JUMPER. Distraction.

Author Topic: JUMPER. Distraction.  (Read 5869 times)

Lifeordeath1

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Email
JUMPER. Distraction.
« on: February 26, 2008, 11:23:09 PM »
Ok, this is for those of you that saw Jumper.  My friend and I are always watching the backround of movies, in other words, we like to watch every aspect of the film, take in everything we can, point out what we thought was fake, what didnt seem real, etc. etc, not just watch the main actors.

Anyway... was anyone else really, really, distracted when "Jumper Boy" was sitting at 'his girls' bar for the first time and that girl in the backround between them kept starring at something near the camera, or... more like... seemed to be starring into the camera?  They held that shot for like 30 seconds and I cant remember a word they were saying, because whoever that girl was in the middle, she kept starring into the camera! 

It drove me and my friend freaking nuts!  Didnt they have another shot they could have take where someone isnt starring into the camera?  I cant believe the script supervisor, or the director for that matter, didnt catch that.  Wierd.
"My biggest fear in life is to be average."
      M. Night Shyamalan

MrStone

• LITW

Re: JUMPER. Distraction.
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 01:08:32 AM »
Ok, this is for those of you that saw Jumper.  My friend and I are always watching the backround of movies, in other words, we like to watch every aspect of the film, take in everything we can, point out what we thought was fake, what didnt seem real, etc. etc, not just watch the main actors.

Anyway... was anyone else really, really, distracted when "Jumper Boy" was sitting at 'his girls' bar for the first time and that girl in the backround between them kept starring at something near the camera, or... more like... seemed to be starring into the camera?  They held that shot for like 30 seconds and I cant remember a word they were saying, because whoever that girl was in the middle, she kept starring into the camera! 

It drove me and my friend freaking nuts!  Didnt they have another shot they could have take where someone isnt starring into the camera?  I cant believe the script supervisor, or the director for that matter, didnt catch that.  Wierd.

if you pay attention - Toni Collette looks back at the camera in one of the scenes when it didn't seem she was supposed to (for the Sixth Sense).

Malcolm is in the living room with her when Cole arrives.  She gets up and talks to him, takes his jacket and as she walks out of the picture she quickly looks at the camera...only noticeable if you're watching her and not cole.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 08:47:39 AM »
Hey, that's cool, I'll check that out MrStone.  Lifeordeath1, I also look at all the aspects of a film, including the background, stuff like that bothers me also, sometimes things like that just slip by, though for a cut that long I'm surprised.  :o
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

Lifeordeath1

• Email
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2008, 05:21:12 PM »
Awww really!?  Im going to check that Toni looking at the camera deal right now!  Thanks!
      M. Night Shyamalan

Lifeordeath1

• Email
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2008, 05:35:48 PM »
OOooo... I dont know Mr. Stone, its really hard to tell.  I've watched it 3 times and I cant tell if she is looking at the silver blanket on the chair she was sitting in or is looking just past the camera toward the floor.  Could she poss. get a feeling that someone is in the room besides her and Cole?   :o  Very interesting. 
      M. Night Shyamalan

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2008, 09:38:31 AM »
I had always thought that she could sense him in the room, but still, if she does look at the camera, why.

MrStone

• LITW

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2008, 11:25:54 PM »
OOooo... I dont know Mr. Stone, its really hard to tell.  I've watched it 3 times and I cant tell if she is looking at the silver blanket on the chair she was sitting in or is looking just past the camera toward the floor.  Could she poss. get a feeling that someone is in the room besides her and Cole?   :o  Very interesting. 

if that is indeed what is happening...then a) toni collette is a really good actress and adds subtle layers or b) Night added that..

Lifeordeath1

• Email
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2008, 11:36:17 PM »
Could poss. be both.   ;D
      M. Night Shyamalan

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2008, 09:13:24 AM »
I definately think it could be the acting, Night gets top notch actors for his films.  Also, he does like to add layers like that into his films.

MrStone

• LITW

« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2008, 11:31:00 PM »
I definately think it could be the acting, Night gets top notch actors for his films.  Also, he does like to add layers like that into his films.

I loved William Hurt's performance in the Village..

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2008, 02:25:05 PM »
I've seen William Hurt in a few other films, he is such a good actor, he's one reason why I am looking forward to The Incredible Hulk.

Lifeordeath1

• Email
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2008, 09:02:36 PM »
He's in the Hulk huh?  Interesting.  What part does he play?
      M. Night Shyamalan

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2008, 02:10:17 PM »
He's going to be in the new Hulk, not the one that came out afew years ago, this one comes out the same day as The Happening.  William Hurt will play Thunderbolt Ross, the military commander.

Namaste

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2009, 12:46:22 AM »
There's a shadow of someone who runs between a light (obviously a high-powered set light) and the Walker house in the "my sister cried a lot/hide and seek" scene
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Namaste

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2009, 03:08:34 AM »
Another interesting spot I just made tonight (watched Blow for the first time, finally) is that there is a Kristine Jung who plays a clerk in the movie...now that was the name of the main character's daughter in the movie..and the movie was based on a true story. she might be the REAL Kristine Jung making a cameo  :o
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.