THE INCIDENT

Author Topic: THE INCIDENT  (Read 6987 times)

ALF

• The Village

• Email
THE INCIDENT
« on: March 14, 2008, 04:50:44 AM »
 ;D Hi guys, this is Alfonso from Spain, how are you all?
I just wanted tos ask you about Th Incident, last M Night's film. I don't know very much about it, just some images that i could see on the trailer. I don't want to know what is it about, i prefer to be surprised when I'll see it at the cinema, but i'd like to know if in USA the premier will be earlier than here. We have to wait till june to watch this movie. For the moment it seems a new great movie from him, please, if you have the opportunity to watch it before let me know your first opinions.

Dame Nature moves in Strange Ways

Mr_Glass.1

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Email
Re: THE INCIDENT
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 08:22:20 AM »
I'll let you know, but over here it doesn't come out till June 13th, so it appears that there isn't much of a difference.  By the way, welcome to the site.  ;D
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

ALF

• The Village

• Email
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 09:22:01 AM »
I've just cheked and the premiere will be also that day, so maybe it has to do with the last usual way of having international premiers on the same date, like it happens in movies like The Lord of the Rings and Star Wars, doing so people like us can talk about the film untill we both have seen it the same day. It will be a great film, for sure.
It's funny, I've seen the poster of the film and there's my car: the blue one on the right, it's a Fiat Punto, I have it on the same colour.

PD: I have to apologyze if sometimes i do mistakes with english, one of the reasons why i like to write on a forum is to continue writing on english at the same time I change oppinions wiht people who are far away from here.

Thanks

Lifeordeath1

• Email
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2008, 10:04:15 AM »
LOL!  I dont mean to laugh at you ALF, but it was just funny when I didnt know what movie you were talking about.  LOL!  When you said "The Incident"  I was like what movie is that?  I guess that is the word Spain uses for The Happening correct!   ;D ??? ;D  Have Fun!
"My biggest fear in life is to be average."
      M. Night Shyamalan

ALF

• The Village

• Email
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2008, 10:16:17 AM »
HahAHhahAHha,
yes, don't worry about laughing, you're absolutly right. Here in Spain we have called the movie "EL INCIDENTE" and i just thought it was the same for you. We use to translate anything. Sorry, next time I'll try to not have mistakes about these things. Thanks for the correction. For future comments about this film I'll go to the site "the happening". :o

Lifeordeath1

• Email
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2008, 04:09:48 PM »
Lol!  Dont worry about it, I kind of like "The Incident."  Haha!   ;D  Mabye he should change it!  Haha! ::)
"My biggest fear in life is to be average."
      M. Night Shyamalan

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2008, 12:04:20 PM »
Actually, I was like. Is that a movie we don't know about? lol.

rohan

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2008, 05:16:07 PM »
That was my first reaction, but then I realised, with the context and all, that he was talking about The Happening.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

ALF

• The Village

• Email
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2008, 05:33:47 AM »
After laughing with my mistake talking about "The Incident" I was thinking of continue using this thread to put some more titles that maybe will surprise you how in Spain we have changed them.
I also invite people from other countries to put here their titles.
I'll do this: I put the name of the film in 3 options:
1. This is the original name
2. This is the name of the film in my country
3. This is the translation into english of the name 2.

So you'll see how sometimes the titles get really changed, I think it'll be something funny. To beginning with, I'll put the 6 main Shyamalan's films:

A. 1.The sixth sense / 2.El sexto sentido / 3. The sixth sense (this time nothing change)
B. 1. Unbreakable / 2. El protegido / 3. The protected
C. 1. Signs / 2. Se?ales / 3. Signs (again we respected it :D)
D. 1. The village / 2. El Bosque / 3. The forest
E. 1. Lady in the water / 2. La joven del agua / 3. Lady in the water
F. 1. The Happening / 2. El Incidente / 3. The Incident

Spain is different ;D

Erin

• Signs

• The Future is Unwritten
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2008, 05:46:58 AM »
El Incidente
This title is so much better than the french one : Ph?nom?nes  :o

GothMan

• The Happening

• Personal Text
    You should close your eyes to see the Truth.
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2008, 07:11:49 AM »
El Incidente
This title is so much better than the french one : Ph?nom?nes  :o

...or the Hungarian one which is Az esem?ny  :D
"A common misperception of me is... That all my movies have twist endings, or that they're all scary. All my movies are spiritual and all have an emotional perspective." (M. Night Shyamalan)

ALF

• The Village

• Email
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2008, 07:37:38 AM »
I think it is really funny how each country decides to change a title. I know sometimes is because of copy rights. For examplae I know in Spain some titles have been changed because there was already a spanish movie with that title, but also many times (most of them) they just think like "hey, this title is more cool" and decide to destory the original name. Tehre are changes abosultly funny here in Spain.

Hey GothMan, what does this tile mean in english?

GothMan

• The Happening

• Personal Text
    You should close your eyes to see the Truth.
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2008, 10:08:20 AM »
I think it is really funny how each country decides to change a title. I know sometimes is because of copy rights. For examplae I know in Spain some titles have been changed because there was already a spanish movie with that title, but also many times (most of them) they just think like "hey, this title is more cool" and decide to destory the original name. Tehre are changes abosultly funny here in Spain.

Hey GothMan, what does this tile mean in english?

It's a literally translation of The Happening, nothing special.  :)
"A common misperception of me is... That all my movies have twist endings, or that they're all scary. All my movies are spiritual and all have an emotional perspective." (M. Night Shyamalan)

Namaste

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2008, 02:55:33 PM »
it's strange how Pan's Labyrinth was originally "El Laberinto del Fauno"  Because they never actually call him Pan in the movie, and Pan is just a shakespeare character who happened to be a Faun, and shakespeare was originally in english :o and i guess also cause "pan" means bread in spanish lol and might be confusing.   ???  "'The Maze of Bread'? hmm this doesnt look too interesting." And if you called it "The Faun's Labyrinth" in english, people might get confused and think it was the homophone "fawn" (which is a baby deer) and say "oh how cute..a little deer in a maze"   ;D

Personally, I think they could have gone with a different title altogether, as very little of the movie actually had to do with the labyrinth itself. Actually, I think im going to start a thread on better names for the movie haha.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 03:06:12 PM by Namaste »
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Erin

• Signs

• The Future is Unwritten
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2008, 06:01:06 PM »
In french it's a very bad translation I think cos the happening is more something that happens at a moment it's not the case with phenomenons. Is it the right word I'm quite sure ?