Interview your fellow forumers

Author Topic: Interview your fellow forumers  (Read 258915 times)

endurancekarmatiffany

Re: Interview your fellow forumers
« Reply #615 on: September 17, 2008, 12:41:00 AM »
haha umm in the pool  :D
But no, I can't do the thing were you just stand and out of nowhere jump, do a crazy flip, and then land on your feet.

What is something new you learned today? (it can be educational or it can be something about another person, item, etc.)

Sanhlami

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Email
« Reply #616 on: September 17, 2008, 12:48:34 AM »
Well, of course I learn new stuff from school. How to find the domain and range of an equation, and some history stuff about the Pequots. I learned that junior counsel meeting was today and I missed it X|, but I'll go next week. I also practiced stunts today and just learned how to do a gainer (running backflip), backflipping off a wall, and some breakdancing moves-from my new break dancing buddies.  :)

[good question, i'll recycle it] "What is something new you learned today? (it can be educational or it can be something about another person, item, etc.)"
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 12:54:59 AM by Sanhlami »

endurancekarmatiffany

« Reply #617 on: September 17, 2008, 01:18:48 AM »
Well, regarding education we were mostly reviewing stuff in class today for upcoming tests but I learned a whole lot about Egyptian architecture in art history and in English, we did some in-depth studying of the Power and the Glory.
Non-educationally: I learned that I got assigned the sweetest freshmen ever for our school's mentoring program, I have some of the best/nicest friends ever, don't add random people as friends on facebook even if they go to your school, and carpooling with your best friends is craaazy fun.

What gives you goosebumps?

Sanhlami

• Email
« Reply #618 on: September 17, 2008, 01:27:39 AM »
nails scratching on a blackboard, coldness, and I get a little bit of goosebumps when I see water spots on my body.

Do you have any siblings? Do you want one?

endurancekarmatiffany

« Reply #619 on: September 17, 2008, 01:51:48 AM »
I have a younger sister whose entering high school next year (blergh....) The sibling I really want though is a twin brother. That would be the coolest thing ever. Haha I guess that didn't really work out though  :-\

reuse and recycle!  ;D
Do you have any siblings or do you want one?

Sanhlami

• Email
« Reply #620 on: September 17, 2008, 01:59:53 AM »
I have one older sister. I want an older brother to have someone to look up to but I guess 2 was enough for my parents.

Does your parents get mad for staying up so late so many times?

endurancekarmatiffany

« Reply #621 on: September 17, 2008, 02:07:06 AM »
Funny that you mention it. My mother is yelling at me right now for always staying up so late. It makes absolutely no sense because sometimes she tells me that its not worth sacrificing my health for my grades and then other times she's like, "you won't work hard enough for your grades...blah blah blah".

Out of your parents, is your mom or dad the stricter one?

Sanhlami

• Email
« Reply #622 on: September 17, 2008, 02:17:54 AM »
My dad is stricter then my mom, usually in rules and regulations. My mom is more financially stricter then my dad  ;)

^My mom was yelling at me 1 minute before I typed the message above, saying the exact same thing. "It's not worth risking your health...." and she constantly tells me do whatever you can for schoolwork. Asian moms *sigh*. Although I sometimes stay up for fun which she is right for yelling at me those times  ;D

What school subject are you most interested in? and why?

endurancekarmatiffany

« Reply #623 on: September 17, 2008, 02:26:12 AM »
I'm a humanities core person so i looove English and history isn't too bad either. I actually like to read and analyze subtext in passages so English has always been one of my favorite classes. I've never really been too fond of history until last year when I took U.S. history. My teacher was really creative in her teaching method so it kind of spiced up the subject overall.

^ Hahaha I know. They're so confusing sometimes. They rant and say a bunch of stuff that contradicts each other. Haha whenever I stay up late to talk to friends or do other non-school related stuff I always end up feeling really guilty the next day when I'm all exhausted.

Have you ever passed out?

Sanhlami

• Email
« Reply #624 on: September 17, 2008, 03:03:29 AM »
^I don't think I ever have.

Are you serious?! you are in Humanities CORE too?! I'm in Humanities CORE as well, at my school. I didn't know other schools had humanities core magnets, or I wasn't aware of any. That's so awesome! We are practically learning the same materials.
Don't you love how thought provoking and deep the CORE classes are?! Wow i'm so shocked that you are in CORE as well. I've never met anyone from core that is out of my school. Have you taken your philosophy class yet because that is my alltime favorite class. Hurray for CORE kids!  ;D

Did you know that there were other schools with Humanities CORE?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 03:07:20 AM by Sanhlami »

endurancekarmatiffany

« Reply #625 on: September 17, 2008, 09:02:18 AM »
No, I didn't!

^hahaha wow! This is so cool. So we're basically learning the same curriculum just at different schools? Haha yes definitely! I love how the classes make you think in a different way. It really makes you have to ponder under the surface of everything. I've never met anyone taking core out of my school either! No, I wish I could take philosophy. It sounds like something I would really like but my school doesn't offer it :(

What type of weather do you like?

Namaste

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
« Reply #626 on: September 17, 2008, 02:54:26 PM »
i like chilly (45-60 degrees F) cloudy autumn weather.

have you ever had an ethics class?   (i want to)
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

• http://www.teddyblass.com
« Reply #627 on: September 17, 2008, 03:52:36 PM »
Advanced Ethics in Science & Technology

Great class. Talked a lot about ethics in general, and ethics in cyber-technology.

What is one talent you don't have that you wish you had?

endurancekarmatiffany

« Reply #628 on: September 17, 2008, 05:26:54 PM »
I'm not sure this is so much a talent as a gift, but I really wish I had an amazing singing voice like one of my friends. Her singing voice is absolutely gorgeous and to-die-for.

Have you ever dyed your hair?

Sanhlami

• Email
« Reply #629 on: September 17, 2008, 07:07:58 PM »
not permanently. I used electric blue dye gel for a couple of Halloweens. Permanently dying my hair is a little to crazy for me. I would look like a guy straight out of a anime.

Where do you see yourself in 20 years?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 07:23:58 PM by Sanhlami »