Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 178

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 183

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 184

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 220

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 223

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 235

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 250

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 268
GOOD TRAILER OR BAD TRAILER?

Author Topic: GOOD TRAILER OR BAD TRAILER?  (Read 4336 times)

Rohan

• Global Moderator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• nightwriter22
GOOD TRAILER OR BAD TRAILER?
« on: March 01, 2008, 04:55:52 PM »
After watching the trailer about 25 times since it's online officially. I am talking about the new trailer 2. I have this feeling that this trailer is kind of not good enought for a M.Night Movie. The reason I am saying this I wish M.Night would have showed only a character dieing or earth or nature or something that the concept is born.

Anyone agree? Or disagree?

I still wish that they come with an all new trailer. Something bigger, but short and powerful.

Rohan

DILinator

• The Happening

Re: GOOD TRAILER OR BAD TRAILER?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 07:44:02 PM »
I thought the trailer was great!  Perfect!  The trailer you're looking for sounds like the original one that got leaked, and then squashed.  I prefer this more global trailer that they've come out with.  I think it blends a nice amount of intrigue, and plot, to keep you guessing. 
"See what you have to ask yourself is what kind of person are you? Are you the kind that sees signs, sees miracles? Or do you believe that people just get lucky?"

I'm a "Signs" person.

MrStone

• LITW

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 12:23:02 AM »
i liked one of the signs trailers that had no dialogue except Mel Gibson saying "it's happening"..

you think that's one of Night's favorite words?  It seems to pop up a lot....

maybe this movie is his way of bringing all the films together...

Rulm

• Twitter
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2008, 12:04:10 PM »
I liked it. The first was NOT GOOD, but the second was great. By the way, I think the most disappointing M. Night trailer has to be Lady in the Water. The teaser was great, but the actual trailer was just cheezy--especially with that girl saying, "Whose afraid of the big bad wolf?"...Not good. This one was actually interesting. The only problem I had with it, is that it didn't really tell us much, if anything, about the characters.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2008, 02:00:37 PM »
See, that's what I liked about it, the trailer was ambiguous.  We know a small amount of what' going on, but nothing really.  So it gets you pumped, because of the bit you do see, but then you have to wait.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

marco

• Personal Text
    "Look! A circle!" - "Yeah...what's the problem?"
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2008, 02:25:16 PM »
I liked the 2nd trailer more than the first one because it contains less spoilers.
I shouldn't have seen the 1st one... :(
"Welcome to The Cove"

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2008, 03:15:35 PM »
Hope anyone don't get me wrong here. I like the trailer too. It's cool. What I was saying is that "the trailer should have been" like too catchy. To just catch your eye right away. I am not saying the trailer is not good, but still not good enough for a Night movie.

This is how I want the trailer.

Breeze over the trees, fields, A SHOT OF THE GLOBE, birds flying, a baby bird coming out of its egg, then small children playing on the streets, going to school, the citizens walking in new york, LA, philly, sky scrappers, a thick black cloud, a quite neighborhood, a shot of the house, we ELLIT MOORE is sitting on the couch watching the NEWS, ON THE SCREEN: We have sensed it, We have seen the Signs, then showing people dieing, like workers falling from the building, honey bees are dieing, ants are dieng under a bush, that character should say "An Event Is happening" - An M.Night Shyamalan film should appear on the screen and then "the Happening' ....What you guys think?

Maya

• Signs

• my myspace
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2008, 06:51:15 PM »
i like the trailer.  although i think there could've been more of an UMPF to it. 

apparently my co-worker likes it too she asked if i wanted to go to see The Happening (i didn't even know how she liked his films!)
-b.rocha

attributed to einstein:
"if the bees disappeared off the surface of the globe
than man would only have four years of life left."

http://www.myspace.com/274520477

werebearxxx

• The Happening

• http://myspace.com/werebearxxx
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2008, 12:11:29 AM »

i likeed both trailers.....no m. night trailer is a bad one........the 2nd one was better though.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2008, 09:18:17 AM »
I understand what you're saying Rohan, and I kind of agree with you, but the second trailer had this push, this vicerality (I hope I spelled that right) to it that made it better.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2008, 09:06:19 PM »
Yes, the second trailer is nice, but I having this feeling that wish the trailer would be the way I described it.

Rohan

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2008, 09:21:20 AM »
That's makes sense, obviously you want it to be something which would grab you better, make for a better trailer.  I wonder how they decide what goes into a trailer.

okokokok

• LITW

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2008, 07:07:07 PM »
Well, an interesting side note, David Fincher's theory is that trailer houses have to have the mind set that they are somehow saving the movie with a great trailer.  That way they don't feel bad when a movie bombs, because they did what they could with a crappy movie.  It's like, they don't wanna feel guilty if some amazing movie does horribly at the box office because they cut a trailer that made people not want to see it or something. 

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2008, 11:21:03 PM »
That's makes sense, obviously you want it to be something which would grab you better, make for a better trailer.  I wonder how they decide what goes into a trailer.

Right, Mr.Glass. It did grabbed it, but the way I wanted is just going to be remain my as one of my wishes.  lol

Rohan

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2008, 09:02:17 AM »
Nah, that's cool.  I understand. ;D