Writer's Block

Author Topic: Writer's Block  (Read 27730 times)

MrStone

• LITW

Re: Writer's Block
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2008, 09:30:39 PM »
..i played laziness at work today and wrote in my free time when the boss was out....i actually wrote the end of Act II and the entire Act III.  Guys and gals, i think i have a working outline.  But before i actually start the script, i'm going to go ahead and write a treatment.  so much for writer's block - i'll have to deal with it next time i run into it. 

Mr_Glass.1

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Email
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2008, 09:19:23 AM »
That's great, cool, I'm glad you were able to get so much done.  I need to set aside time to just write.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

Lifeordeath1

• Email
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2008, 01:33:44 PM »
Nice!  To bad I have to much homework!  Im gettn the itch!
"My biggest fear in life is to be average."
      M. Night Shyamalan

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2008, 06:09:39 PM »
I know, I've got so much school to do right now, and work will start up soon.  O well, I'm going to get up earlier to write my script, that's what I've resolved.

MrStone

• LITW

« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2008, 06:15:02 PM »
I know, I've got so much school to do right now, and work will start up soon.  O well, I'm going to get up earlier to write my script, that's what I've resolved.

you younguns are still in school?  wow.  I haven't been in school in about 3 years and that was graduate school.. ;)

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2008, 06:58:47 PM »
12th grade.  Looking forward to two years of community college and work and then film school for two or three years.  I'll see how things turn out.

MrStone

• LITW

« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2008, 08:17:22 PM »
12th grade.  Looking forward to two years of community college and work and then film school for two or three years.  I'll see how things turn out.

you're serious?

i'm 28 years old...

MrStone

• LITW

« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2008, 08:17:54 PM »

you're serious?

i'm 28 years old...

i'm just completely shocked..i figured you were late twenties to early thirties.

Lifeordeath1

• Email
« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2008, 06:57:22 PM »
Im 26.  Still in school, took the long route to figure out that custodial work sucked and that I really needed to do something with my life.  Im making it though!  Nothing but hard work from here on out!
      M. Night Shyamalan

MrStone

• LITW

« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2008, 09:04:14 PM »
Im 26.  Still in school, took the long route to figure out that custodial work sucked and that I really needed to do something with my life.  Im making it though!  Nothing but hard work from here on out!

i found that writing is a great escape from reality.  even if i never sell - or make money, i will always dream, and always want to create stories.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2008, 09:02:44 AM »
Why are you that shocked that I'm in 12th grade MrStone? ???  You are older, which gives you a little more experience in life, which does lead to better writing.  Still, I think I'm doing pretty well.  Lifeordeath1, you wanted to be a custodian, weird, and kind of interesting, why?

Lifeordeath1

• Email
« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2008, 01:42:32 PM »
No, no, no.  I cant say that I ever wanted to be a custodian, its just that I hated school and didnt want anything to do with.  My mom said, "Well your getting a job!  Your not just going to sit around the house all day long thats for sure!"  So, needless to say I worked as a custodian at the same place for 7 freakn' years!  Crazy. 

I am very blessed to say that the people I worked with were much older than I, and they kept pushing me to go to college.  One guy esp, he was kind of like a grandfather to me and he never went to college and wish he had.  So here I am today!  I am actually, thought I would never say this, but... I am really enjoying school!  I feel like my brain isnt going to mush.  And the exciting thing is, is that this Fall I am out of Community College and into a real one, where I will take film production and my aunt has offered to pay for all my books and classes until I graduate!  Yeah!  I cant wait!   ;D ;D ;D 
      M. Night Shyamalan

MrStone

• LITW

« Reply #57 on: March 24, 2008, 10:26:56 PM »
Why are you that shocked that I'm in 12th grade MrStone? ???  You are older, which gives you a little more experience in life, which does lead to better writing.  Still, I think I'm doing pretty well.  Lifeordeath1, you wanted to be a custodian, weird, and kind of interesting, why?

Because i guess your post count made it seem like you've been around longer, plus you don't really come across like a teenager...

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2008, 08:30:54 AM »
Lifeordeath1, I get you now.  That's interesting, sounds like to didn't really like that job.  We definately need people to push us to be better and to keep going.  I know a couple people like that and they are a great help.  I hope I am able to enjoy college, I guess I'll have to wait and see.  What school are you planning on going to?  Do you want to be a producer?  I think that's great that your aunt is paying for all that, hope you do well.  MrStone, if you look at my profile I've only been a member since August, this is just about the only forum that I go to though, so that accounts for my high posts.  I guess that's a good thing that I don't come across as a teenager, at my church I'm usually able to interact well with the older people, which I like, because I learn more that way, understand more about life, which all helps my scriptwriting.

Lifeordeath1

• Email
« Reply #59 on: March 25, 2008, 11:49:10 AM »
Yeah, I am very grateful for all those people!  Yeah after about 4 years, I was freakn' done!  I over stayed that's for sure!  But at least i know what I really want to do now, never really cared before. 

Sometimes college gets rough, nothing but studying all the time.  Like right now I am swamped!  I have 1 more month and I hope it gets here soon!  Ugh!

I am planing on going to a school called WEBSTER.  If you want to do film production in Missouri this is the school to go to.  At least from what I am told.  I want to direct, write, camera operate.  I probably really dont need school for that stuff, but I think its really going to help me out a lot.  Just like at that dead end job I was at, those people helped me out.
I dont know about producing, I am more on the creative side of things, I love giving people direction on what I am looking for and how I need them to act a certain way.  Fun Stuff! 
      M. Night Shyamalan