Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 178

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 183

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 184

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 220

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 223

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 235

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 250

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 268
Popularity of this movie.....

Author Topic: Popularity of this movie.....  (Read 2428 times)

the_sorcerer

• The Village

• Email
Popularity of this movie.....
« on: April 09, 2008, 03:11:55 PM »
I heard the happening is gaining a LOT of buzz, even though I haven't really seen any promotion apart from a cutout in the movie theatre but that just made me really excited.  I'm hopin so because the trailers and what I know of the plot sounds like an amazing movie, and I'm hoping Shyamalan redeems himself with critics and lost fans so that we'll have many many MANY more night films in the years to come. What have you guys heard? I've been following this flick probably as long as all of you have (since the sale of the screenplay was announced) and I'm curious as to your opinions.

Unbroken

• Futuristic (After Earth)

Re: Popularity of this movie.....
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 03:55:23 PM »
I've heard a lot of positive things as well. The only people online who ever seem to dislike The Happening make it obvious without them even knowing it that they just have a bone to pick with M Night Shyamalan. Everyone else seems to be in awe.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 07:51:44 PM »
I have been waiting since "Lady In The Water" was released. That's what I do, when an M.night movie comes out. I start to wait for the next one. I follow it.

Trust me, this movie will rock. It's unique. It's not remake or adapted from a novel or a book. It's original and I can happily waste my 10.00
dollars on an original idea. And since it's M.Night I don't give a rat's ass what critics or other people say. I respect Night for what he does every time. Kudos, to him. He Writes,Directs and Produces.

Rohan

Lifeordeath1

• Email
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 10:08:55 PM »
HAHA!  I like the "I can gladly waste my $10" bit!  Nice!  HAHA!

Yeah, its going to be insane!  I cant freakn' wait!  Y-A-H-O-O!!!!!!
"My biggest fear in life is to be average."
      M. Night Shyamalan

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2008, 10:33:57 PM »
Yep, 10.00 for sure... ahaha

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2008, 08:47:11 AM »
I'll be right there with you in spirit, spending my money for a well enjoyed two hours of some of the greatest filmmaking ever.  Can't wait.  Friday, June 13th baby.  Yeah. :o
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

DILinator

• The Happening

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2008, 08:58:46 AM »
I'll be there Friday the 14th of June, first local showing of the day!  It's the most anticipated movie of the year for me (and there are a lot of good looking ones coming out), and I think it will deliver!  I'm doing my part to promote it as well, including a promo for it as my sig on the two other online message boards I frequent, and I also named one of my fantasy Baseball teams "The Happening".  I really hope it comes out of the gate and does well, to silence those Shyamalan haters out there predicting it's downfall. 
"See what you have to ask yourself is what kind of person are you? Are you the kind that sees signs, sees miracles? Or do you believe that people just get lucky?"

I'm a "Signs" person.

Lifeordeath1

• Email
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2008, 10:08:42 AM »
Yeah!  Silence those suckers!   :P  Let's go The Happening Let's go! 

If I dont see a special preview, I will go opening night.  I hate going to movies in the daytime.  I like seeing films at night, with big crowds and walking out when its dark.  When you walk out in the daylight it takes all the magic away for me.
"My biggest fear in life is to be average."
      M. Night Shyamalan

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2008, 09:15:32 AM »
Yea, Lifeordeath1, I understand what you're saying about the magic, still, if I can see a movie, I'll go when I can.  I'm working on getting a group together to go see The Happening opening night, but we'll see how that works out, anybody live near Woodbridge?  I'm hoping it will do so well that people will have no choice but to go see it and enjoy it.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village