Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 178

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 183

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 184

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 220

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 223

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 235

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 250

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /homepages/3/d161544361/htdocs/mnightfans/forums/Sources/Load.php on line 268
new article on the happening...

Author Topic: new article on the happening...  (Read 2610 times)

the_sorcerer

• The Village

• Email
new article on the happening...
« on: May 14, 2008, 11:47:42 AM »
hey guys i found an article yesterday that had night talking about the happening being his scariest movie yet. check it out its tight!

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/news/newswire.php/news/reuters/2008/05/13/entertainment/shyamalan-delivers-intense-frights-in-34happening34.html&template=/entertainment/feeds/story-template-reuters.html

Lifeordeath1

• Futuristic (After Earth)

• Email
Re: new article on the happening...
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 07:39:56 PM »
"I don?t know what that says about me. I should probably get some therapy," he added with a laugh.

I like this statement he made!  HAHA!
"My biggest fear in life is to be average."
      M. Night Shyamalan

the_sorcerer

• The Village

• Email
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 06:38:55 AM »
man i am just so stoked to go on rotten tomatoes and see the critics do a complete 180 on their opinion of shyamalan....'tis gonna be a nice "haha screw you" from all of us who never gave up on him ;)

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 08:41:50 AM »
Or they'll just be so hard headed that they'll keep bashing him, which would stink.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village

Lifeordeath1

• Email
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2008, 10:12:40 AM »
My guess would be hard headed.   :-[
"My biggest fear in life is to be average."
      M. Night Shyamalan

Unbroken

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2008, 11:26:34 AM »
I think there are enough sensible critics on Rotten Tomatoes. The trailers for The Happening are so good, I'm sure they'll soften up a bit before watching the film. Granted, there will be people who will dislike it, but I'm confident The Happening will be given a decent rating. It looks like M Night's smoothest movie to date, and probably won't be as controversial. It will definitely frighten people, which is what the masses seem to want. That's why Night has been getting bashed a lot lately anyway. "Lady in the Water and The Village wasn't scary enough!" the trolls keep saying.

Just wait until they take a dose of this. They can't complain after they've crapped in their pants.  ;)

BN

• Unbreakable

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2008, 02:15:05 PM »
I think there are enough sensible critics on Rotten Tomatoes. The trailers for The Happening are so good, I

Exciting trailers were never the weak point of his movies. Village is a case in point about marketing gone totally wrong. At this point, his trailers have to make people want to see his movies and ofcourse they have to deliver. The multiple reports of people snickering during the trailer does not bode well.

Unbroken

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2008, 02:21:48 PM »
Hmm...

I haven't heard any reports of people snickering during the trailers. I know a lot of people liked the first one.

BN

• Unbreakable

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2008, 10:18:53 PM »
"inappropriate laughing" http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/05/02/the-happening-movie-trailer-2/

I am worried as there are two bad reviews out there, obscure reports of laughing during the trailer and no good reviews yet. I hope he surprises me and is back to his old form.

Mr_Glass.1

• Email
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2008, 08:40:36 AM »
Oh, I think he will surprise you, and for the better.
I see the world Lucius Hunt, just not the way you see it.

Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt in The Village