In Signs. Are the aliens really hostile?

Author Topic: In Signs. Are the aliens really hostile?  (Read 10709 times)

Rohan

• Global Moderator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• nightwriter22
In Signs. Are the aliens really hostile?
« on: April 23, 2008, 04:32:28 PM »
I was thinking if they are really hostile. You know, in the corn fields at night they could attach Graham and kill him. They never did, just scared him.

And also they didn't use weapons cause they thought if they use their weapons, human will use nuclear weapons and earth would be useless to them. I think they were not hostile. Just wanted to harvest our planet. In the meantime, they are spooked too by our presense in the cities and towns.

The crop circles make sense, they are probably making those to either navigate later on or probably a message for human on earth. The communication problem is that they are the only ones understands the meaning of those crop circles and we don't.

That's I want to gather all the pictures from  the internet specially crop circles from all over the world and study them to see if there is any sign or meaning to them. Freaking, M.Night. He is a genius.

In the movie they are releasing a toxic gas for their own safety and unfortunately humans happened to be sensitive towards it. When officer explains the story about the lady spitting and a guy fighting for not having his favorite cigarette in the vending machine, that must be they are getting paranoid and possibility of toxic gas affecting them. It does affect Houdini the dog too in the beginning when he pees and dies, cause the dog probably smelled the crops or at night prabably one of those Aliens encountered.

Rohan

Unbroken

Re: In Signs. Are the aliens really hostile?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 05:17:38 PM »
The aliens were hostile.

If you listen closer when Merrill is listening to the radio, it says the aliens came to harvest US. I think the man also mentions people being gassed and dragged off by the aliens. All in all, it wasn't a misunderstanding; the aliens came to kill. And eat.

--- What you have to ask yourself is what kind of person are you? Are you the kind that sees signs, miracles? Or do you believe that some people just get lucky? Let me put it to you this way... Is it possible that there are no coincidences? ---

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 09:19:33 PM »
oh wow!... that make sense.

Erik

• Personal Text
    d'oh!
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 05:23:09 AM »
It is all explained in the movie.

-They didn't kill Graham, because they where scouts. They where not ment to kill anyone, they are only on the lookout (The army general comes with that theory)
-They didn't use weapons because than we would use our nuclear weapons and the whole planet would be useless (Graham's son comes with that theory, which he read in the book)
We can breath in space,
they just don't want us to escape...

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 08:47:09 AM »
Yes, I think they were hostile, due to reasons already stated on this thread.  Just watch Signs again, but pay attention to the little details that pop, people on TV, the radio, that kind of thing.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2008, 06:53:46 PM »
cool, I have seen Signs about 25 times,  trust me 25 and every time I learn something new from it. lol

Rohan

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2008, 08:47:40 AM »
I know, that's what I love about Night's movies, you watch them again and again, and every time you learn something new, that's the mark of a great director.

MrStone

• LITW

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2008, 07:08:20 PM »
I know, that's what I love about Night's movies, you watch them again and again, and every time you learn something new, that's the mark of a great director.

i also like how you experience the same emotions everytime.  I get goosebumps at the end of signs EVERY single time.  I truly wish/hope that one day i can write something that complete.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2008, 07:57:54 AM »
I know, at the end, you get that tingle down your back, when you realise what's going on.  Night is a master of emotion and understands human character.

marco

• Personal Text
    "Look! A circle!" - "Yeah...what's the problem?"
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2008, 11:22:19 AM »
And that (with other things,too) makes the difference between a horror movie and a Shyamalan one.
"Welcome to The Cove"

Fate

• Praying with Anger

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2008, 03:39:15 PM »
Signs is my fave shyamalan film. easily. No matter how many times i watch it i never get tired of the film. i find it incredibly creepy, when i first watched it it really scared me (especially the birthday party scene) i still find it creepy now of course, but i also realise that theres so much more to this, and his other works.
Do you know what the scariest thing is? To not know your place in this world, to not know why you're here.

ALF

• The Village

• Email
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2008, 07:15:50 AM »
I love the atmosphere of this film, how the fear because of the arrival of the aliens grows at the same time the film goes on.
I remember I was so scared as the characters when the time is coming and they have to stay at home and close evry door and window to not let the aliens get into.
I just love it because I think this movie shows exactly how men would feel if there was a real invasion.

I like aliens films, but this is my favourite because it was realistic, about how our world change and our problems get smaller when something so big like this happens.
Dame Nature moves in Strange Ways

Namaste

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2008, 02:23:12 AM »
Yeah thats like saying "europeans weren't hostile to africans, they just wanted to enslave them and they only were violent when the africans wouldnt cooperate" haha and i just got erik's signature: "we saw the SIGNS, we (sixth) SENSEed it, and now its HAPPENING"

I see the world, Lucious..tell Merill to see the happening  ;D

See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Prince111

• The Village

• Email
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2009, 09:31:56 PM »

You're right...that's why I go through longs periods of time in between watching M. Night's movies, because they're kind of like reading Shakespeare in the since that they're so complexed and detailed, filled with countless layers of imagery and thought.  It takes a lot out of me to watch his movies, for that reason.

dana

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2009, 10:21:26 AM »
Rohan.  Would a hostile alien hug you?

Lone ago I was a Kappa Delta.  They say our blood runs green.

I know.  It don't make no sense, but somehow, yes.  It does.

They have called the red man red.  The red man nods his head.