Writers FAQ

Author Topic: Writers FAQ  (Read 5370 times)

Erik

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Personal Text
    d'oh!
Re: Writers FAQ
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2008, 10:39:48 AM »
Alright, I will be using them for myself, but only a few times. I used to use them everytime before I used something like 'INT. LIVING ROOM - MORNING'. Now I only use them when there is a real time jump or difference in distance. (I don't use them from the bedroom to living room anymore, but from school to home)

Thanks for the advise!
We can breath in space,
they just don't want us to escape...

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2008, 12:09:13 PM »
Yes, I love this website, it's got lots of nice people with helpful advice.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

Rohan

• Global Moderator

• nightwriter22
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2008, 03:18:51 PM »
Yes, I love this website, it's got lots of nice people with helpful advice.

I agree with you.... lots of nice and cool people here.

Rohan

Erik

• Personal Text
    d'oh!
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2008, 05:18:06 AM »
Alright, now I need some real help.

I finished my first full length screenplay (89 pages) called 'Hysteria'. Now I'm gonna try to get someone to notice me. How? Should I send it to a production company? Should I contact them first before sending it? etc. etc.

My script is in Dutch, but the setting is American (The movie won't have the good effect if it was made in Holland).

So...what should I do?
We can breath in space,
they just don't want us to escape...

Sanford

• The Avatar

• Black Lightning
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2008, 10:47:35 AM »
Well, I just got done reading The Man Who Heard Voices and what I gathered from that is how Shyamalan sold his Sixth Sense script was he hired an agent who contacted all the major studios and sent the script to them. Agents cost a little money, but they make everything a lot easier. Another way is to go to film festivals and meet and impress producers and get their numbers. But probably the easiest way would be to get an agent. I've never sold a script before (I plan on doing so later this year) so I'm not for sure what the most effective way to get one sold is. But good luck!

MrStone

• LITW

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2008, 06:15:09 PM »
Alright, now I need some real help.

I finished my first full length screenplay (89 pages) called 'Hysteria'. Now I'm gonna try to get someone to notice me. How? Should I send it to a production company? Should I contact them first before sending it? etc. etc.

My script is in Dutch, but the setting is American (The movie won't have the good effect if it was made in Holland).

So...what should I do?

...first of all, i would translate it to english if you want to sell it here.  then i would get an agent before sending it to a production company...

most prod. companies will tell you they only read scripts submitted by a writer's agent..

good luck!