My fave

Author Topic: My fave  (Read 3951 times)

the_sorcerer

• The Village

• Email
My fave
« on: April 28, 2008, 08:24:19 AM »
I'm sure this has already been addressed, but every time I think about all of Shyamalan's movies, this one always stands out to me.  IMO it's, by far, his most original and involving script, it just sucks me in every time I watch it. I just wanted to know what y'all thought because, despite how much I love his other films, this one just always strikes a nerve with me, as I'm sure it does other comic book nerds.
Damn! If it's gonna be that kinda party, Ima have to put ma dick in tha mashed potatas!

Mr_Glass.1

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Email
Re: My fave
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 08:38:00 AM »
I love, but I also love comic books, as far as film quality goes it is also really good.  Even my brother, who did not like the way it was filmed, he felt it was too slow, still thought it was the best screenplay of his films.  Though it is definately his most cult following film.  It definately strikes a nerve with me.  By the way the_sorcerer, what type of comic books do you read.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

Erik

• Personal Text
    d'oh!
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 10:17:57 AM »
I'm not really into comics, but I love Unbreakable.
The movie is like the only one which I can watch a day after the last time I watched it. It never bores me. (I don't watch it that much, 'cause I'm affraid that I will get tired of it someday :P)
We can breath in space,
they just don't want us to escape...

villager

• The Sixth Sense

• My youtube channel
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2008, 04:07:38 PM »
This is probaby one of my favorite M. Night movies. I really like comic books and movies based from them. Unbreakable is pretty original and the way it follows the original movie storyboards for the film is really nice.

This is probably a little slower than the other M. Night films but the cenimatography and color gives the movie a clean look. The story is pretty good too.
Well do have him come forward.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2008, 08:44:12 AM »
I really like it, and I agree with villager, the cinematography is amazing.  What comic books do you read the_sorcerer and villager.  A lot of people that I know say it's biggest problem is that it's slow.  But I think everything else in the movie makes up for that, though I don't think it's that slow.

villager

• The Sixth Sense

• My youtube channel
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2008, 09:30:38 AM »
I like Spider-Man, The Incredible Hulk, Fantastic 4, some Iron Man comics. X-Men, Batman, Superman, Captain America, Avengers. Spider-Man would probably be my favorite comic book hero. The Adventures of Tintin if that counts.

The movie is kind of slow, but like you said everything else makes up for that. I think the pace of it also gives it a mystery feel to the movie. I watched this movie the other day and just noticed that the football player that Joseph was playing football with was the same person that lady (Kelly) was talking about on the train in the first scene.
Well do have him come forward.

the_sorcerer

• The Village

• Email
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2008, 07:49:55 AM »
haha i knew i shouldnt have said "comic nerd" because I'm not an avid collecter or anything, I just enjoy them.  I grew up on the X-men, spiderman, batman, the norms.  my favorite comic of all time (i dont really know why, but i just love it) is called "batman vs. predator" haha
Damn! If it's gonna be that kinda party, Ima have to put ma dick in tha mashed potatas!

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2008, 08:48:08 AM »
I don't know if I qualify yet for comic book nerd, though I do own most of the comics from the Marvel Ultimate Universe, my favorite are the X-Men, in fact the X-Men movies are what got me interested in them.  I actually have a friend who did some background art for the new Batman series titled Hush. 

MrStone

• LITW

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2008, 07:11:11 PM »
i own this dvd...and i really like it.  i prefer signs tho.  The only thing that I thought was disappointing..was that it was too easy to overcome Mr. Glass...but i know that wasnt the point. 

i watched the behind the scenes, and night says that he was actually writing a different story all together, but really liked the first act...so he turned the whole movie into David Dunn discovering who he was.

It would be interesting to see the rest of the story play out...

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2008, 07:56:00 AM »
I know, even if he never makes the other two parts of the story, I would at least like to see the script.

Unbreakable888

• Wide Awake

• Email
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2008, 11:49:10 PM »
You can see the script of Unbreakable online.

http://www.dailyscript.com/scripts/unbreakable.html