Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 178

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 183

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 184

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 220

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 223

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 235

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 250

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 268
Interview your fellow forumers

Author Topic: Interview your fellow forumers  (Read 204845 times)

Namaste

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
Re: Interview your fellow forumers
« Reply #1125 on: November 01, 2008, 05:51:03 PM »
English..it's sucha twisted up molten mix of so many languages and backgrounds that all kind of meld into one crazy semi-accepted pattern of recognizable speech..it's still pretty early in its evolution really and it's constantly changing rules, but it spreads like wildfire, and it adapts..it continues to assimilate whatever language is aound it.

what do you do for a living?
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

ACDCguy

• The Happening

« Reply #1126 on: November 01, 2008, 11:04:06 PM »
Currently I'm a student but I'm an artist so my career will be something art related.

^ I agree with you. English is a weird language. English is an Anglo-Frisain, Western Germanic language, close to German. But 41% of the English vocabulary is of French origin. And french is a Romance (unrelated to the mood/setting) language close to Spanish and Italian. Only 33% of the vocabulary is native English which makes Fench the back bone of the English vocabulary. Every year more words are added to the English language even made up words like J.K. Rowling's "Muggle", which means (in the dictionary): Someone ignorant to a subject. And from The Simpsons, Homer's catch-frase "D'oh" which means: Angry grunt. And many other language build up the English language too like Latin, and scandinavian languages, most notably Danish (which scandinavian languages are Northern Germanic languages). This language is very odd and is one of the hardest language to learn.

Have you ever tried to make up your own language?

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #1127 on: November 02, 2008, 05:57:20 AM »
lol, i've never gone so far as to make up my own language, but i do make up my own words according to the rules of the language i'm speaking (it's usually more necessary in spanish than in english though.)

are you proficient in any fictional language? (ie klingon, elvish, etc)
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Erik

• Personal Text
    d'oh!
« Reply #1128 on: November 02, 2008, 04:30:05 PM »
Yes, I know a little German. (;D)

Shall we stop asking questions about languages?
We can breath in space,
they just don't want us to escape...

ACDCguy

• The Happening

« Reply #1129 on: November 02, 2008, 09:11:49 PM »
No we shall never stop asking questions about languages  ;D
Maybe after the topic gets old  ;D :P

How many langages do you know?

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #1130 on: November 02, 2008, 11:49:22 PM »
^How is german a fictional language? lol

I speak/read/write english and spanish fluently, but I can read portuguese pretty well and have a decent eye for most romance languages.

how many different languages have you learned by living in other countries, besides the one in which you were born?

Erik

• Personal Text
    d'oh!
« Reply #1131 on: November 03, 2008, 08:35:11 AM »
^How is german a fictional language? lol
This is a joke, we're used to pick on the Belgians, but since they're speaking Dutch or French, it was not an option to use them. But we make fun of the Germans too. The real answer to the question is no, I don't speak fictional languages.

how many different languages have you learned by living in other countries, besides the one in which you were born?
None. I've never lived in an other country then The Netherlands.

What is/was your favorite subject in school?
We can breath in space,

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #1132 on: November 03, 2008, 10:19:54 AM »
Marketing (and other related classes) because I was really good at it and got paid trips to go show off how good i was around the state and country lol

same question: what was/is your favorite subject?

ACDCguy

• The Happening

« Reply #1133 on: November 03, 2008, 07:33:13 PM »
Art, Science, and Spanish.

Has your school ever cut elective classes for alternate required testing classes?
(Ex: Dropping art, band, and drama for extra manditory language arts, Reading, and Math.)

My school wants to do something like that. If it happens than my class schedule next year will look like:

Manditory: Algebra 2
Manditory: Intergaded Science 2
Manditory: American History
Manditory: English 3
Manditory: Reading
Manditory: Language Arts
Oppional (one and only one elective period): Spanish 3 (what I chose)

That means next year Freshman (9th), and Sophmores (10th) will get no oppional classes. Juniors (11th) only one. And seniors (12th) only two maybe three.

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #1134 on: November 03, 2008, 10:35:13 PM »
Yeah..there's public school for ya..Don't worry..this govt won't be in power much longer.

Erik

• Personal Text
    d'oh!
« Reply #1135 on: November 04, 2008, 07:37:10 AM »
Are you going to watch the Mtv Europe awards?
We can breath in space,

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #1136 on: November 04, 2008, 01:36:09 PM »
I dont watch mtv  O_o  never have (intentionally), never will. Also I don't much care for awards shows.

Did you notice erik didnt answer acdcguy's question?

ACDCguy

• The Happening

« Reply #1137 on: November 04, 2008, 03:23:53 PM »
Yes I did notice  ;D

So is anybody going to answer it?

ducky

• Personal Text
    uh huh... idiot.
    • Email
« Reply #1138 on: November 05, 2008, 01:57:02 PM »
I will answer it, since Erik is silly.
No, I haven't heard of my school doing anything like that.

Do you get on this site at school or work?

Erik

• Personal Text
    d'oh!
« Reply #1139 on: November 05, 2008, 04:19:22 PM »
Yes. I was on it at school today!

Name one reason, besides not answering AC/DCguy's question, why I am silly ;D
We can breath in space,