Auditions

Author Topic: Auditions  (Read 396431 times)

tahnee503

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• My Youtube Profile!
    • Email
Auditions
« on: May 09, 2008, 11:36:42 AM »
I contacted Paramount Pictures about a week ago and asked them about the auditions they passed me onto the person who is supposed to have some info on the casting calls/auditions she told me that she had no idea when they were but that they were being done somewhere in New York by an independent casting director I called a few directors and companies but with number of Agencies and Directors I don't think that the list will ever end, eventually I gave up since it takes too long and there are not many chances of finding the person so I wouldn't try going with that option to find the auditions also logically the director can move from country to state to find unknowns so anyway he or she might not even be in New York :-\
I have seen a few people on forums saying that they were supposedly mailing Kevin Huvane of Creative Artists Agencies but what they didn't know is that it is probably and maybe sure that this email is a fake as a few other people called up the CAA and they clearly stated that they did not accept resumes and auditions just like that... I do not recommend that you send any of your personal details to this email :-[ Anyways I like probably lots of people have run out of ideas to find the actual auditions if anyone has called up any agencies, has any   info, knows something, anything just a tiny peace of info or tips to what we should do please feel free to post ;)

Alana1991

Re: Auditions
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 02:13:48 PM »
Thanks for the info...I ran out of breath just reading it. :p...Yeah, I'm a bit skeptic of the email right now, hopefully I will find some good info so I can let you all know. Thanks a lot, that's realy cool you've recieved that much info. mcuh appreciated.

-}Zuko{-InMask-}

• Praying with Anger

• Email
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 02:48:01 PM »
Maybe we should try to talk with M Night Shyamalan ;D
I'm seriously.....

happyelectrons

• Personal Text
    made by frozen
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2008, 05:18:35 PM »
aw man this is definetly terrible. i'm afraid any day now they are gonna announce so and so's been cast and there would never had been a chance for the great ppl for the role who don't have representation. I mean if you called and called and still no leads there's really nothing left to do but hope that independent casting director will come forward with open castings. hey there's always that chance.

Alana1991

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2008, 07:53:26 PM »
We'll just keep hoping/praying or whatever. It'd be awesome to talk to Mnight, -}Zuko{-InMask-}, but that may be hard to do...sigh, if it was only that easy.  It is possible, I really Hope that at least one of you guys (hopefully quite a few of you guys) gets somewhere...
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 07:55:59 PM by Alana1991 »

tahnee503

• My Youtube Profile!
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2008, 05:56:29 AM »
I have to call back an agency in Philadelphia after the happening comes out because they have worked with M. Night for practically all of his films including the latest one so lets keep our hopes up ;)

Alana1991

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2008, 07:06:58 AM »
Oh, Cool! Thank you...
If you don't mind, can you give out the number or PM it or something? If Calling the agency won't work for me, I'd like to try that one also.  ;) (you don't have to though)

tahnee503

• My Youtube Profile!
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2008, 07:09:20 AM »
This is the site of the agency the number is on the contact page ;)
http://heerycasting.com/index.php
There is also a site with castings listed it is called backstage and I would check that everyday :D

Alana1991

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2008, 07:11:34 AM »
Oh, cool! Thanks again. :D

That site is pretty neat. I've just looked through it.

tahnee503

• My Youtube Profile!
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2008, 07:12:32 AM »
Your welcome :D Btw what methods have you already tried to find the casting?

Alana1991

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2008, 07:22:50 AM »
Well, this site 8)
Also attempting to find good sites on Creative Artists agency, which lead to the contact info which I  will call them as soon as I can; my mom might try that too...if that wont work, I'm gonna write and attempt fax them (I need to go somewhere to do that)... I've emailed that one "audition" thing a question to test it out, which isn't working so I'm skeptic about the accuracy of it. And, I've been trying to google up anything that gives me god and useful news...but that part isn't working too great for me, guesssing I'm  being terrible at googling. I've also tried to use IMDB, but last time I checked, they have nothing on this film. :-\ Not the greatest stuff, but I'm trying.

tahnee503

• My Youtube Profile!
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2008, 07:26:08 AM »
The first thing I did was to call the creative arstists agency but the person who answered the phone said that he had never heard of the movie before then I actually managed to find Kevin Huvanes contact phone (his receptionist or something like) but he told me that M.Night was not a regular client...

tahnee503

• My Youtube Profile!
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2008, 10:40:45 AM »
Which character would you audition for?

Alana1991

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2008, 01:59:11 PM »
Oh...well, i'll try anyways, and the Philly adrress...thanks for the heads up. :)

Well I'm hoping to go for Azula...then maybe Suki. I thought about Katara, but I'm still unsure on her. I heard my TyLee isn't bad though. ::) I know it's a lot...mainly Azula, the others are my other options. ;D
« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 02:01:45 PM by Alana1991 »

tahnee503

• My Youtube Profile!
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2008, 03:35:20 PM »
So you try all ;) thats not a bad plan if one doesn't fit the other might :D anyways do you have any ideas what we should do next if they aren't holding the casting?