Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 178

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 183

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 184

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 220

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 223

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 235

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 250

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 268
Auditions

Author Topic: Auditions  (Read 481324 times)

happyelectrons

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Personal Text
    made by frozen
Re: Auditions
« Reply #60 on: May 11, 2008, 07:17:39 PM »
I think we should call the Vineyard Theatre casting number soon as possible also. Today being Sunday and I don't get home till 5 on weekdays I don't think I'll have the opportunity to call but nonetheless I will try.

tahnee503

• My Youtube Profile!
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: May 12, 2008, 07:05:40 AM »
Ok I wish you all the very best of luck ;) tell us how it goes :)

Alana1991

« Reply #62 on: May 12, 2008, 09:44:35 PM »
Good luck. :D

hey, i tried finding daibel on the contacts page...I can't. unless I''m doing something wrong. ???

edit: Nevermind i found it. ;p. I'll email him.

Edit again: I didn't send this yet, but how does this sound? Please tell me if things need to be changed to make it sound more professional. :)

Dear Mr. Daibel,

I am a 16 year old aspiring actress interested in The Last Airbender movie that M.Night Shyamalan is directing, and I was curious if you have information on the casting for the movie, or if you are helping with the casting of the movie. Please reply back, it'd be much appreciated.

Thank you for reading,

Aspiring Actress

Well?

« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 10:02:47 PM by Alana1991 »

tahnee503

• My Youtube Profile!
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: May 13, 2008, 02:30:15 AM »
I think it might need to sound a bit more professional I don't mean to criticize but it sounds a bit like your talking to a friend...
Maybe you could say

Dear Mr Aibel,
I have been hearing rumours that you are casting for the movie The Last Airbender which will be directed by M. Night Shyamalan.
Could you please confirm this if so I would very interested in participating.
Thankyou,
Your name here

Or something like that edit it your way... my personal opinion is that if you don't look professional they won't take you seriously and probably think it's a joke so just to be sure ;)

Alana1991

« Reply #64 on: May 13, 2008, 05:22:16 AM »
Oh no, I'm not offended...thats why I didn't send it yet, I knew it needed work. :p

Thanks a bunch. ;D

tahnee503

• My Youtube Profile!
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: May 13, 2008, 08:47:34 AM »
No problem let me know how it goes :D

happyelectrons

• Personal Text
    made by frozen
« Reply #66 on: May 13, 2008, 05:39:09 PM »
hey just a headsup I already e-mailed him and too many unsolicited e-mails might prompt him not to answer any of them. In mine I didn't mention I was an actress I just professionally asked if he would be casting or if he did cast Shymalan's next feature "The Last Airbender." Again for all our sakes don't everyone go and send him e-mails. Let's just keep it at me and Alana1991.

tahnee503

• My Youtube Profile!
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: May 13, 2008, 05:40:39 PM »
Ok that's great ;D hopefully one of you guys get an answer let's keep our fingers crossed ;)

happyelectrons

• Personal Text
    made by frozen
« Reply #68 on: May 30, 2008, 07:06:02 PM »
New development...

So I just called Kevin Huvane's office in New York, I'll say word for word what was said:
"Kevin Huvane's office."
"Hi, I was wondering if Kevin Huvane was casting a Shyamalan* movie?"
"No, I'm sorry he's not."
"He's not?"
"No, he's not."
"Oh, ok thank you."

When he first said no he said it rather quickly so i asked him to make sure he said that he's not and he seemed definite in his answer.

I kinda knew he was going to say that but I think this proves that e-mail thing was fake and that Kevin Huvane is not casting the movie. I still think Doug Aibel has something to do with it but when I called his theatre they weren't there, hereby proving that his hours are crazy. But summer is coming up and soon as I get a chance I'll call during a better hour.

That's all I got for now.

*I can't remember if I said "Shyamalan" or "avatar", but either way it doesn't matter he should know.

Alana1991

« Reply #69 on: May 30, 2008, 08:01:07 PM »
Thanks for that. Yeah, that Huvane thing just made me mad...Anyways, I haven't had much luck with emails, but I'll be out of school in a week so I'm gonna try it again and start calling also. I admit I havent done anything for a bit only becuase I had a lot of schoolwork and exams stuff. '

tahnee503

• My Youtube Profile!
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: May 31, 2008, 03:02:37 AM »
Did he sound like he was lying because maybe he did not want you knowing because kevin huvane would have probably one two many phone calls if he said yes anyway ???

happyelectrons

• Personal Text
    made by frozen
« Reply #71 on: May 31, 2008, 01:12:53 PM »
no. he has no reason to lie, if he was casting he would tell me to have my agent call up because any person has the chance of being the perfect person for the role they are looking for. It's really just not very professional to lie.

tahnee503

• My Youtube Profile!
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: May 31, 2008, 02:14:57 PM »
Well i was just throwing in a possibility because when i called up paramount they asked me if i was the press and if you or i really was then even if someone revealed who was casting everyone would know and it would probably be a big mess so i just think lying is a possibility but anyways you do have a point though... did we run out of ideas or is their new news about casting ect.?

hellozombie

• Unbreakable

• My DeviantArt
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: June 18, 2008, 02:17:55 AM »
hey guys! I haven't been on here in a while. Thanks for all the great info. I know a lot of us want to audition, including myself, so I'm glad we're helping each other out. :) I'm starting to get worried because I just read a interview that implied that they have "found the next big superstars." I hope that doesn't mean they already have everyone casted. I'll try to get the link up here, or I think someone else already posted it. I'm so worried. I wanted to audition for eiter Katara or Toph. Or anyone really. I really wish they had open casting calls like they did for Harry Potter. At least give a whole bunch of unknown kids a chance, with or without agents. Well, good luck to everyone else hoping to audition. I hope we can find out some concrete audition information soon. It's making me crazy!  :P

tahnee503

• My Youtube Profile!
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: June 18, 2008, 03:47:56 AM »
I saw that too and I hope they are still auditioning I saw an interview that said that they were making the sets in August so maybe and hopefully there are still auditioning :-\ besides that does anyone know how they saw that many kids were the auditions mentioned in a NY magazine or newspaper that we didn't read since some of us don't live there???