The Sixth Sense Sequel or Unbreakable?

Author Topic: The Sixth Sense Sequel or Unbreakable?  (Read 7713 times)

Rohan

• Global Moderator
  • Futuristic (After Earth)

• nightwriter22
The Sixth Sense Sequel or Unbreakable?
« on: May 02, 2008, 02:26:44 PM »
I love all of this movies. I really want to see a sequel to Unbreakable. Bruce willis brought it up several times in his interviews before that he also wants to see or work in the sequel. I want a sequel to Unbreakable badly.

The Sixth Sense I think can also be made into a nice sequel. The character cole is awesome.

I want M.Night to direct the sequels if ever it happens.

Rohan

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
Re: The Sixth Sense Sequel or Unbreakable?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 03:25:37 PM »
I would prefer the Unbreakable sequel over The Sixth Sense sequel, just because I think it segues better, would lead to a better story, and it's a comic book.  Though a sequel to The Sixth Sense wouldn't be bad either.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

Erik

• Personal Text
    d'oh!
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2008, 03:49:51 PM »
My opinion about Nights movies is that there shouldn't be any sequels at all (Except Avatar, that's a different story 'cause they are already planning a trilogy before shooting it)
If you ask me, a sequel is more like a rip-off of the first movie. The first one was a succes, so the second one will be too. Most of the sequels aren't as good as the first one. I don't want to see Night making a sequel that isn't as good as the first one.

Besides that, all of Night's movies are unique. Everytime I watch them, I just get sucked into the story. A sequel just won't do for me. Let's all leave the past movies behind and let Night make more unique movies!
We can breath in space,
they just don't want us to escape...

Unbroken

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2008, 04:54:28 PM »
A sequel for Unbreakable would be great. I don't know about The Sixth Sense though...

I've done a lot of thinking about the themes in Unbreakable, and how everything could come full circle.

How would you guys feel about a comic book series for Unbreakable, if the artwork was done really well? I think I'd like it as long as M. Night was influential behind it.

- It's alright to be afraid, David. Because this part won't be anything like a comic book. Real life doesn't fit into little boxes that were drawn for it. -

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2008, 08:59:52 AM »
I would love to see a comic book of it, but unfortunately I don't think that will happen.

DILinator

• The Happening

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2008, 03:36:40 PM »
I think Unbreakable almost demands a sequel, and having one would likely increase my appreciation for the first movie as well.  As it stands, my feelings about Unbreakable are lower because it feels like an imcomplete story, like we only saw the first half of a much bigger tale.  Sure, it was the origin story, just like all superhero movies have, but with no fullfillment of the promise the original had, it loses some of it's luster, at least in my opinion.  I'm not sure if Shyamalan ever planned to have a sequel, but I would love it if he did expand on the story, and would like Unbreakable better as a result.
"See what you have to ask yourself is what kind of person are you? Are you the kind that sees signs, sees miracles? Or do you believe that people just get lucky?"

I'm a "Signs" person.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2008, 08:58:41 AM »
I think Night had hoped to make a sequel, maybe even a trilogy, but when Unbreakble didn't do so well at the box office he wen't on to another film.

Erik

• Personal Text
    d'oh!
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2008, 09:46:35 AM »
I don't think that Unbreakable was planned to be more than one movie. I've found an early draft of the script which indicates that David Dunn doesn't want to be a superhero after he saw what Elijah did.

The script can be found here:
http://imsdb.com/scripts/Unbreakable.html

Some small changes that I found: Joseph is called Jeremy, the scene where David shows Joseph the newspaper is missing and the ending is slightly different with a little less explaination about the 'villain'.
We can breath in space,
they just don't want us to escape...

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2008, 07:43:16 PM »
I was thinking about this and that lead me to post this topic about it. I badly want to see a sequel and again its also true that every Night movie is a unique film. The Sixth Sense sequel would not be the one that everyone wants to see.

And speaking of a comic book for "Unbreakable", I think what they can do is to release a new DVD with a all new comic book.

The sequel for Unbreakable will rock.

Rohan

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2008, 09:00:31 AM »
I agree that it would be great, if it ever got made, which is unlikely.

FoxxyMama

• Wide Awake

• Email
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2008, 03:06:34 AM »
i think that it would be a great idea for Shyamalan, instead of immediatly making a movie...write the books and see how that goes....a different approach could help him out and bring in a wider audience
"Whats furry furry rabbit?"
"Its a game isn't it?"