Writer's Block

Author Topic: Writer's Block  (Read 17230 times)

Prince111

• The Village

• Email
Re: Writer's Block
« Reply #75 on: September 01, 2008, 09:18:51 PM »
Sometimes I'll walk away from it for about 2 or 3 months, so when I get back, it's almost like I'm have to get to know the characters and story just as if I was writing it for the first time.  Or I'll read classical plays, because almost everything in some form came from classical plays, by reading them or atleast go over their rules it'll help me out. 

There are some schools of thought that says that when you get a writers block that something in the material is not true to it self.  Either there's a character that shouldn't be there, or a plot devise or a scene (s) that's out of the theme of the material that you're writing.  With that in mind, I would go over your screenplay what in there that has, just HAS to be in there keep it, everything else, throw it away.  M. Night threw away 3 or 4 drafts of the Sixth Sense before things started to click.  These are things that have worked for me in the past.     

Rohan

• Global Moderator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• nightwriter22
« Reply #76 on: September 02, 2008, 08:08:54 PM »
I take break. 2 or 3 weeks. Then I go back to my last scene and review it. If it makes sense I will leave it and if not I will come up with something new.

During the course of 2/3 week I study books/novel and watch movies of the same genre. Helps a lot.

CandidEmphasis

• Praying with Anger

• Email
« Reply #77 on: January 11, 2009, 01:17:06 PM »
Does anyone know how I can apply to become a PA on The Last Airbender when they film in Philadelphia?

Erik

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Personal Text
    d'oh!
« Reply #78 on: January 11, 2009, 02:29:35 PM »
Send a letter of aplication to the production company?
We can breath in space,
they just don't want us to escape...