Title Choosing...

Author Topic: Title Choosing...  (Read 11039 times)

Erik

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Personal Text
    d'oh!
Re: Title Choosing...
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2008, 11:02:16 AM »
I liked I,Robot. But it has a strange set up, because it's so futuristic. I can understand that people don't like that...
We can breath in space,
they just don't want us to escape...

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2008, 02:20:06 PM »
So I guess I should watch the whole thing, not form any opinions about it during the first 20 minutes or so.  ???
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

Decadent Sympozium

• Unbreakable

• Email
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2008, 04:43:19 PM »
My premise for those who are curious why i might choose sadistic -

A sadistic ripper terrorizes a talented journalist by demanding she offer her own life in exchange for the lives of three other potential victims.

It is far too "littlecitizenshipful", commercial, minimal. If you plan on making it in the range of See no Evil (that actually has a good title,  but nevermind it), then Sadistic works well. If you brought some ethic/philosophical point to the title, this is a serious no to the title. How about being symbolic or creative (No, calling it sadistic is not symbolic, it's simple and straightforward, in my opionion, the type of title that has no value what so ever, judging by the plot proviso)? Making a research or two perhaps? If the movie is about pure nothing, you might as well call it Sadistic. Or, bring some play to it. Say if she's a journalist, study the journalist dictionarya little, find an interesting word for some part of their work, and apply it to the ripper. Or you could involve her fully unintentionally, say, in her past the journalist survived some terrible accident in which he could help and save the person that died, but didn't. The sole surviver, apart from the journalist, remembers, and brought into religious center, becomes obsessed with the symbols, meanings, and numbers. Then, you decide to call it, say, "Rule of Three" (wiccan explanation of the word three, anything you do returns three times), or alike. After that you get a little plot twist in margins of Untracable and Saw.

Just a quick thought.

(and yes, I know the topic went off the route defined in your post, just had to respond to it, perhaps for the future reminder, should you find any worth in my text. :))
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 04:46:34 PM by Decadent Sympozium »
Manoj Night Shyamalan is Charles Baudelaire of movie art. That is non-deniable. Baudelaire's value is non-deniable.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2008, 01:18:15 PM »
My premise for those who are curious why i might choose sadistic -

A sadistic ripper terrorizes a talented journalist by demanding she offer her own life in exchange for the lives of three other potential victims.

You can title your script - "The Ripper"

Rohan

Namaste

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2008, 12:13:23 AM »
lol..sadistic..the ripper...why not just call it "some guy threatens a journalist"? if the screenplay isnt too long, send it to me and ill come up with a great title :)
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

shadowbender

« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2008, 06:58:39 PM »
How about this title: "The Offer".