Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 178

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 183

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 184

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 220

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 223

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 235

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 250

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 268
First TV spot confirms R rating!

Author Topic: First TV spot confirms R rating!  (Read 6519 times)

joecartoon131

• Wide Awake

First TV spot confirms R rating!
« on: May 01, 2008, 08:25:26 PM »
CBS seems to be running the first TV spot for The Happening. I heard it played during Survivor earlier tonight and I just caught it during CSI. At the end the trailer voice confirms the film is rated R (as we've known all along, but now it's official!) Some new footage was seen, but I'd have to see it again to list it. I do recall seeing Mark, Zooey, and Ashlyn alone in a field (perhaps kneeling down?)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 08:27:22 PM by joecartoon131 »
Fate Won't Let You Hide Forever

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• http://www.teddyblass.com
Re: First TV spot confirms R rating!
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 08:28:42 PM »
I was just informed it aired during Grey's Anatomy also.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 08:41:39 PM »
This is a good news. I really want to watch it.

Rohan

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 09:25:10 PM »
Looks like we can add LOST to the list of shows it aired during.

That makes 4 of Thursday nights biggest shows! Looks like 20th Century Fox is doing pretty good with the marketing plan.

Sanford

• The Avatar

• Black Lightning
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2008, 12:02:39 AM »
Watch it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVseAuL9wzw before it gets taken off!

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2008, 03:20:08 PM »
I'm so glad they're putting lots of effort into advertising it.  I also heard in the tv spot that it was R.  Did the main page say it was going to air in front of Iron Man, I'll see, I'm watching that tonight.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2008, 03:29:43 PM »
I'm so glad they're putting lots of effort into advertising it.  I also heard in the tv spot that it was R.  Did the main page say it was going to air in front of Iron Man, I'll see, I'm watching that tonight.

I am watching IRONMAN tonight as well, I hope they have the trailer attach to it. It depends on the theatres if they want to trailer attached in front of "Iron Man"

Rohan

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2008, 08:46:03 AM »
They did, the lastest The Happening trailer was attached to Iron Man, very good trailer, and in front of what will be a hugely popular movie, smart move.

Lifeordeath1

• Email
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2008, 02:46:57 PM »
A very very smart move!  It made 100 mill. on the first weekend!  And 200 mill. first weekend world wide!  Im not sure, and I dont think so, but is that a record? 
"My biggest fear in life is to be average."
      M. Night Shyamalan

Sanford

• The Avatar

• Black Lightning
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2008, 04:00:33 PM »
It's the second largest opening ever for a non-sequel (Spider-Man 1 holds that record) and it has the tenth largest grossing opening of all time, which is still pretty impressive.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2008, 08:46:31 PM »
IronMan is rocking in the box office. What a smart move from 20th Century fox.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2008, 08:44:05 AM »
Yea, that movie might be the most succesful of the year, though it has some serious competition.  And everybody who gets there early is going to see a Happening preview.  Great advertising.

DILinator

• The Happening

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2008, 03:30:55 PM »
It is great that Iron Man's success should help The Happening get itself out there.  However, considering that The Incredible Hulk also will have the same benefit, it minimizes the impact some.  Still, I imagine the "Hulk" movie already was fairly well known, while The Happening may have been less in people's conciousness.  So if that is the case, this was a very good boon to the film!
"See what you have to ask yourself is what kind of person are you? Are you the kind that sees signs, sees miracles? Or do you believe that people just get lucky?"

I'm a "Signs" person.

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2008, 04:15:14 PM »
Let me be the devil's advocate for a moment. The Lady in the Water teaser debuted with Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire which grossed just under $300 million back in 2005, and Lady only opened with $18 million at the box office.

Sanford

• The Avatar

• Black Lightning
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2008, 07:52:20 PM »
I see where you're coming from, but that was also a vague trailer and came out a good nine months before the film itself does. The new Happening trailer gives a little more away, but not too much, and comes out only next month. Maybe that'll make a difference.