Production information on "The Happening"

Author Topic: Production information on "The Happening"  (Read 1190 times)

Rohan

• Global Moderator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• nightwriter22
Production information on "The Happening"
« on: April 09, 2008, 08:23:02 PM »
In January 2007, writer-director M. Night Shyamalan traveled from Philadelphia to Hollywood to prepare a live-action film adaptation of Avatar: The Last Airbender.

Shyamalan submitted a spec script entitled The Green Effect to various studios, but none expressed enough interest to purchase the script. The director collected ideas and notes from meetings, returning home to Philadelphia to rewrite the script, and 20th Century Fox greenlit the project.

Now titled The Happening, the film will be produced by Shyamalan and Barry Mendel and will be the director's first R-rated project.Later in March, actor Mark Wahlberg, with whom Shyamalan had been negotiating at the same time as his deal with Fox, was cast into the lead role of the $57 million project.

The India-based company UTV will co-finance 50% of the film's budget and distribute the film in India, with Fox distributing in the rest of the territories. Production began in August in Philadelphia.

Filming locations in the Philadelphia area include Masterman High School, Rittenhouse Square,Cherry Hill Mall Complex, 30th Street Station. Most of the scenes at a farm or at a farm house took place in Plumstead, Doylestown, and restaurant scenes were filmed G Lodge in Phoenixville. The release date for The Happening is set for June 13, 2008, intentionally set for Friday the 13th to suit the thriller.

Source: Wikipedia.com

The reason I posted this just to let everyone know that how much Night worked and how the production went - Rohan

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
Re: Production information on "The Happening"
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 08:42:53 AM »
Hey Rohan, thanks for the information.  I knew most of that, but it's nice to refresh my memory.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
Re: Production information on "The Happening"
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 12:45:12 PM »
yep...lol