force us to look at things like they actually matter.

--- Science will come up with some reason to put in the books, but in the end it will be just a theory. We will fail to acknowledge... that there are forces at work beyond our understanding. ---

i'm pretty sure most of Night's stuff comes from real life examples..

The Village - The idea of the monsters came from Night reading that colonial americans believed there were monsters and creatures in the unexplored areas of the frontier.

Signs - The crop circles, but a lot of the dialogue seems to come straight from "crop circle documentaries"...the 'it can't be by hand -  it's too perfect' statement...i recall the documentary about a decade ago that said almost the same thing verbatim.

The Happening - well, yes..but I won't go into detail.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2008, 03:24:36 PM »
I think the whole script I read months back was just written with heart and passion. And also, no body should forget this that M.Night made some changes to the script afterwards per studio requests.

Speaking of Honey Bees. It's true they are going to be vanished and there is nothing in this world with our top technology to stop it. No one can face the mother nature. Not to forget we are part of the nature too. When a person is going to die and taking the last breathe, who can stop it. No one.

Let me share with you all this little story that I was thinking last night. I am from Afghanistan, I was a small kid when parents resided to India. New Delhi. I grew up their until I became a teenager. I was in 8th grade and one hot afternoon I was walking home with my bag on my shoulder. Sweat was dripping from my forehead. I saw a lemonade seller, I bought a small bottle of lemonade. Just walking atleast few blocks more. I saw a children park in an quite neighborhood. I went  inside the park and I sat on bench under a thick tree. I was feeling cold breeze on my forehead and sipping on my lemonade slowly. Under my feet was dirt, where grass was totally gone as lots of people used the bench. On the dirt, or I should say on the eart was a tiny hole. I saw some small wierd insects comes out from that tiny hole and they are holding their fellow mates dead bodies. I was amazed how they are cleaning up. I immediately killed one and put one on my palm. The Dead body was a ANT and the wied insect was tiny,skinny like wood color and almost shaped like GRASS HOPPER without wings. I threw it away. I took a stick and stabbed in right on the hole in the ground. Millions of those insects with in a second crawled on the stick. I jumped back and left the stick their.

And then I poured a little bit water in my lemonade bottle from the park pipe which is for watering the flowers and grass. I spilled a little bit water on the whole. Those insects came out and running away for their lives. But they were dieing in the process of escaping. The water as a matter of fact killed all of them. I was shocked, just shocked.

Last night, I was just remembering it and I compared it with THE HAPPENING plot, bees going away plot. I came with an understanding that there are things beyond our understanding. Those wierd insects took over a ant colony and killed all of them. And then when I poured water, they died instantly. They were sensitive of water. Who knows probably they were new kind of ants.

There are things in this unique planet of ours that it's just beyond our undertanding and imagination.

Rohan

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2008, 08:14:46 AM »
That's a weird story Rohan, and cool.  I can't say much more because most of it has been said by other people.  Rohan, I do think the film will be controversial, like his other films, or most of them, I think we will find a way to stop the bees from dying, but I'm not 100% sure.  HIs films are scary because they relate too us, The Happening will especially, and it will be scary.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2008, 07:50:08 PM »
Agree with you Mr.Glass