Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 178

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 183

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 184

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 220

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 223

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 235

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 250

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 268
First TV spot confirms R rating!

Author Topic: First TV spot confirms R rating!  (Read 6445 times)

Rohan

• Global Moderator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• nightwriter22
Re: First TV spot confirms R rating!
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2008, 08:41:03 PM »
Guys, but the reality is that "Lady In The Water" is not "The Happening" or "The Happening" is not Lady In The Water. I love Lady In The Water, its creative and way better than Eli Roth's Hostel or any movie that came out "Lady In The Water". I can tell you that its even better than any Harry Potter movie.

Rohan

Lifeordeath1

• Email
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2008, 09:19:23 PM »
THE HAPPENING   ::) ::)
"My biggest fear in life is to be average."
      M. Night Shyamalan

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2008, 08:54:45 AM »
Dr Malcom Crowe has a good point though, what we need to do is advertise it ourselves also, try and get more people to go see it.  Plus, it was at the beginning of a bunch of good previews, so some people might have forgotten.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

Sanford

• The Avatar

• Black Lightning
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2008, 10:53:24 AM »
Actually, I have been promoting it myself a bit. I post it on bulletins on my myspace constantly, and last week we showed an independent film of ours http://youtube.com/watch?v=OrZ4L60FRZo that we had worked on for months, and put trailers in front of it, and The Happening was the last trailer I picked to show in front of it. And about 135 people wound up going to see our film, so that's 135 that now know about The Happening, and a lot of people really seemed interested in it. We're showing another one there next week that we made and I'll probably put the new trailer in front of it if the HD version exists by then.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2008, 03:02:11 PM »
Same here, I am advertising the movie as well. I have a facebook group.

Rohan

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2008, 08:53:47 AM »
This is just about the only site I visit where I can advertise it, and that's kind of pointless.  Way to go Rohan and Sanford.

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

• http://www.teddyblass.com
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2008, 10:14:49 AM »
We should start a 'street team' and do some guerrilla marketing type stuff.  :P

DILinator

• The Happening

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2008, 10:30:42 AM »
In both of the other online message forums (one sports-related, the other amusement-park related) I frequent I have advertisment for "The Happening" in my signature.  I've had a few comments and questions about it already, and the feedback has been positive.
"See what you have to ask yourself is what kind of person are you? Are you the kind that sees signs, sees miracles? Or do you believe that people just get lucky?"

I'm a "Signs" person.

Sanford

• The Avatar

• Black Lightning
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2008, 01:41:12 PM »
For my senior prank this year I was thinking about spray-painting the first poster for The Dark Knight (the one with the Jokers face on a brick wall in paint) on one of the walls at my school, but I should take some green spray paint and put "M. Night Shyamalan's The Happening; Friday the 13th; June" instead. That'd be funny.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2008, 02:25:23 PM »
We should start a 'street team' and do some guerrilla marketing type stuff.  :P

Any ideas, I would love to do it.

Rohan

Dr Malcolm Crowe

• Global Moderator

• http://www.teddyblass.com
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2008, 02:47:03 PM »
I was thinking of a couple things.

1) We could make up some shirts that say The Happening on the front. On the back it says In theaters: Friday the 13th - June 2008

2) Print up some cool looking flyers and post them around your college campus, work, etc. Maybe even hand em out?

3) Get some chalk and write The Happening in theaters Friday the 13th - June 2008 on sidewalks around campus', etc.

I don't know. This is stuff I was thinking of as I work up this morning, so my brain wasn't at full speed yet.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2008, 08:10:41 AM »
Interesting ideas, I'd definately be up for the t-shirts idea.

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2008, 09:08:11 PM »
saw it on TV last night, thought it was really cool. Here is the link

http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/05/02/new-television-spot-for-m-night-shyamalans-the-happening/