Best deleted scenes

Author Topic: Best deleted scenes  (Read 8831 times)

Erik

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Personal Text
    d'oh!
Best deleted scenes
« on: May 02, 2008, 03:55:23 PM »
Hey there,

On most of Nights DVDs are deleted scenes from the movie included. Wich one of them do you think is the best and should be in the real movie?

I'll go for 2 scenes in signs. The first one is very short, when Graham, Merril and the kids are returning from the town, they drive by a dead bird with his head smashed. (He flew against one of those U.F.O.'s)
The second one is when the aliens enter the house on the upper floor. Graham and Merril forgotten about that one, so they put a closet in front of the hatch.

I'd put the first one in it, just to let the people see that 'they' are nearby, the second one just for the action!
We can breath in space,
they just don't want us to escape...

Unbroken

Re: Best deleted scenes
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 05:05:51 PM »
There are very few deleted scenes that I'm okay with not being in the movies. Most of them are amazing!

I really liked the deleted scene in The Sixth Sense when Cole is playing with the soldiers, and begins crying when Malcom asks about them.

The sequence at the fair with young Elijah in Unbreakable is another great one; but I understand why it didn't get put in the movie.

I agree with those you mentioned in Signs.

I don't remember many from The Village or Lady in the Water. I'll have to look back again.

joecartoon131

• Wide Awake

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2008, 07:22:53 AM »
Unbreakable - The scene when Elijah (as a boy) rides the tilt-o-whirl (when he notices the stuffed animals that were to be his cushions are on the floor you just know something bad is going to happen to him).

Signs - "Alien in the Attic and The Third Story," I like that Merrell got a story, about when Graham broke his arm and now apologizes for it.

The Village - "The Ghost Story"(?) where Nickelson tells Lucius and Noah about when the creatures attacked and killed his brother.

Lady in the Water - not a specific scene, but I wish they had included more butterfly shots (like in the trailers) which would have further supported that Cleveland was the one drawing them near. Perhaps Night saw it as too much of a giveaway...?
Fate Won't Let You Hide Forever

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 08:39:23 AM »
I'm not sure, I'll have to go back through and watch them, though the ones already mentioned are good.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2008, 02:47:53 PM »
Alien in the attic scene. Is awesome.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 07:25:11 PM »
Definately one of the top deleted scenes.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

wiivo

• Wide Awake

• Email
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2008, 12:04:53 PM »
I hate to go on about it but all my fave deleted scenes are of all the suicides in The Happening. The UK cut sucks, I cant wait to get a hold of the US version on dvd.

Wags

• The Happening

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2008, 04:38:49 PM »
I wished they had kept the scene in Lady in the Water where Cleveland is explaining it to everyone, and Mr Dury (sp?) says something like "a bedtime story?" and the smokers say "are the 3 little pigs real too?"  It was funny, but also sort of added a bit f hesitance on the tenant's part, rather than just jumping in to the madness.

theos

• Wide Awake

• Email
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2008, 03:40:49 AM »
My favorite is the one where Ivy is standing by the tree in the forest with all the tubes making horrible noises. Then she starts shouting 'It is for love that I'm here!!!' and the noises stop.
I was very disappointed that it wasn't in the movie. I pretty much understand why he deleted most of the other deleted scenes from all the movies (breaking tone or rythm) but this one... I think it should have been there.

Namaste

• Personal Text
    The divine in me bows before the divine in you.
    • myspace
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2008, 01:03:13 PM »
Yeah I definitely agree with theos.."pipes" would be my number one favorite deleted scene that should have been included..if it wasnt in the right place, i think it could have been moved.

Also I think the dead bird scene should have been in Signs. I mean come on..its like 10 seconds long. I will concede, however that it would have taken away from the suspense of the "last meal" scene where we werent really 100% sure if the aliens would come to their house.
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Erin

• Signs

• The Future is Unwritten
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2008, 06:36:16 AM »
I think the best deleted scenes were the ones from Signs because they bring something in the story : for the instance the scene where you can see the bird on the road, the flash-back with the wife dancing and with her baby ...

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2008, 12:36:40 PM »
Erin, that's a great picture! I think im gonna steal it hehehaha
See the villain's larger eyes insinuating a just-off-normal perspective on how they see the world? I see signs Lucius Hunt; just not as you see dead people. I am so very happy we saw..each other, and no I will not tell you what color love is. Stop asking.

Erin

• Signs

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2008, 02:25:24 PM »
steal it ?

Namaste

• Personal Text
    • myspace
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2008, 02:39:53 PM »
Yeah..im putting it in my collection of shyamalan movie pix  ;D

Erin

• Signs

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2008, 03:03:58 PM »
I thought you were talking about the DVD itself lol

But I don't like the deleted scenes fom Lady in the water, they are not very useful for the story I think :)